In-Game Music needed

Please post all job ads here ONLY
Agentarrow

In-Game Music needed

Post by Agentarrow » Sat Sep 08, 2007 3:43 am

I need music for my game, I will ask for someone to create the music. With each song, I can pay you with concept art on one 8 1/2 x 11 sheet of paper, or you may volunteer.
music needed:
Title music
Main enemy music (fairly scary to get the player kind of jumpy)
Battle music
boss music
world music
countdown music

I thank all who help me in advance.
Arrow
AgentArrow Home
The greater good is but a point of view...

darksmaster923

Re: In-Game Music needed

Post by darksmaster923 » Sat Sep 08, 2007 4:07 am

Agentarrow wrote:I need music for my game, I will ask for someone to create the music. With each song, I can pay you with concept art on one 8 1/2 x 11 sheet of paper, or you may volunteer.
music needed:
Title music
Main enemy music (fairly scary to get the player kind of jumpy)
Battle music
boss music
world music
countdown music

I thank all who help me in advance.
Arrow
YOU PAY IN CONCEPT ART?!?!?!?!!
and paradox has the most experienced in sound here, seeing as hes a professional sound guy
Herp derp.

Agentarrow

Post by Agentarrow » Sat Sep 08, 2007 4:14 am

i can't tell if you're happy or disappointed, but I'm broke, paper is cheap, and some people do need concept art, It seemed fair to me, you'd be surprised how much concept art you can fit on both sides of a sheet of paper.
AgentArrow Home

darksmaster923

Post by darksmaster923 » Sat Sep 08, 2007 4:16 am

i have some scary music
its a pop song called sos
Herp derp.

Agentarrow

Post by Agentarrow » Sat Sep 08, 2007 4:19 am

did you make it yourself?
AgentArrow Home

darksmaster923

Post by darksmaster923 » Sat Sep 08, 2007 4:25 am

no it was supposed to be a joke cuz sos is a happy pop song that i dont even like
Herp derp.

Agentarrow

Post by Agentarrow » Sat Sep 08, 2007 4:29 am

don't joke I'm serious. If you want scary music, try the space pirate theme from the metroid prime series. That's scary.
AgentArrow Home

darksmaster923

Post by darksmaster923 » Sat Sep 08, 2007 4:38 am

Agentarrow wrote:don't joke I'm serious. If you want scary music, try the space pirate theme from the metroid prime series. That's scary.
really? i didnt think it was that scary..........
Herp derp.

Agentarrow

Post by Agentarrow » Sat Sep 08, 2007 4:43 am

combine it with the enemies and it's scary, or at least to me. That's the kind of music I want.
AgentArrow Home

paradoxnj
RF2 Dev Team

Post by paradoxnj » Sat Sep 08, 2007 5:45 pm

I can pay you with concept art on one 8 1/2 x 11 sheet of paper, or you may volunteer
You're kidding...right? :? Just a tip...when asking for help, it may be good to act serious. If you cannot pay, just say it up front. Don't make a joke about it. You want people to take your cry for help seriously. My recommendation is the new Britney Spears album. I hear it's very scary. :)

I'd be willing to help but only because I love making music. My payment will be simple...I keep the rights to all my songs and you make sure that in the credits of your game you put "Music by Paradoxical Sounds". This means that I can give them to someone else if they ask (or want to pay) for them. We can talk about a contract should you accept my help.

To help you out, I need more information than scary though. Do you have any movies of gameplay or screen shots of menus? How about a plot? Dare I ask for a design document? :) Have a look at this and these.

For what do I need movies or screens for are you asking? Well...How I work is I stare at them all day. I load them on my PSP and look at them on the way to work and on the way home. This helps me think of a good melody that fits the game itself. People may stare at me and whisper to each other, but in the end...I come up with something that fits. :)
If you want scary music, try the space pirate theme from the metroid prime series
That's copyright infringement. You have to pay Nintendo to use that.

paradoxnj
RF2 Dev Team

Post by paradoxnj » Sat Sep 08, 2007 10:08 pm

Here is a sample of my work. It's boss battle music for my Survival Horror game (using the Torque Game Engine). It's of course copyrighted by me, so no using it. It's too short to use anyway and I faded it so it's actually unusable anyways.... ;)

http://www.jet3d.com/~paradoxnj/Heavy_Riff.mp3

Agentarrow

Post by Agentarrow » Sat Sep 08, 2007 10:40 pm

paradoxnj wrote:
That's copyright infringement. You have to pay Nintendo to use that.
I wasn't gonna use it, just an example of the kind of scary music I want.
As for pay, you'd be surprised how many would consider concept art good pay, however I think one 8 1/2x11 is not enough, so I up it to both sides of 2 sheets full of concept art, just tell what you want. As for the fact that they're yours, That's fine. It'll say "all music by paradoxical sounds" in the music section of the credits. Also, When you start up the game, it first plays a slideshow that has the Agentarrow symbol, then The RF symbol, Then it says: Trougedoor games on the next screen and it will say Paradox sounds in the last slide before the menu starts.
As for screens, I have none. I haven't done the menu yet, and I still have to get drawings to scott so he can make the characters as 3d models. My game compiles but doesn't run because of some error with the RF software, so I can't get you any gameplay yet. But here are the basics:
scary, like the space pirate theme. As I said
menu, I personally like A knights Promotion, which is the RF title music, but I want something more like computer and techno than the midevil sound.
However if you want an image of the enemies, I can e-mail you a copy of what I will give scott. We can talk about a contract by whatever means necissary.
And would visiting my three threads about terra trooper be enough?
AgentArrow Home

Destron

Post by Destron » Sat Sep 08, 2007 11:54 pm

Scary music? Ha. I suck at composing.

[Link]

Agentarrow

Post by Agentarrow » Sun Sep 09, 2007 8:17 pm

its not too bad, but the music I need is more futureistic. OH, and about the concept art, people are my weakness. If you don't mind your people being not-so-great anime style, then that's fine, but Those are the only people I can draw. Buildings, robots, vehicles, etc. that's pretty much it. As I said, I'm broke. So concept art is the best I can put up.
AgentArrow Home

darksmaster923

Post by darksmaster923 » Mon Sep 10, 2007 5:00 am

Agentarrow wrote:its not too bad, but the music I need is more futureistic. OH, and about the concept art, people are my weakness. If you don't mind your people being not-so-great anime style, then that's fine, but Those are the only people I can draw. Buildings, robots, vehicles, etc. that's pretty much it. As I said, I'm broke. So concept art is the best I can put up.
not so great anime style?
just say ur not paying(free work)
Herp derp.