Looking for work (Scripting, UI, General Design)

Please post all job ads here ONLY
Matte

Re: Looking for work (Scripting, UI, General Design)

Post by Matte » Thu Sep 17, 2009 8:42 pm

Although I don't really know what Derelict means, it sure is a catchy title!

I'll reread the story and see if I can come up with some titles.

Matte

jonas

Post by jonas » Thu Oct 08, 2009 4:56 pm

Just curious to see if there has been any progress on this project. Good to see a serious project on the forums. :D
Jonas

Focused, hard work is the real key to success. Keep your eyes on the goal, and just keep taking the next step towards completing it. If you aren't sure which way to do something, do it both ways and see which works better. - John Carmack

Jay
RF Dev Team

Post by Jay » Fri Oct 09, 2009 5:39 pm

Oh yes there is, Matte and realityfactoryusr are putting together an enemy model while i am working on a level... That's an early screen of the water recirculation pool (where the water is already clean). Early because there are props missing, like pumps to recirculate the water into the ship systems.
Attachments
level1_2.JPG
(42.27 KiB) Not downloaded yet
Everyone can see the difficult, but only the wise can see the simple.
-----

jonas

Post by jonas » Sat Oct 10, 2009 9:34 am

Off to a good start. Drawings of the enemies look great. Story is pretty good and you guys haven't given up. Can't wait to see a demo :D
Jonas

Focused, hard work is the real key to success. Keep your eyes on the goal, and just keep taking the next step towards completing it. If you aren't sure which way to do something, do it both ways and see which works better. - John Carmack

Matte

Post by Matte » Sat Oct 10, 2009 5:18 pm

I just love working on it! I hope you can play a demo soon, but we want to get things right, so you'll have to wait a bit. :P

But better this than half-done rushed work that crashes when you try to run around a bit.

Make sure you look here every once and a while. You won't regret it.

Greetings, Matte.

realityfactoryusr

Post by realityfactoryusr » Thu Nov 05, 2009 11:27 pm

Hello.

Our project, Derelict, is in need of an animator. We are requesting an animator while we work on completing other content. We can use at least one animated character. Just a walk cycle for the moment.

Thankyou
realityfactoryusr

paradoxnj
RF2 Dev Team

Post by paradoxnj » Fri Nov 06, 2009 2:09 pm

You can find motion capture data in BVH format all over the net. You can load that into Milkshape and attach it to a model to get a walk animation for it. Also...if you are just testing, why not just use Virgil?
Many Bothans died to bring you this signature....

realityfactoryusr

Post by realityfactoryusr » Thu Nov 12, 2009 12:13 am

@Bernie
Hello again, sorry to only come to you with problems....

IN the c-drive I have the following files exported (with the OGRE converter option on or off, same results):

Cube.001-Armature.skeleton
Cube.mesh
Cube-Armature.skeleton
Cube.001.mesh
Scene.material

Equity gives the error dialogue:
"Cant Find Skel Make Sure the Skeleton xml file is in the same folder"

The model animates perfectly in Blender. I thought it was missing a few vertices when skinning, so I made a new model of just 2 cubes and bones. The animation was clean, all vertices caught on. There were no errors during export. However when importing the model into Equity, I got the above error.

@paradoxnj
Thanks for the heads up. However I am not in possession of Milkshape at the moment. Its a pain trying to order the thing. Always has been. Ill get it eventually though.

Stay tuned.....

bernie
RF Moderator

Post by bernie » Thu Nov 12, 2009 12:11 pm

The Skeleton file MUST have the same name as the mesh file.
Cube.001-Armature.skeleton
Cube.mesh
Cube-Armature.skeleton
Cube.001.mesh
Scene.material
You have added -Armature to the skeleton file therefore equity will not find the file. It should be Cube.skeleton for it to work, also the material file has to be the same name ie Cube.material. Alternatively you could add _Armature to the mesh and material files ie cube-Armature.mesh and Cube-Armature.material. The point is the files must have exactly the same name. The same thing with Cube.001.mesh needs Cube.001.skeleton and Cube.001.material for it to work. It's the naming thing Blender does thing different to any other program for some reason. All you need to do is manually change the file names and it will work.
EDIT: It will work providing that you haven't used weighted vertices. If you have then you might have problems. The bone assignments may go askew as the genesis engine will ignore the lower weights.

realityfactoryusr

Post by realityfactoryusr » Sat Dec 05, 2009 8:28 pm

@Bernie
IT WORKED! I cant believe all that was wrong was the name. The animation plays inside of equity perfectly.
Now its just a matter of getting the .act file into RealityFactory.
Thankyou Bernie, your a magician :wink:

@Jay
As you can tell from the above post animations are working. Give me some time to figure out how to drop the character into Reality Factory and youll have that model to script. Once thats done well pick up speed. How does a summer 2010 blockbuster release sound?

@Matte
To think! We were going to start studying Truespace from the ground up...... :oops: By the way, that texture on the worker model was sort of a guide, so you could see where to place your texures. Care to do any custom texture work? It totally up to your imagination, my scribbles are just a base to work from.

Thankyou everyone for your patience.

realityfactoryusr

Post by realityfactoryusr » Thu Sep 02, 2010 8:14 pm

Sheesh, forget the summer release! Heres ONE model thats being rigged right now. I know its been a year, an interesting one though:

Matte

Post by Matte » Sun Sep 12, 2010 9:03 am

Cool model! it's good to see you're back working on the game. :D

dailoc

Post by dailoc » Sat Jul 27, 2013 3:07 am

Hello, i'm dailoc, currently working on a FPS game, but no longer using RF. I'm using Neoaxis, my skype is dailoc2