Website maintenance

Official announcements regarding Reality Factory
QuestOfDreams
Site Admin

Re: Website maintenance

Post by QuestOfDreams » Sat Dec 10, 2016 9:28 am

As I said before, there's still some work to be done on the site. One task is putting a slide show onto the landing page.
The old version used Joomla 1.5 on php 5.3. No way to keep that version any longer.

aicd99

Post by aicd99 » Sat Dec 10, 2016 10:04 am

QuestOfDreams wrote:As I said before, there's still some work to be done on the site. One task is putting a slide show onto the landing page.
The old version used Joomla 1.5 on php 5.3. No way to keep that version any longer.
why when I open the source code it redirects me to github
there was there was a source code folder where it contains 4 zip files
there are now gone lucky I have them all.

Does the new site uses a newer version of Joomla ?

aicd99

Post by aicd99 » Wed Dec 14, 2016 2:09 am

Would you fix the issues any time soon and I still have source code from the old RF site

Allanon

Post by Allanon » Wed Dec 14, 2016 10:02 pm

You can download zip files with the latest code from github. Whenever there is a change in code on github you will be able to download it instantly and not have to wait for it to be updated on the RF website.

aicd99

Post by aicd99 » Thu Dec 15, 2016 1:34 am

Allanon wrote:You can download zip files with the latest code from github. Whenever there is a change in code on github you will be able to download it instantly and not have to wait for it to be updated on the RF website.
https://github.com/RealityFactory/Genesis3D-Tools
The reality factory tools codes are missing still we can have them hosted in both places

Maybe I want to use the unaltered code of RF 0.76 and just wait for the full RF 0.78 then have the code on the site.

Any chances QOD backed up the old site before upgrading

aicd99

Post by aicd99 » Mon Dec 26, 2016 2:12 pm

The old version of the site source code sections. Please make it present on the new version.

aicd99

Post by aicd99 » Sun Jan 08, 2017 10:14 am

What is the joomla theme of the old site ?

QuestOfDreams
Site Admin

Post by QuestOfDreams » Sun Jan 08, 2017 7:33 pm

aicd99 wrote: https://github.com/RealityFactory/Genesis3D-Tools
The reality factory tools codes are missing still we can have them hosted in both places
Just need some more time for completing the commits ... it's really not like a hundred people are in desperate need of the tools source :roll:
aicd99 wrote: Maybe I want to use the unaltered code of RF 0.76 and just wait for the full RF 0.78 then have the code on the site.
You can get any version of the code from github.
aicd99 wrote:Any chances QOD backed up the old site before upgrading
Of course I have backups, but that's not the point. The point is to have all source code in one place.
aicd99 wrote:The old version of the site source code sections. Please make it present on the new version.
No, see above.
aicd99 wrote:What is the joomla theme of the old site ?
That was a custom theme I made. But I won't bring it back. It's way too much work to port it. Plus, it was neither responsive nor mobile friendly in any other way. Get over it.