Project MW

Please post all job ads here ONLY
oceeman

Project MW

Post by oceeman » Sun Mar 09, 2008 2:24 am

this project is about creating an online rpg game like dm - multiplayer / cs but it would be a rpg genre with skills, spells, weapons, etc.

i look for a serious dev team to join and share their ideas and opinions

enter here if your interested
i have knowledge in c++, vb, mysql, little php

game idea..
online rpg (maybe mmo) - this involves the creation of a gigantic outdoor world with 2 factions to choose from and play (this would be if the dev team will be large enough)

p.s. you can find more on the forums
Last edited by oceeman on Sun Mar 09, 2008 11:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
just.. call me ice :P

Project MW - new MMORPG

darksmaster923

Re: Project MW

Post by darksmaster923 » Sun Mar 09, 2008 6:07 pm

oceeman wrote: 1. arena type rpg (like counter strike)
you mean like quake. counter strike is a tactical game
Herp derp.

oceeman

Post by oceeman » Sun Mar 09, 2008 11:30 pm

the comunity has 4 guys already..

- a guy has very much experience in c++, php and mysql (he will make the main web site + modify the source)
- anathor one has experience with game engines like reality life, he knows c++ and he does some modeling art too and level editing (and help the first one to modify the source)
- the other is working with 2d and 3d art
- and i am working with the scripting part, combining all the elements together, level editing, game idea and some codding part

we would still need some modelers or users who has experience in making textures, 2d art

Project MW - new MMORPG

Jay
RF Dev Team

Post by Jay » Mon Mar 10, 2008 5:48 pm

Not to break your enthusiasm, but i see several problems with rf as a mmo engine:

-problem with huge landscapes, we really need kind of a new file format for terrains, like bitmap encoding for terrain, vegetation (no kidding! I've seen this once it was awesome - you paint the vegetation map and then theres grass on the white spots!!!), water etc. and possibly a rf-terrain generator too.

-terrain collision problems

-currently no working DX9 driver, but that will be solved in a bit of time.

-optimization problems for a huge world...

-no randomly added enemies...

i don't like the 2 fractions idea - it's a bit uncreative... Also with 2 fractions you will have the problem that one side may be percieved as 'evil' and one as 'good' - like WoW for example, if you haven't played Warcraft 3 before, you will think the horde is 'evil' because of the orcs (One thing about Warcraft 3 that was awesome was the way the orcs were treated as not being evil, but as a race that had its good sides also) and the undead, oh well.
I would like it much more if you did something like a 'clan'-system. You can choose your clan in the beginning, but you don't have to battle the other clans... Then the clan members can appoint diplomats and time will tell which relationships will occur between the clans.
And also you can tell epic stories that go far beyond 'we killed boss XY in 5 minutes with fraction A', more like 'The fire clan of the north has declaried war on the earth clan of the east they are marching against the capital in order to kill the king. In the meantime, some friends from the earth, fire and water clan are going onto a trip to defeat a long forgotten evil, Maulron... On the their way the come across Elon, the city of the sun clan, where they meet...' (all hypothetic... I came up with those names just now).
You see, i am all for Roleplaying in MMORPGs, all this item-collecting-boss-fighting stuff is just senseless without proper style in my opinion.
I'd also like it when the heroes/players forget to defend the world from evil, evil creatures are attacking their towns... (lol that might sound a bit hard but if the prophet cannot come to the mountain, the mountain must come to the prophet!!!)

Hm. Who is the main enemy in this rpg? i mean, it could be a dark god, hordes of demons coming out of an old portal that has just been found (and foolish humans did reactivate it of course...)? (I actually like the portal idea best, you can have a cursed land far in the north where the portal stands, and then the other countries more in the south...)

I could help out a bit with music, overall game design, and balancing.
Everyone can see the difficult, but only the wise can see the simple.
-----

oceeman

Post by oceeman » Mon Mar 10, 2008 8:48 pm

ok so.. we have very skilled c++ codders who can modify the source.. it wouldnt be a problem with colloision detection, 2nd, the huge world problem will be solved (i hope) by loading only zone by zone data

i dont mean to make a good faction and a evil one.. i would make like what you said before, like some clans or guilds and you will join after complete a coupple of quest or something like that..

if you wana help us with music, game design and balance then you are welcomed :)

Project MW - new MMORPG

Agentarrow

Post by Agentarrow » Thu Apr 03, 2008 5:45 am

I'd help, I seriously would but I'm overbooked with helping others. I owe scott more art, I owe a tank to someone, etc. but it sounds cool. I'd like to see what RF'll make of you.
AgentArrow Home
The greater good is but a point of view...

paradoxnj
RF2 Dev Team

Post by paradoxnj » Thu Apr 03, 2008 2:40 pm

Genesis was used for Gekkeiju Online when they first started. That is an MMO. The RF game shell is not built that way, but Genesis can be used for anything.
Many Bothans died to bring you this signature....