offer no longer avaliable soz[Modeler wanted pay per model]

Please post all job ads here ONLY
psYco

offer no longer avaliable soz[Modeler wanted pay per model]

Post by psYco » Tue Dec 05, 2006 8:49 pm

OFFER IS NO LONGER UP SORRY
Last edited by psYco on Thu Jun 28, 2007 9:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.

scott

Post by scott » Tue Dec 05, 2006 10:31 pm

i can make some models like trees, they are easy for me and also good textures for them to, not to good at humanoids, havnt practiced them yet, but if u want trees i can give u trees any kind you want, high polly low polly, LOD is the key here but i dont know how long it will take to make but i am willing.
*GD*

Juutis

Post by Juutis » Wed Dec 06, 2006 7:41 am

I could probably try to make a model of two..
I'm not the greatest humanoid modeler but the only way to get better is practising, right? :wink:

I will see if I have time on the weekend, I'll let you know when I know for sure. :)

Here's a model I made recently for my game. It has 564 polys.

Pain is only psychological.

psYco

Post by psYco » Wed Dec 06, 2006 4:29 pm

Well first let me say that thats quite a nice looking model juut, and I like the texture. I am though looking for something with a bit higher poly count some where in the 1000-1500 range (as its a RF2 game) I will though want a high and low poly version (witch ill do in milkshape with the directX mesh tool) thats cause i want a version to run in RF.

@Scott: Now scott that sounds good since I AM at the moment (well in a week or two) in need of a model of a boabab tree, now that will be SUPER HIGH poly since its for a cutscene I will later need an in game model but thats much later so If your interested ill post some pics of what i want here.
As far as textures I will want to do them myself since im gunning for a very special look (im sketching all the game textures by hand) you will (if you decided to do it) have to please do the UV map and apply the texture. When it comes to pay Im not really sure but how does 8£ sound? im baseing that on the model prices at the variouse model sites. And payment would be done over paypal (the online money ttransferrer trusted by e-bay).

@Juutis: Well ill post the player 'design' (the side and front views) as well as the texture plate and you can (if you want) attempt it, itll be the same deal as I mentiond to scott above mabey more/less in the price?

Oh and as for credit any body who sends me a model will get mention in the game credits however they wont have any say in what i do with the model (say i edit or change it or whatever for the game) I wont though pass it off as my own.

scott

Post by scott » Thu Dec 07, 2006 2:39 pm

these are some trees i have made for my self, they are low poly about 300 each i belive but cant rmember as this was severel months ago, as you can see they have 32-bit textueres aswel so they have alpha transparency, all textures will be unique and so will each tree.

http://myweb.tiscali.co.uk/scottswebpag ... nshots.htm

i have i belive about 20 in the room and i had no frame drop so they are good, only problem tho is the way RF handles the transparency, they seem to make parts of other objects transparent at times but this could be my own fault missing a few z-sort = true as most the time they work fine.
*GD*

psYco

Post by psYco » Thu Dec 07, 2006 10:40 pm

well scott those trees look great! Not quite what im looking for though, the tree that I would be interested in you haveing a go at will be this the baoabab it is in my opinion the most beautiful tree in existance, for the game purposes it is a symbol of great power fading in darker times, a memory of a fallen god. Any way enough with the 'feel' of i here are some referece pics: (NB if you give it a shot I think ill be looking to pay around £8-£10 this will be over paypal preferably, and Im looking for something in the range of 2000 polys to mabey 3500, itll just be for a cutscene renderd in blender so no worrys about the RF engien.

here are the pics:

Dont worry about the texture for now Im working on that at the moment ill send it to you when its done. (if of cource you decide to tackle this) :)

[EDIT: The others are just for a reference and insparation but its the tree in the first pic that I love the most, I want it with a very thick (about the same proportions as in pic 1) but with ever so slightly shorter brances or at least less 'wide spread' and more central emphasising its 'colum' shape witch is a symbol of stability aga and power. The branches should 'droop' a little though as if the tree is slightly sad (it really posses a soul in the game) :END EDIT]

scott

Post by scott » Thu Dec 07, 2006 11:19 pm

i can make any kind of tree, those was just the ones i have made so far that im using in my game, will be able to make your tree for you :) i will get back to you in a day or two, then just tell me how you want it improved.
*GD*

