Reality Factory 0.78.0.0 Pre-Release

Official announcements regarding Reality Factory
steven8

Re: Reality Factory 0.78.0.0 Pre-Release

Post by steven8 » Sun Jun 22, 2014 2:10 am

QuestOfDreams wrote:Just had a quick look and the current code requires a SplashAudio to be defined along with a SplashScreen. Added it to my todo list.
Oh, well caught! I couldn't figure out what I was doing wrong. Thank you, QOD! :D
Steve Dilworth - Resisting change since 1965!

steven8

Post by steven8 » Sun Jun 22, 2014 3:07 am

Got my bitmap to show by tossing in a nice sound file, but here is another perplexing thing:

Why doesn't this use my level to start?

GameName = RealityFactory Demo
UseCharSelect = true
UseNameSelect = true
UseDifficultLevel = false
DefaultDifficulty = 1
DefaultLanguage = English
StartLevel = DadTestLevel.bsp
InGameCursor = false
SaveAttributesAsText = true

[EDIT] - GOT IT! Since we can't stop player selection, I edited the character.ini file to always load my level and virgil no matter what choice the user makes. Cheers!!

QuestOfDreams
Site Admin

Post by QuestOfDreams » Sun Jun 22, 2014 8:53 am

In the internal_config.ini file set

Code: Select all

UseCharSelect = false
and in the menu.ini remove

character = menu_character.layout
:arrow: character selection disabled (I'll fix the latter requirement)

steven8

Post by steven8 » Sun Jun 22, 2014 3:10 pm

QuestOfDreams wrote:In the internal_config.ini file set

UseCharSelect = false
and in the menu.ini remove

character = menu_character.layout
:arrow: character selection disabled (I'll fix the latter requirement)
Worked like a charm. Thank you, Daniel. :mrgreen:

Veleran

Post by Veleran » Sat Jul 19, 2014 11:54 pm

I extracted and run demo.Thank you so much for the Wide screens and high res,it looks hugely detailed.
I will check the other changes later.
Everything looks refreshed.I only run it once for several minutes and so far i only discovered the new wide screens resolutions.

In windows 7 64 bit ,I copied the extracted RF 0.80 to the Program files (i guess that is the 64-bit programs dir) hoping to take advantage of the full Ram memory instead putting the RF folder in the directory instead of the Program files x 86 that is for the common ones?
How much ram does it use for the common program files applications -2gb?I would like the full 6gb or more to get some speed frame rates.

Veleran

Post by Veleran » Thu Aug 21, 2014 2:58 pm

Is this directory all right or should i move the Reality Factory and automatically its Sub-folders out of the \RealityFactory-0.78.0.0-beta folder and place it to the Program files directory?

Right now the directory looks like this: C:\Program Files\RealityFactory-0.78.0.0-beta\RealityFactory
and i plan to rename the Reality Factory to a game name like Horror manor etc.

QuestOfDreams
Site Admin

Post by QuestOfDreams » Fri Aug 22, 2014 12:15 pm

RF is a 32 bit application. Games created with RF should be installed in C:\Program Files (x86) on 64 bit Windows. The RF toolkit, however, should be installed in C:\RealityFactory, see viewtopic.php?f=1&t=5733#p40387

Veleran

Post by Veleran » Tue Aug 26, 2014 12:53 pm

I forgot to put the whole directory C:\Program Files\RealityFactory-0.78.0.0-beta.
I ask because i did not notice anything about administrator things as i have turned off UAcc user account control settings
long ago when i noticed that i could not modify anything in Rf or save new files.
Do you mean there has to be another RF at the root hard disk dir just to run from it various RF tools locating in the tools dir?

QuestOfDreams
Site Admin

Post by QuestOfDreams » Fri Sep 12, 2014 7:03 pm

Veleran wrote:i noticed that i could not modify anything in Rf or save new files.
That's why I suggested to extract the archive to C:\RealityFactory for development.

