Animator To Join Our Team?

Please post all job ads here ONLY
metal_head

Animator To Join Our Team?

Post by metal_head » Fri Sep 05, 2008 12:26 am

My Little Team "Driving Blind" and I really need an animator,since I found that I CAN animate myself,but I'm not that good yet.There are some alien and robot models that I can't animate well,If you want I'll upload pictures of them so that you can see what do they look like.
Our hasn't got only an animator,we even got a scripter - Juutis,yes he is part of the team (I'm not sure he knows that actually :lol: :lol: ) he wrote some scripts,which changed the game a lot! But now,onto the topic! The animator will get Credits in the game's menu and in the credits at the end (the big credits).He'll also get credit in the game's page in our website also we we'll put a link to his website there if the animator has one.We can't offer money,because all the money I had,I spent on Weapon models and the music(which is not ready yet).But everyone from the team work for free,we work,because it's interesting to us...it's like World of Worcraft - when you start you just can't stop (that's why I have never played the game :D ).
I'll give my skype to the animator so we can stay in touch. :)

Juutis

Re: Animator To Join Our Team?

Post by Juutis » Fri Sep 05, 2008 10:46 am

we even got a scripter - Juutis,yes he is part of the team (I'm not sure he knows that actually)
Well I know now. :lol:
Pain is only psychological.

Kiji8989

Post by Kiji8989 » Fri Sep 05, 2008 10:07 pm

Juutis wrote:
we even got a scripter - Juutis,yes he is part of the team (I'm not sure he knows that actually)
Well I know now. :lol:

XD
(\_/)
(O.o) copy bunny into your signature to
( >< )help him achieve world domination

Matte

Post by Matte » Sat Sep 06, 2008 5:08 pm

I am new to animating, still learning it, but I think I could give it a try!
Depends on the complexness of the model also.

metal_head

Post by metal_head » Sat Sep 06, 2008 7:03 pm

Well,actually I need a man to help me with the animations,I'm also new so we can learn together if you want,you'll get credit in the game,everyone who wants to be an animator from aour team is welcome (the more,the better :D) I'll upload some screenshots of moels and with joints so you can see them.I want just a few basic animations (walking,attacking (the idleI can make it myself) dying etc.)

Matte

Post by Matte » Sat Sep 06, 2008 7:55 pm

metal_head wrote:Well,actually I need a man to help me with the animations,I'm also new so we can learn together if you want,you'll get credit in the game,everyone who wants to be an animator from aour team is welcome (the more,the better :D) I'll upload some screenshots of moels and with joints so you can see them.I want just a few basic animations (walking,attacking (the idleI can make it myself) dying etc.)
For your information: I use Anim8or for animating (and modeling), so I can import files with the following extensions:
.3ds
.lwo
.obj
.an8
I recommend you taking a look at www.anim8or.com, taking the Simple Walk Cycle tutorial, and you will be surprised how easy it is to animate in that program.

metal_head

Post by metal_head » Sat Sep 06, 2008 8:57 pm

but if you animate in anim8tor,how do you export the animations so that they can be converted to mot files?
I animate my models in Milkshape,but I only get to animate the weapons,I tried to animate a spider-robot with 4 legs,but the result wasn't pretty good.

Matte

Post by Matte » Sat Sep 06, 2008 9:01 pm

I'm still trying to figure it out how I export the animations. I'll take a look at it now.
I'm starting to fear that I can't export them... :s but I'm still trying

metal_head

Post by metal_head » Sat Sep 06, 2008 9:12 pm

well,that's why I'm animating in Milkshape,because I know that I can export each animation in a .mot file,but the problem is that whatever I do,the animations are verys slow,even if I scale the animation using the scale animation tool,some animations are still slow

bernie
RF Moderator

Post by bernie » Sat Sep 06, 2008 9:14 pm

You can set the animations speed in fps in preferences in milkshape.

metal_head

Post by metal_head » Sat Sep 06, 2008 9:18 pm

oh,man another thing that I didn't know,thanks I'll try it,but I still need an animator :lol: not only the speed is the problems,but my skills.So everyone is welcome to the team! (We are not only bulgarians in there btw)

EDIT: Ummm,yeah I tried this,but it messed up the whole animation..maybe I'm doing something wron,I just reduced the frames from 40 to 20 and that screw up the animation