scott

Post by scott » Fri Dec 08, 2006 2:00 am

ok well i have been working on it for a little while now, are you planing to have any leaves on this tree? as i could get alot more detail in the tree if i was to create the very fine twigs using 32-bit textures saving alot of polly's i have made a tree, i can probably make that tree with about 4000-5000 pollys but woud be less using textures, if you dont want textured branches and cant have that many pollys then i can see what i can do but cant promise anything.
*GD*

scott

Post by scott » Fri Dec 08, 2006 3:56 am

well this is the best i can do 3800 and it uses textured twigs, here are two pictures of it

they are the basic shape, can alter them in anyway and once you are happy i can neaten them up and make them look better.
*GD*

psYco

Post by psYco » Fri Dec 08, 2006 12:10 pm

well let me just first say that I really like what youve done:) . I just have a few things that I would like to change, first the branches need to be more um branchy like have a few more branches branching off like in the first picture, if you know what I mean, also mabey have a branch or two growing out of the centre of the tree so its not so 'symetrical' with four on one side, for on the other and none in the middle, also I think that more of a varience in size of branches would be nice AND finally mabey loose the lean to the side or make it a bit more subtle... Alround its looking good so far, I should have a texture done by tonight witch ill post here.

[EDIT: to see what I mean about the sizes and position of the branches and the branchyness just look at the differences between your branches and the ones in the first picture. :END EDIT]

scott

Post by scott » Fri Dec 08, 2006 4:54 pm

what do you mean by
the branches need to be more um branchy like have a few more branches branching off like in the first picture
is it the shape of them, the direction they are pointing, the way they curve, size of them, do they need to be longer and more spread out?

i have sorted the symetrical problem out alot, still nedds a bit more doing to, the actual twigs are there to many, to big, to few.

the trunk is also been worked on alot and its alot more upright will be able to make it look alot better with a texture :D, i will need the texture of the trunk to i can alter the twig texture

as you can see below theres alot of flat planes that have 32-bit textures on them to give the detail and transparency so these will need the texture of the trunk to keep the same colour.

*GD*

GD1

Post by GD1 » Fri Dec 08, 2006 5:07 pm

I hate to sound preachy, but making the actual game models is the last thing you should be doing right now. You should be focusing on making high-poly (at least 50K+) models as Concept Art. The final models shouldn't be attempted until you actually have your hands on the engine and know how well the engine handles the load you put on it. In 4 years, hardware as well as software will change quite a bit, and you may be stuck wishing that you had made the models differently, or your entire concept of the game could change by then.

Not trying to discourage you, but i just think your time would be better spent working out all the little kinks through concept art. Maybe even making a prototype in RF with not-so-good graphics. I did this with my game and saved a lot of headache.

BTW, i played SOTD and loved it. For not having access to the forums you really figured things out well. :)
Check out my band
Tougher Than Fort Knox

psYco

Post by psYco » Fri Dec 08, 2006 6:02 pm

Well GD1 thats exactly what im doing, this is all just for the opening cutscene, were planning on doin all the cuts having all the media worked out and basically having everythin AND a beta RF1 version ready for the RF2 release in early 2010 then well hopefully be able to build the game by 2011!

@scott: sorry about this texture its taking longer than I thought Ill HOPEFULLy have it out by around midnite (UK time) :D

psYco

Post by psYco » Fri Dec 08, 2006 7:03 pm

Oh sorry I missed your questions (well read em but forgot to answer) Well yeah a bit more spread out, and more 'branches coming out of brances' like just more branches a bit fatter (not the main ones they are perfect well mabey one of them could be a bit fatter) but I mean the branches that come off of the branches are a bit to thin also the 'second tier' branches are a bit too straight where as in the pic there are branches that come off of a branch curving left and then the next branch off that curves right, so it makes it alot more chaotic.. I hope im making sence its getting late and i really need some sleep...

psYco

Post by psYco » Sat Dec 09, 2006 1:52 pm

@scott: Sorry I tookl so long! I did the texture 2wice the first time it was okay but I made a mistake by shading REALLY badly cause i was rushing so anyway here it is Im still not COMPLETELY happy with it but itll have to do! I give it to you nice and big cause i want it nice and highrez plus you can use it for any and all parts of the tree. Oh and sorry to say but you cant use those flatplanes with the 32 bit textures cause it looks rubbish in blender (well when you render and animate it caueses weird bugs) any way feel free to up the poly count to 5000, oh and can the trunk be a lil thicker please. Thanks. :D