Hazmat Wants You for a FPS Horror game!!

Please post all job ads here ONLY
gamer

Hazmat Wants You for a FPS Horror game!!

Post by gamer » Thu Apr 12, 2007 3:18 am

Greetings, I am designing a game that we are still unsure of the name but leaning towards Mindgate (Check out the poll: http://www.realityfactory.info/forum/vi ... php?t=2131)

The story (summarized)
The game is about a artifact found 2125 by a mercury Archeologist team that went missing days after the discovery but, when it was being shipped to Earth to be studied, Mercs intercepted and stole the Artifact(Mindgate). Now you as a stand alone spec op must go in alone to retrieve the stolen item but something out of the ordinary is happening and soon you come to find out that Mindgate is no mere item but the most disturbing truth of all:The Darkness Is Living.

The Plan(Setting,look etc.)

The game will take place on a stolen, run down government ship that is now ran by Mercs (mercenaries). The ship will be in state of emergency and the lighting will be dim,and in some parts there will be none.That's where the flashlight and surprise attacks will come in. Because you infiltrated the ship the mercs will be after, but the mindgate hungers for Life essence which is in every living thing.I plan to have a merc vs. mingate vs. player AI where you can let the merc kill the creature (Or Vice-Versa) or surprise them both while they attack each other adding elements of strategy. I plan to have the weapons futuristic rifles, pistols, Machine Guns, etc. but no sniper rifles (You cant snipe in the dark.) The levels will be on a smallish scale of hallways, decent sized rooms and the occasional medium to large size rooms for example: A Lobby or Medium sized Lab or Greenhouse.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Positions:
Programmer
Level Designer
Artist: Concept, 3D, Texture(Bump Mapping included),Characters
Sound/audio
Scripter
Modeler:Weapons, Characters,Items, Decorations(Crates, Bodies,etc.)Animation
Interface:Hud,Menu
Test and debug

Skill Levels:
Programmer:Begginer-medium
Artist:Beginner-Medium
Sound/audio:Any
Scripter:Any
Modeler:Pro
Animation:Medium-pro
Interface:Any
Test and Debug:Any

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------Contact me at Hazmatgames@hotmail.com if you are interested. This project can be a leaning experience for some.
Thank You.
Last edited by gamer on Thu Apr 12, 2007 4:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.

darksmaster923

Post by darksmaster923 » Thu Apr 12, 2007 6:47 am

do u have to meet the skill criteria? some of those are rather.......high
Herp derp.

psYco

Post by psYco » Thu Apr 12, 2007 12:46 pm

i can help testing! But apart from that sorry im REALLY busy atm and hardly ever have time for my own game

gamer

Post by gamer » Thu Apr 12, 2007 3:59 pm

Weel not exactley. Those skills are wat I am shooting for but It isn`t required to meet the skill requirements. If you are interested then email me plz.(Link at top) Oh and thanks Psyco

gamer

Dire Need

Post by gamer » Wed May 02, 2007 4:25 pm

Ok we definently need some who knows RF top to bottom. Like the Engine Pro.

darksmaster923

Post by darksmaster923 » Thu May 03, 2007 12:45 am

uh why may i ask?
Herp derp.

gamer

Re

Post by gamer » Thu May 03, 2007 2:42 am

Well although I know some stuff about RF I don`t know everything nor do I know how to torubleshoot the engine so it would be nice to have a kind of tech/tutorial support.

darksmaster923

Post by darksmaster923 » Thu May 03, 2007 2:54 am

well there is a bug report section. what problem are you having
Herp derp.

gamer

Post by gamer » Thu May 03, 2007 4:01 pm

it`s not really for problems it`s that I don`t know everything about the engine and level editors so It would be nice to have someone there to help me learn a little bit more.

psYco

Post by psYco » Thu May 03, 2007 5:54 pm

well, I learnd all i know thru the various tute resources around and mainly through practise... I suggest u just mess about a bit, and learn the engien for yourself ull soon become used to it, and then u will learn more stuff and more quickly :D

gamer

Post by gamer » Sat May 05, 2007 12:54 am

any goos tutorial resources. All I can find is Bascis. Hwat I want is like how to set up Bots, use script points, curve surfaces stuff like that