Modeler Wanted

Post by GMer » Fri Sep 26, 2008 12:47 am

I need Halo models of the following:
Elite
Spartan
Pillar of Autumn Corridors
Warthog
Grunt
If you can extract them from the game it would be great, (For the life of me I can't get the texture lined up).
These are for a planned internet series using reality factory.
You will get your name in the credits, I'm sorry I can't do any more than that (the budget is $0)
Over 3 years (has it been that long?) and just now I noticed the day and month of my birthday were switched. Whoops!

Some 2d games I made, haven't made anything in a year though O.o
http://www.yoyogames.com/users/GMer56

Trougedoor122

Re: Modeler Wanted

Post by Trougedoor122 » Fri Sep 26, 2008 1:19 am

you cant use those models unless you buy the halo CE (its something like $100) just google it.
Last edited by Trougedoor122 on Fri Sep 26, 2008 10:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.

paradoxnj
RF2 Dev Team

Post by paradoxnj » Fri Sep 26, 2008 3:36 pm

Dude...Troughdoor is correct...that's stealing. :shock:
Many Bothans died to bring you this signature....

GMer

Post by GMer » Fri Sep 26, 2008 4:31 pm

Ever seen Red vs Blue?
And is it my imagination or do people seem to not follow basic rules of grammer when posting? It seems like they are in a rush or something...
Anyway, I am not exactly looking for a rip... someone could make their own too!
Over 3 years (has it been that long?) and just now I noticed the day and month of my birthday were switched. Whoops!

paradoxnj
RF2 Dev Team

Post by paradoxnj » Fri Sep 26, 2008 4:59 pm

If someone makes a clone if it, it's still stealing. The models and the design are copyrighted material. Come up with an original design, then you can comment on someone's grammar. :evil:
Many Bothans died to bring you this signature....

Allanon

Post by Allanon » Fri Sep 26, 2008 9:10 pm

GMer wrote:Ever seen Red vs Blue?
Red vs Blue has permission from Microsoft to use the models, they have even created commissioned videos for Microsoft. You should ask Microsoft for permission before using their models. The way Red vs Blue started was they used actual Halo game footage and put voice overs to it. That is not steeling because they are using Microsoft's game as their scene maker. Later when Red vs Blue became popular Microsoft let them use the models any way they wanted.

Trougedoor122

Post by Trougedoor122 » Fri Sep 26, 2008 10:11 pm

GMer wrote: And is it my imagination or do people seem to not follow basic rules of grammer when posting? It seems like they are in a rush or something...
actually i was in a hurry when i posted that
Allanon wrote:You should ask Microsoft for permission before using their models.
yeah you also have to ask bungie since they make the game

Allanon

Post by Allanon » Fri Sep 26, 2008 10:45 pm

yeah you also have to ask bungie since they make the game
Microsoft owns the rights to the Halo franchise. Microsoft already has a different company making a new Halo game for it's franchise.

Trougedoor122

Post by Trougedoor122 » Fri Sep 26, 2008 10:55 pm

Allanon wrote: Microsoft owns the rights to the Halo franchise. Microsoft already has a different company making a new Halo game for it's franchise.
Really...i always thought that bungie had control of the halo franchise. is that you can only get halo on pc and xbox?

Allanon

Post by Allanon » Fri Sep 26, 2008 11:07 pm

Trougedoor122 wrote:Really...i always thought that bungie had control of the halo franchise. is that you can only get halo on pc and xbox?
Microsoft bought Bungie and had them create the Halo Trilogy. Recently Microsoft allowed Bungie to become their own company again but Microsoft kept the rights to Halo.

Trougedoor122

Post by Trougedoor122 » Fri Sep 26, 2008 11:56 pm

@topic: were going way off topic.

well i have never new that.

GMer

Post by GMer » Sat Sep 27, 2008 1:11 am

Paradoxnj, the series IS going to be a spoof on Halo.
Bungie didn't approve of RVB untill the 1st episode was out for a while (RVB didn't ask permission to create the 1st episode).
One way or another, with Reality Factory or Game Maker, I will make this series :twisted:
Oh, and by the way, you cannot copyright an general idea (like a quad jawed monster with double knees).

Trougedoor122

Post by Trougedoor122 » Sat Sep 27, 2008 2:21 am

they dont need to approve red vs blue its GAMEPLAY WITH VOICE OVERS :evil:

and yes you cant copyright a general idea but your ideaa is copyright infringement. :evil:

GMer

Post by GMer » Sat Sep 27, 2008 4:44 pm

*attack of morals*
OK, sorry if I seem to have a lack of tact (and I have a feeling of being outnumbered)here, I just have a good Idea that may be up there with Red vs Blue... I think I'll go with sprites for the series, It will be too complicated for RF.

Maybe I can contact Bungie (I doubt they will say yes, but one can make a movie and give it to his friends around his house, can't he [rhetorical question]) or something.

Sorry for seeming like an ignorant (insert name here), I just really like my idea, and I really want to get it off the ground.

Matte

Post by Matte » Sat Sep 27, 2008 8:48 pm

GMer wrote:*attack of morals*
OK, sorry if I seem to have a lack of tact (and I have a feeling of being outnumbered)here, I just have a good Idea that may be up there with Red vs Blue... I think I'll go with sprites for the series, It will be too complicated for RF.

Maybe I can contact Bungie (I doubt they will say yes, but one can make a movie and give it to his friends around his house, can't he [rhetorical question]) or something.

Sorry for seeming like an ignorant (insert name here), I just really like my idea, and I really want to get it off the ground.
You should ask Microsoft, since they have the right. If you really want to create a halo spoof, you should just buy it and use it.