Reality Factory 0.72A Full Install

Official announcements regarding Reality Factory
QuestOfDreams
Site Admin

Reality Factory 0.72A Full Install

Post by QuestOfDreams » Fri Jul 08, 2005 8:57 am

Hi everybody!

As promised, the Reality Factory 0.72A Full Install is available from the Downloads section of this site ( http://dhost.info/realityfactory/downloads.htm ). I've only included some basic resources to keep the file size as small as possibel but everything should work fine and I'll upload some additional resources soon.
The demo level that comes with this install shows almost all of RF's entites in action - from the ActMaterial to the ViewSwitch entity - as well as a basic pawn script.

cheers
Daniel
Last edited by QuestOfDreams on Tue Jul 12, 2005 5:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Spyrewolf

Post by Spyrewolf » Fri Jul 08, 2005 9:39 am

Cool, does this include all of nouts new changes that he mentioned?
or is this comming at a later date?

QuestOfDreams
Site Admin

Post by QuestOfDreams » Fri Jul 08, 2005 2:07 pm

Cool, does this include all of nouts new changes that he mentioned?
or is this comming at a later date?
No it doesn't include Nout's changes yet, it is just a full 0.72A install instead of only the necessary files to update the 0.72 install.
When I get the changes I'll try to put together a new install asap.

InkyFreeman

Post by InkyFreeman » Fri Jul 08, 2005 2:30 pm

hello!

At me version 071. To not swing version 072 where it is possible to take only changes?

QuestOfDreams
Site Admin

Post by QuestOfDreams » Fri Jul 08, 2005 11:43 pm

At me version 071. To not swing version 072 where it is possible to take only changes?
If I understand you correctly you just want to update the RF071 install to RF072 without downloading the complete new install?
If so you can download the Update072A.zip which you can get at http://qdgames.5gigs.com/downloads_e.htm
it was meant to update the RF072 install but should also work for RF071.
Just unzip it to your current RF071 directory. However I haven't tried this so back up any files that would get replaced.
Hope that answers your question

gekido

nout's updates

Post by gekido » Sat Jul 09, 2005 1:28 am

Nout has sent me a test copy of his update with all of the 072 & 072A changes integrated (binary only)

He also has the starting point for enabling the Genesis 3d physics system as well, so you can give objects physical properties and have 'real' physics apply to them as well.

He mentioned that he was a few weeks away from having it ready to release to the public (with source), hopefully he's pretty close to have it ready to go.

As well, he has added a number of extra features to RF Edit Pro as well...

Nout

Nout's changes

Post by Nout » Sat Jul 09, 2005 6:50 pm

Give me still a few days, and I'll sent out the source code + build + docs to Daniel. I think this build already included (as far as I know) all code from RF72, but needs to be checked carefully

AndyCR

Post by AndyCR » Sun Jul 10, 2005 4:58 am

dont know if you knew this, but there is a freeware file-by-file comparing utility out there somewhere, could save you alot of time.

Nout

info

Post by Nout » Mon Jul 11, 2005 6:44 pm

The tool is very usefull if you have the latest code to compare with, but when programming with several people..., it's not that simple any more to guarantee this.

QuestOfDreams
Site Admin

Post by QuestOfDreams » Tue Jul 12, 2005 1:31 am

I've noticed that the link in the startmenu created by the installer doesn't work correctly. I'm sorry, until I have the time to fix this problem please start the .exe directly from the main RF directory :(

hike1
RF FAQ-Keeper

Post by hike1 » Tue Jul 12, 2005 9:13 pm

Great job on the demo, Quest, really needed this updated, haven't been able to run the texture procedurals in years. Now
we can just refer the noobs to your demo if they have questions.

But you left out world editor 2 out of the tools, RF edit pro
won't run on any of my 3 machines, if this is a problem for
anyone, you can get it at
http://terrymorgan.net/download.htm

wrldedit.zip or as part of tools.zip

hike1
RF FAQ-Keeper

Post by hike1 » Tue Jul 12, 2005 9:16 pm

1 improvement might be to put up a message as Virgil encounters each entity saying what it is, let's see hands out there?

Umm.. I got stuck in the moving platform after 'You shouldn't be here', it's the designer's fault for letting me get there!

QuestOfDreams
Site Admin

Post by QuestOfDreams » Tue Jul 12, 2005 9:53 pm

But you left out world editor 2 out of the tools
I also left out rfEdit, I only wanted one editor in the install so new users won't get confused
The editors can be downloaded seperately from my homepage and I will mirror them in the downloads section on this site too.
1 improvement might be to put up a message as Virgil encounters each entity saying what it is, let's see hands out there?
right will update the level with message entites
Umm.. I got stuck in the moving platform after 'You shouldn't be here', it's the designer's fault for letting me get there!
umm you should notice that there are 2 bots on patrol on this level and as soon as they discover you they will teleport you back to the level below;
the pawn script is not very well done so it might be a bit difficult to get past them...

Spyrewolf

Post by Spyrewolf » Wed Jul 13, 2005 5:03 am

the pawn script is not very well done so it might be a bit difficult to get past them...
Got that right, i had to disable them to get past, :D

yes very nice job on the demo Quest, we've needed something similar to that for years, I always wondered why we have never made an entity demo?

i see you include fog lights i've had heaps of trouble with them and thought that they were broken, but you have proved me wrong,

hike1
RF FAQ-Keeper

Post by hike1 » Wed Jul 13, 2005 3:20 pm

I always wondered why we have never made an entity demo?

Who's 'we'? You mean 'you'. I've made about 3000.