MORPG Project...

Please post all job ads here ONLY
Sharlenwar

MORPG Project...

Post by Sharlenwar » Sun Sep 10, 2006 4:02 pm

We are currently looking for Graphic Designers for our game project. This will be a paid position, so only serious inquries please. We do have a more detailed history, but this should be enough to give you the idea.

Overview: On the world of Yendarill, there was an artifact found deep within the jungles of Serenda. Archaeologists studied the artifact and concluded it was of magical origin. With the fiddling of the device, it was activated and something horrible happens to the world. Ultimately what happens is the people of Yendarill must evacuate the planet, so the Arcane masters create a portal to a new world and thus the evacuation begins. There are many battles that occur during this evacuation, and just before the end, the emperor of Yendarill stays behind to fend of the enemy to let his people close the portal.

The players begin on a new world, about 150 years after this event. The players would learn that people are starting to unearth ancient technology and are incorporating it into everyday life. The game would be a sort of fantasy/sci-fi genre I believe. Think of it as what if the world developed magic with their technology, what sort of technology would emerge with the use of high magic. So maybe instead of steam power, there would be crystals that power vehicles, maybe even crystals filled with magic that power weapons and what not.

So for anyone who is interested, please email myself at sharlenwar AT demuria DOT com. Please, only serious inquries as this will be a paid position.

Thank you for the time in reading this.
-~= Bleh, Something =~-

scott

Post by scott » Sun Sep 10, 2006 4:19 pm

interseting to say the least, i have a few questions if you check back, how come you found this community, like there are lots of other bigger better websites out there, this is a small and somewhat remote comunity, have you got a website and what contry are you from? as this may involve international laws being a paid possition, mabe you know more about this than i do as im just guessing, what are your goals, is this a one off game, have you made some in the past is this a home grown company, or are you a major company imploying 100's of people.

you also mentiond you was looking for graphic designers, what feild of graphics do you mean, 3d modeling designing, 3d modeling creation, texturing design, texturing creator, special effects design, special effects creator.

how much time would u want devoted tou your project, is this going to be equivelent to a full time job?

i am intereasted myself but i thought posting these questions may help others decide weather to take you up on this job offer.
*GD*

Sharlenwar

Post by Sharlenwar » Sun Sep 10, 2006 6:21 pm

Well, I found this community through a post on the Realm Crafter forums I'm a part of. I understand there are lots of other larger sites, but I find that there is some real talent hiding away in the smaller communities. Plus I find that I get more responses with smaller communities than large ones.

My website is located at http://demuria.com and we've recently gone through a transition phase. So it isn't busy, and thus this is why I'm trying to rebuild the community I had.

I'm familiar with the international laws, but of course things aren't as complicated as it may seem. This will be discussed further as we dive into the pay and what not.

I have more milestones than goals, or maybe they are one of the same. We have a plan from start to finish basically, from finishing character models, to finishing systems, and the final product. You have to remember that my site is more of a hobbyist style site. With that in mind, obviously I've started Demuria Studios which is a homegrown company. My studio is here in my computer room in my house. :P

As far as previous experience, if you include the UO emu projects I've worked on, this will be my 5th or 6th project in the past 10 years or so. Mostly it's been working on mods, scripting, programming, and other various aspects. I've also worked on a NWN project but I was disappointed that Bioware never really addressed the persistent world issue. Hopefully that will change with NWN2. This project we are working on, Malras: Tides of Dominion, is my first project to something that is truly custom and unique.

The reason I say Graphic Designers, is I'm looking for people who can possibly draw concepts, model, texture, & even animate. Since the company is small, and I currently have one Graphic Designer, it would be nice to have more on the team to help things move along a bit faster. As far as time commitment, that can be negotiated. This wouldn't be a full time position, but more of a job to work on knowing that a project is going to be either self published or a publisher aquired down the road. But normally something like a couple hours a day would be something I'm hoping for. More would be great, less would be alright too.

I hope this answers the grey areas sort of. I've also updated my profile information on the forums here. Reality Factory seems like a very interesting engine, one to definately follow.

Thanks for the interest and anyone else who is interested can contact me either through my site or through email at sharlenwar AT demuria DOT com.

Thank you for taking the time to read this!
-~= Bleh, Something =~-

hallsofvallhalla

Post by hallsofvallhalla » Thu Nov 30, 2006 9:30 pm

Sharl! whats up! fancy seeing you here. Are you still here?

psYco

Post by psYco » Thu Nov 30, 2006 9:39 pm

well I aint seen him around HERE anymore, hes still at demuria forums tho, he is in the process of updating the site ATM i think...

hallsofvallhalla

Post by hallsofvallhalla » Sat Dec 02, 2006 6:42 pm

yeah I I joined there for a while, but decided to go solo instead.