Small team of 3 looking for more

Please post all job ads here ONLY
Tikaszar

Small team of 3 looking for more

Post by Tikaszar » Wed Aug 06, 2008 7:52 am

We're a small team of 3 members working on a MMO project in our spare time, currently known as Project Burst.
It'll be a small, 10 zoned, 3D turn-based strategy MMO (same style of play as Final Fantasy Tactics). Currently we
have a C++ programmer, a 3D Graphic Artist, and a Concept artist.
We're looking for anyone who would like to help out (this includes writers, musicians, artists of any sort, programmers
scripters, level designers, etc, etc). Most importantly we need someone familiar with MMO database structure,
such as MySQL or the like.
This is a project being done purely in spare time, but possibly with potential for profit later on down the line.
Feel free to e-mail me at tikaszar@gmail.com with how you can help out (i.e. storyline, databases, etc)
and to sign up on our forum for the project if you're interested
in assisting (http://projectburst.freeforums.org).
The project will be made with Reality Factory, Crystal Space, NeoAxis, or Irrlicht, so familiarity with any of them
would be nice :-) but isn't required. (We're still in the concept phase so work on the engine hasn't
started yet, hence why we haven't picked one yet)
There will be more projects after this one is complete.

Thanks for your time and for reading this post. Look forward to working with you in the future.

Matte

Re: Small team of 3 looking for more

Post by Matte » Sat Aug 09, 2008 6:39 pm

MMO+RF=Not possible (at the moment)
For an MMO I would choose Crystal Space, but beware, MMO's are one of the hardest genres to make!!

silviyius

Post by silviyius » Mon Oct 13, 2008 5:55 am

Were still collecting for members who have some sort of experience with C++ programing so if you think your up for the job your welcome to sign and feel free to give your ideas of where the project could go. Just because the boss has a mind set, doesn't mean your can make some change.

For the record Matte i think he knows that RF doesn't make MMO very well hence "Why he haven't chosen a engine yet" is what he said but thanks for the tip.

Matte

Post by Matte » Wed Oct 22, 2008 6:15 pm

silviyius wrote:Were still collecting for members who have some sort of experience with C++ programing so if you think your up for the job your welcome to sign and feel free to give your ideas of where the project could go. Just because the boss has a mind set, doesn't mean your can make some change.

For the record Matte i think he knows that RF doesn't make MMO very well hence "Why he haven't chosen a engine yet" is what he said but thanks for the tip.
Oops, sorry, didn't know that. Anyway, take a look at Crystal Space for me, will ya? xD

Good luck!