If you distribute your final game, I suggest that it should be installed in the Program Files folder because that's the place programs should go. I contrast to some of the dev tools, your RF game should work fine there - even with user account control settings turned on - because it will save any files (like keyboard settings etc.) to "writeable" folders (where they are supposed to go)

Veleran

Post by Veleran » Tue Oct 21, 2014 4:04 pm

But,where is the log text file located at in windows 7?Today i tried to run a custom level for the first time instead of the default demo but it crashed saying it failed to initialize first level.
I checked the documents and there s only the saved games and screenshots folders for RF in there.
I m looking for an app data folder in case the debug log file is somewhere in there but i can not locate at all any app data folder yet.

If anyone knows about win 7 and can help me i would be glad.

Veleran

Post by Veleran » Tue Oct 21, 2014 4:18 pm

Fixed it myself (like many times),i compiled the bsp to the media/levels dir instead the C:\RealityFactory\media\levels\HorrorManor\Manor1.map saved the level RDT in the bulk on all media levels and hope i will not increment save too much and fill the directory with many variations of the same level.

The debug realityFctory log still missing and i have no idea where i can find it wen i need it,although i allowed the explorer to show hidden files and folders.

I can not say i searched for long but the known places do not seem to have it so far.
If you know where to look to,you can tell me,i will surely need to check the log when some crash happens to see what went wrong.

I found some app datta but did nt seem to have any relation with RF C:\Users\Administrator.WIN-SAKLJ917MG0\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Protect

only that one
C:\Users\Welleran\Documents\RealityFactory Demo

Anyway i have disabled user control accounts and always have administrator rights,and the user name was just for when i started the whole thing.

One more thing:Where is the ini editor or the settings text to turn character selection on and off ?

Veleran

Post by Veleran » Thu Oct 23, 2014 12:17 am

I turned off the character selection in the internal_config configuration ini.
Found the player selection portrait images in RealityFactory\gui\imagesets , tga and since all the buttons ,portraits and everything is in that single tga it looks like difficult image mapping using coordinates and discourages me from making new bitmaps,so i was thinking for start to modify the existing bitmap-if i can.

I have noticed is in the two RF 0.76 i had ,messed up a little since i installed the 0.78 their player cant render in isometric and does not move at all like he is trapped in a wall.If i can not fix that i would have to re install the 0.76 or use only the latest build hope that it is steady enough for use and saves and basic stuff are ok.

QuestOfDreams
Site Admin

Post by QuestOfDreams » Thu Oct 23, 2014 8:54 am

The log files are in
%APPDATA%\RealityFactory Demo\logs
you can copy&paste this line directly to the address bar of Windows Explorer
It should resolve to something like
C:\Users\Welleran\AppData\Roaming\RealityFactory Demo\logs

The INI Editor has been removed from this release due to considerable changes in the ini file system.

An imageset may consist of one ore more image areas. Each imageset you want to use has to be added to the GUI scheme you are using (e.g. RFLook.scheme in the gui\schemes folder). To define the areas of an imagset you can use the CEImagesetEditor in the tools folder.

Veleran

Post by Veleran » Fri Oct 31, 2014 5:24 pm

Thank you.Can i ask,the Level Editor textures do not display at all if their name has over 15 letters they,right?
The Hollow wall boxes bsp like the outer part even if they are not sky flagged ,need a rebuild before you see a new texture applied on it?
Also,the slide speed scales up with the slope?I noticed after i used a value 0.99 slide slope in playersettup entity and slide speed o.5 that at the smallest angle you slide down slowly,but at a sharper angle like the diagonal rail handle of the stairs
the moment you land in it you slide to a lower spot very fast.
It is not a problem, i just wanted to be sure.
Shall questions like these i ask to another section and topic instead of here?

aicd99

Post by aicd99 » Fri Jun 05, 2015 5:48 am

when is the final release is coming ?
and what features and bug fixes would I expect ?

and try to get more people to develop rf to make it better please