texture artist

Please post all job ads here ONLY
scott

texture artist

Post by scott » Thu Sep 06, 2007 11:21 am

hi all, i am after a texture artist to create textures, would be helpful if you can skin models aswel but not esentual.
i am creating alot of content and need some help with the game because theres so much, i am after a bit of talent, i would make it myself and still will if need be but its pushing on time if i have to, so i really am looking for someone that has about the same level of skill as me to join the team, i have created a few textures recently so if you think you can come up with the same quality and want to get noticed in the games industry and also willing to help me in my project reply to this post or leave me an PM please.
http://myweb.tiscali.co.uk/scottswebpage/texture01.jpg
http://myweb.tiscali.co.uk/scottswebpage/texture02.jpg
http://myweb.tiscali.co.uk/scottswebpage/texture03.jpg
*GD*

zany_001

Post by zany_001 » Thu Sep 06, 2007 10:22 pm

YOU have making game textures by Luke Ahearn do you NOT.awesome book.

i possibly could, but im quite busy.i could model some textures for you for windows a nd stuff if you want tho.
Once I was sad, and I stopped being sad and was awesome instead.
True story.

darksmaster923

Post by darksmaster923 » Fri Sep 07, 2007 1:57 am

zany_001 wrote:YOU have making game textures by Luke Ahearn do you NOT.awesome book.

i possibly could, but im quite busy.i could model some textures for you for windows a nd stuff if you want tho.
i want that book..................... every sez it pwns
Herp derp.

zany_001

Post by zany_001 » Fri Sep 07, 2007 2:05 am

oh it pwns all right, oh yeah.
Once I was sad, and I stopped being sad and was awesome instead.
True story.

scott

Post by scott » Fri Sep 07, 2007 3:13 am

yea i do, lol, its a great book, has realy improved my skills with photoshop, put those up because they were in the book, and that other people would have very similar so i know people wouldnt copy them, or if they did it didnt matter because they are used so much, i used the same basic principls for my skin texture that you partualy see in the "wich eye is best" post i made, have also made a couple of other textures that are as good as those, the windows is a difficult one, there is ALOT of glass and windows in the game, and thus thinking of making a shader possibly as it would be simpler than making textures for them (my game is full of high rise towers wich concsist of alot of windows) its basicly for everything else, floor, roof, furniture, objects and so on, so thanks for the offer but im in need of most the other things other than windows (probably use a shader and a texture, but basicly its just transparant with a reflection) the windos them selvs are fully modeld.

the book is well worth the money if you have it, you dont even need photoshop, free program like paint.net will do, though you wont be able to do the tutorials step by step, but you use the same principle in what ever programe you are using.
*GD*