Film Media Composer looking to work on a game or two

Please post all job ads here ONLY
MichaelRissling

Film Media Composer looking to work on a game or two

Post by MichaelRissling » Thu Mar 27, 2008 6:21 pm

Hi, I am an award winning film/media/stage composer. I studied Orchestral composition at the University of British Columbia, and I have done a plethora of indie films, worked as a music editor on several television series, and of course composed countless pieces for the concert stage for everything from Chamber orchestra to band arrangements. I have a studio, with all the fixings, and a load of experience.
Anyway, I just love games, what can I say. I have done a little work in the past for some online stuff, just for free and for fun, and discovered the world of RF not too long ago. You can hear some minor tracks on myspace at http://www.myspace.com/michaelrissling There are a few like the Bramble wall and Cargail that were done for a video game, and each track took me about an evening to create. These were done digitally, as a free game is not likely to provide me funds to hire musicians at union rates, but I am willing to use live players if the project is exciting enough.
Anyway, I am going to send a few messages to some people who posted interesting game ideas, and see if they are still in progress and want a composer on board. My only request is that you do not ask me to invest a great deal of time creating a soundscape for your game, and then not finish. If you can promise me a finished game, I will be more then happy to provide some original music if my schedule allows it. As you can imagine composing is fun for me, and I am a game addict, so I am more then happy to help out.
I will finish by adding that I love all games, so genera is not an issue, but my absolute favorite games are horror and dark themed RPG/FPS style games. I am still crossing my fingers that someday someone makes a Victorian horror game with a taste of H.P. lovecraft's Cthulhu mythos in it, but so far no one has stepped up on that one, my though I like to play with RF I am in no position to make that happen.
Anyway, let me know if I can help...or just say hi even if you don't need my help, because I want to try your game.

Sph!nx

Re: Film Media Composer looking to work on a game or two

Post by Sph!nx » Thu Mar 27, 2008 6:57 pm

Excellent, welcome onboard! Music composers are a rarity here so you might find a few who could need your help. I might contact you myself in the future.

You do have an impressive background/resume, but you must realize that we are non-commercial indie game development community. Most of us are doing this as a hobby in our free time.

If this doesn't disencourage you I hope to see, I mean hear, some of your work.
Regards Sph!nx

Sven Co-op, DevEd: Development & Editing

MichaelRissling

Post by MichaelRissling » Thu Mar 27, 2008 7:01 pm

Ha ha, yeah, I am just looking for a chance to make some fun games in my spare time. Like many here I am sure, I pretty much do the same thing in my spare time I do when working ha ha, kind of sad really. Anyway, yeah I am not looking for money or anything like that, my only request is that the project be seen all the way though, or at least everyone does their best to see it through, I mean I know that things happen. Anyway, I am just in it for fun, so I hope to hear from some of you.

Juutis

Post by Juutis » Sat Apr 05, 2008 9:28 pm

I'm glad to see someone like you here on the forums. Music is always much needed in games and having guys like you helps guys like me a lot. You see, I know nothing about composing music and finding free music is always hard. So warmly welcome to the forums (yeah, I know I'm a bit late but I haven't been online much lately). I hope you are still here when I get out of army in 3 months because I may need your services. :)

Enjoy your stay.
Pain is only psychological.

MichaelRissling

Post by MichaelRissling » Sun Apr 06, 2008 2:33 am

Thanks for the welcome, I appreciate that. I will definately be around the forum for a long while, and would love to help out. Some great games going on here. In fact, I am just finishing up some tracks for Apocalypse Vision, which I think is going to be a blast to play.

Agentarrow

Post by Agentarrow » Sun Apr 06, 2008 3:21 am

Did my post get deleted? (actually, posts) or am I finally going insane?

Edit:
lol, you posted this topic twice... that makes sense
AgentArrow Home
The greater good is but a point of view...

ArKanuS

Post by ArKanuS » Thu Apr 24, 2008 10:00 am

Juutis wrote: Music is always much needed in games and having guys like you helps guys like me a lot. You see, I know nothing about composing music and finding free music is always hard.
What about me