Opening new Reality Factory Site

Post by QuestOfDreams » Sun Jul 03, 2005 11:37 pm

Welcome to the new Reality Factory site and forums

cheers
Daniel

gekido

Opened the Floodgates

Post by gekido » Mon Jul 04, 2005 9:56 pm

I've linked in the new site from the main RealityFactory.ca domain...

I'm going to setup the old ikonboard forums once we get the server redone (taking so long to back everything up etc), and run a site-stripper program on it so that we have the old forums in static html format.

We can host the old forums indefinitely as an informational resource so that all of the information & resources that were posted there aren't lost.

If you need anything from me to help setup the new site (text from the old site, etc) please let me know, i'll send you whatever I have.

Same goes with whatever tutorials I have kicking around. We are more than willing to host the tutorials. We are also willing to host mirrors for the main RF downloads etc to offload some of the traffic as well.

I'll post news when we have the ikonboard resetup and in static html format.

SithMaster

Post by SithMaster » Tue Jul 05, 2005 12:02 am

If you wouldnt mind could you please transfer scripting tutorials to the new site that would be great. Thanks.

gekido

All in good time

Post by gekido » Tue Jul 05, 2005 12:14 am

All of the tutorials / docs etc will be made available as soon as possible.

I'm organizing whatever docs & info that I have from the old site and will continue to host them once our server is back up and functional, but in the meantime, everyone is going to have to be patient during the transition period.

QuestOfDreams
Site Admin

Post by QuestOfDreams » Tue Jul 05, 2005 4:32 am

If you need anything from me to help setup the new site (text from the old site, etc) please let me know, i'll send you whatever I have.

Same goes with whatever tutorials I have kicking around. We are more than willing to host the tutorials. We are also willing to host mirrors for the main RF downloads etc to offload some of the traffic as well.
text from the old site and tutorials will be very much appreciated, so I don't have to build everything from the ground up ;-)

thx
Daniel

Spyrewolf

Post by Spyrewolf » Tue Jul 05, 2005 4:57 am

Whey! were back! sweet, nice new site and logo too, Hope to see all the familiar faces back in not too long.... So...is Quest the new project lead now?

gekido

Post by gekido » Tue Jul 05, 2005 9:05 am

Dan has been producing the most (and coolest) code for Reality Factory for quite a while now - this is only a logical extension of both this fact, plus the fact that I am seriously overloaded with work on Beyond Virtual, the numerous in-house projects that we have under development (using BV & otherwise) as well as generally 'running the company'.

This simply puts Reality Factory back into the hands of the community, where it belongs - we tried to make Reality Factory into a serious product, but with the limited resources that we had and the limitations (ala Genesis / WT licensing restrictions), we couldn't really go much further with RF as a serious engine & product.

With that said, now that we have BV - AND RF - we can now provide something that appeals to both the serious commercial developers while still bringing the larger game development communities attention to RF as well. This gives us a LOT more freedom to show the world what the Indie community can do, given the tools...

Spyrewolf

Post by Spyrewolf » Tue Jul 05, 2005 10:34 am

I am seriously overloaded with work on Beyond Virtual, the numerous in-house projects that we have under development (using BV & otherwise) as well as generally 'running the company'.
Good man, Sometimes it's hard to bite the bullet but im glad you passed it on to Quest, sometimes things pile up and even though there's alot of people depending on you to run the site, im glad that instead of being swamped with all the pressures, that you could admit it was too much others would have let things die or run off never to be seen or heard of again
......(that reminds me where is dairy anyways??? :P .....Ooooh that was a bit harsh.)just joking if you still lurking in the wings dairyman. :P
bottom line is the forum is back without too much delay and the members will surely follow...As you have stated RF is and will always be for and about the people!

Good luck with your BV project and i hope it prospers, by the sounds of things your onto a winner,

GD1

Post by GD1 » Tue Jul 05, 2005 2:49 pm

wow, its good to see RF back, after the delay i thought we'd been abandoned for BV's commercial buyers. it's sad to see us changing forums again but i know its for the best.

i think now is a good time to look back at RF over the years. it's changed so much, because of the time and effort that ALL OF US put into it together. when i got here RF was pretty low tech, but it evolved over the last few years into something beautiful, we have so many features we didn't think we could have, now it's at the point where i can and am developing an entry for the GDNET IV elements contest. and somehow between all the moves and problems, losses of people, and the like, weve managed to stick together and i think that really says something about the product AND the community.

welcome to our new home everyone! :)

jonas

Post by jonas » Tue Jul 05, 2005 5:48 pm

Thanks QuestofDreams I was getting worried that the Rf forum would be down for good! @gekido any ideas how the site got hacked?
Jonas

Focused, hard work is the real key to success. Keep your eyes on the goal, and just keep taking the next step towards completing it. If you aren't sure which way to do something, do it both ways and see which works better. - John Carmack