needed a scripter ;)

Please post all job ads here ONLY
Sorington

needed a scripter ;)

Post by Sorington » Tue Jul 08, 2008 12:34 pm

Hello community
I and a friend are making a game (soon we'll post it in this forum) which will be some kind of medieval game with some futuristic technologies, and the gameplay will be like a kind of MMORPG like world of warcraft or some game like this. the story is pretty good and interesting, and it will be a very long game. now we are working for a demo, but we need help with the scripts, because we are not as experts as others. if someone could help us with the scripts, we would be very pleased :D Thanks if someone joins, I'll explain everything about the game. we only say that we are making this game very personally because we are creating the musics, pre-rendered videos with cinema 4D and the game could arrive to be commercial if it finished well. we await some help :) Thanks!
Greetings, Sorington

Juutis

Re: needed a scripter ;)

Post by Juutis » Tue Jul 08, 2008 1:03 pm

Sorington wrote:Hello community
I and a friend are making a game (soon we'll post it in this forum) which will be some kind of medieval game with some futuristic technologies, and the gameplay will be like a kind of MMORPG like world of warcraft or some game like this
Stopped reading right there. RF still doesn't have a working multiplayer, let alone capabilities to produce a MMORPG. Unless you are making a singleplayer MMORPG, which wouldn't be a MMORPG anymore... you'd be taking the only good thing about MMORPG's away, the other players. Don't wanna discourage you or anything, but that's just how I feel.

Oh and BTW, I hate MMORPGS. In case you haven't already noticed. :)
Pain is only psychological.

Danimita92

Post by Danimita92 » Tue Jul 08, 2008 3:33 pm

He said LIKE an MMORPG as in a massively big rpg but I know their project, and it's not online.

Sorington

Post by Sorington » Wed Jul 09, 2008 12:15 am

Juutis wrote:
Sorington wrote:Hello community
I and a friend are making a game (soon we'll post it in this forum) which will be some kind of medieval game with some futuristic technologies, and the gameplay will be like a kind of MMORPG like world of warcraft or some game like this
Stopped reading right there. RF still doesn't have a working multiplayer, let alone capabilities to produce a MMORPG. Unless you are making a singleplayer MMORPG, which wouldn't be a MMORPG anymore... you'd be taking the only good thing about MMORPG's away, the other players. Don't wanna discourage you or anything, but that's just how I feel.

Oh and BTW, I hate MMORPGS. In case you haven't already noticed. :)
it's single but with mmorpg gameplay, mouse, inventory...
Greetings, Sorington

paradoxnj
RF2 Dev Team

Post by paradoxnj » Wed Jul 09, 2008 2:33 am

Juutis' point is that you cannot have MMORPG gameplay because your gameplay is not "Massively Multiplayer". An MMORPG's only purpose is so that thousands of people can play together and socialize. You are meaning to say "RPG-like" game play or "RPG-like" qualities.
Many Bothans died to bring you this signature....

Sorington

Post by Sorington » Wed Jul 09, 2008 12:13 pm

well, I know that an mmorpg game's gameplay is based in online gameplay... then imagine an mmorpg without online, imagine you make party with other players, but those other players are controlled by the computer... because of that I said an mmorpg-like gameplay, it's singleplayer, but with mmorpg gameplay... and a very interesting and secret story :D anyone gives a hand? :)
Greetings, Sorington

Jay
RF Dev Team

Post by Jay » Wed Jul 09, 2008 12:19 pm

Everyone can see the difficult, but only the wise can see the simple.
-----

paradoxnj
RF2 Dev Team

Post by paradoxnj » Wed Jul 09, 2008 2:36 pm

Sorington wrote:then imagine an mmorpg without online, imagine you make party with other players, but those other players are controlled by the computer...
An MMORPG without online is just an RPG. :roll: The ability to create a party is pretty much standard in all RPGs nowadays.
Many Bothans died to bring you this signature....

Sorington

Post by Sorington » Wed Jul 09, 2008 3:19 pm

it's similar :wink: and I didn't see your topic before, I'm looking it at all, and downloading the demo. but in my game it will be something like this :) but let me see a little your game, and I say the differences :wink:

greetings

PS: my game's name is Myrth: The Shadows World :wink: and soon I'll post it here with the story and its characteristics! :D
Greetings, Sorington

Sorington

Post by Sorington » Mon Jul 14, 2008 11:29 am

ok, I've played a little TToT and I've seen that the gameplay will be similar in Myrth, but it will have some differences:

- you will be able to rotate the camera around the player, and up and down, but the player won't rotate with it.
- you only control the actions of the player you control, but you can change player whenever you want.
- actions will usually be done with keyboard, and with mouse, only fix target, rotate camera, pick objects...
- the inventory will be similar to yours (I say in drag-and-drop options, not the images lol)

I think these are the main differences :wink: someone gives a hand? XD
Greetings, Sorington