im kinda newbie but i would like to join a team ....

Please post all job ads here ONLY
samysam

im kinda newbie but i would like to join a team ....

Post by samysam » Sun Mar 18, 2007 6:08 pm

yeah im bored and have alot of spare time sooo i want to do somthing with i anyone want me to join a group ill be happy with building maps ....but im kinda newbie and im 12 soooooo yeah
dsasdssssssssssssssssssssssss

psYco

Post by psYco » Sun Mar 18, 2007 6:44 pm

well, I have a project im working on ATM called "The Red Button Story" and we are pretty relaxed (by we I mean me my best mate in SA and then our sound guy also in SA) about what people do, so if you want to mabey help out a bit, I dunno what your capable of, and were looking for quite a high standerd but we're happy to help you learn by mabey letting you work on some small stuff like a bit of a level or allighning textures, mabey getting used to the ropes of modelling and some basic animation? well whatever you think you can handle

were not really worried about how much time you put in, so long as you let us know when you will/will not be able to do stuff, and that when you DO work on something you do your best, (I really hate ppl who put half effort in) anyway let me know if your interested... :D

samysam

Post by samysam » Sun Mar 18, 2007 7:29 pm

psYco wrote:well, I have a project im working on ATM called "The Red Button Story" and we are pretty relaxed (by we I mean me my best mate in SA and then our sound guy also in SA) about what people do, so if you want to mabey help out a bit, I dunno what your capable of, and were looking for quite a high standerd but we're happy to help you learn by mabey letting you work on some small stuff like a bit of a level or allighning textures, mabey getting used to the ropes of modelling and some basic animation? well whatever you think you can handle

were not really worried about how much time you put in, so long as you let us know when you will/will not be able to do stuff, and that when you DO work on something you do your best, (I really hate ppl who put half effort in) anyway let me know if your interested... :D
sure... im on mainly on saterdays and i have minor exience with modeling nothing that good just low polly models I MEEN REALY LOW POLLY but sure ill love to help with the little stuff
dsasdssssssssssssssssssssssss

Juutis

Post by Juutis » Sun Mar 18, 2007 7:54 pm

sure... im on mainly on saterdays and i have minor exience with modeling nothing that good just low polly models I MEEN REALY LOW POLLY but sure ill love to help with the little stuff
It's better to have too few polygons than too many. :)
Seriously, anyone can make a good looking model that has 10k polys, but it takes skill to produce the same effect with 1000 polys.
Pain is only psychological.

psYco

Post by psYco » Sun Mar 18, 2007 9:03 pm

Very true...

Silmeria

Post by Silmeria » Sat Apr 07, 2007 1:47 am

Juutis, if you need modelers, I'll be glad to help. I need the learning experience. I won't totally devote my time for this, though. I have an FPS project to finish.

Juutis

Post by Juutis » Sat Apr 07, 2007 11:15 am

Silmeria wrote:Juutis, if you need modelers, I'll be glad to help. I need the learning experience. I won't totally devote my time for this, though. I have an FPS project to finish.
Uhh, me? I think you mean samysam. :)
In case you really mean me, thanks but I won't be needing any help with modeling in my project.

Welcome to the forums, BTW!! :D
Pain is only psychological.

Silmeria

Post by Silmeria » Sat Apr 07, 2007 7:23 pm

Oops, I meant psYco.

psYco

Post by psYco » Sun Apr 08, 2007 12:35 am

Well, sure, im happy for any help I can get, at the moment were just modeling as we need stuff there ARE a few things we need done tho and so if you wanted to help out that would be great :) Im hoping to have a demo out soon and im trying to get the scripts working, the sound done, and the small cutscene renderd (which requires us to get our 3DS max skills up) so if you could help with some of the modeling that would give us more time to do the other stuff, so yeah give me a PM if your interested mabey an example of something youve done before? Just so I know what level of modeling your at, oh and I completely understand u having your own project and I dont mind how little time you commit so long as your commited to however much time you offer :)