Looking for work (Scripting, UI, General Design)

Please post all job ads here ONLY
bernie
RF Moderator

Re: Looking for work (Scripting, UI, General Design)

Post by bernie » Mon Jul 13, 2009 8:59 pm

What you need is the Ogre xml exporter for blender.
Go here for tutorial. http://www.ogre3d.org/wiki/index.php/Tools:_Blender
Go down to the meshes exporter link and you can download the exporter from there.

hgt_terry
RF Dev Team

Post by hgt_terry » Mon Jul 13, 2009 9:12 pm

Thanks Bernie

@realityfactoryusr

shape3D.xml ????

If you can send me a copy of this it might possible to bring it in to Equity directly.

realityfactoryusr

Post by realityfactoryusr » Mon Aug 10, 2009 11:03 pm

Jay- Ive cleaned up the ideas, from 25 levels to 17. All NPC's are finalized. The mutant model is gone, I didnt like it.

Matte- be great if you still wanted to do texture work for us. Levels and/or models. All the models are built and managed in Blender.

Bernie- thanks a million. I was using the XML exporter from Blenders website, not from OGRE's wesbsite. Blender and Equity recently gave birth to an adorable cube :wink: Im ecstatic to say the least. Thankyou again.

hgt_terry- the results I posted were based on the BLENDER export not OGRE's export. Sorry about that. Bernie has a way of making things clear. "And that makes him the guv'nor....." get it?

Peace

Matte

Post by Matte » Sun Aug 16, 2009 9:06 pm

I'm very sorry for the long time no read, but my computer died, exams, vacation trips, etc. I couldn't access internet and I don't have Photoshop anymore. I might try to reinstall it, though. The problem with the file you gave me was that it was .ms3d, and since I don't have milkshape, I couldn't open it and thus couldn't texture it. There should be an easier way to export models to an image that can be textured, but I'm not entirely sure how it works in Blender. I'll take a look at it.

I can also try level design ofcourse, and maybe, to save some time, some easy modeling work (chairs, tables, etc.).

realityfactoryusr

Post by realityfactoryusr » Mon Aug 17, 2009 6:21 pm

Matte- Its ok, Ive been gone for a while too. RIP to your computer sorry to hear that. The model you saw is no longer in use. Blender can export a TGA UVmap, though you would still have to see the model in order to tell which part is the "head, arms, belly" etc. Ill send you the TGA if your up to texturing it. The regions will be colored along with a pic of the model so you can have something to work from. Thanks again!

There are about 7 very large levels with lots to do. An example is chapter 1: Wasted. This chapter covers 3 levels; Influx-Filtration-outflux.

If you come up with anything, post or email it and well go from there.

Jay
RF Dev Team

Post by Jay » Mon Aug 17, 2009 10:42 pm

Ok, about this first chapter, how did you imagine those parts? I mean Influx-filtration-outflux? What kind of technology feeds this waste-deck (I believe it's a waste deck you are talking about?) ? And the player crashes into the waste deck with the ship at the beginning? Is the ship you are on while crashing into the 'big' ship a big ship or a small shuttle? Did you imagine a color-sheme for this three levels? Surely there are also toxic places in this ship-junkjard? (Some junk could be toxic) Are there robots which do the work? Humans? Machines controlled by a computer system? Are there 'Junk-Monsters'?

These are just a few questions, the more information i have, the better. I am really interested in all this background stuff, this way i can really begin to make atmospheric levels. Also, an overview over the new levels would be really nice.

If you don't want to share all this stuff with everyone, you can also send me a PM.
Everyone can see the difficult, but only the wise can see the simple.
-----

Matte

Post by Matte » Tue Aug 18, 2009 11:46 am

realityfactoryusr wrote:Matte- Its ok, Ive been gone for a while too. RIP to your computer sorry to hear that. The model you saw is no longer in use. Blender can export a TGA UVmap, though you would still have to see the model in order to tell which part is the "head, arms, belly" etc. Ill send you the TGA if your up to texturing it. The regions will be colored along with a pic of the model so you can have something to work from. Thanks again!

There are about 7 very large levels with lots to do. An example is chapter 1: Wasted. This chapter covers 3 levels; Influx-Filtration-outflux.

If you come up with anything, post or email it and well go from there.
Sure, you could send it to my non-private e-mail, matjh[DOT]code[AT]gmail[DOT]com

I'll do my best for the texturing.

Could you also include some hints for like: skin color: green/red/yellow
It's an alien/human/monster

That'd be useful.

Thanks, Matte

Jay
RF Dev Team

Post by Jay » Fri Aug 21, 2009 8:25 pm

Oh, and what is the game going to be called? Might be good to know.
-----

realityfactoryusr

Post by realityfactoryusr » Tue Aug 25, 2009 9:50 pm

Jay, the first chapter data is attached in a PDF. As for your other questions:

The players ship is a shuttle, very small but going fast enough to crash through a weak area of the waste deck.

Workers on board are fully human. The only robots are the patrol bots and the experimental Beta Droid. There can be cybernetic drones if you want.

Not too sure what you mean by junk-monsters. Do you mean creatures that hide amongst the waste of the ship? If so, thats what the parasites do. The live off human wastes and litter all 3 the waste deck levels. Plus, the carnivorous flora also grow in the moist recesses of the ship. If RF can, some of the flora will be big enough to swallow entire bodies and when they are shot, they explode and skeletons fall out along with some weapons and ID cards.

The ship is in disrepair so toxic overflow exists in many areas. Part of the damage also comes from unstable gravity zones. Im not sure if it was mentioned before but the gravity system utilizes man-made cyclones that have gotten loose and if physics in RealityFactory allow, can throw objects or even you, around. Other toxic regions include the ships engine thats slowly becoming unstable, using atomic energy. You can see where that would lead to. Since part of the water is cleaned by the engines energy, theres room for ultra-mutations to occur from the atomics. Ion thrusters were being integrated into the engine but were never completed. So whatever threats exist with ions can be added as another 'toxic' threat in the game.

I had an idea that *some* automation could be applied to the human workers aboard the ship. Its govt stuff, so secrecy is priority. Not everyone working aboard the ship wants to be there.... *or is even aware of where they are*.... In short there are drones who respond to a central computer that now sends the workers to attack you. If you can get to this central station midway through the game, you wont have to fight these drones anymore. They will either pass out peacfully, or wander around aimlessly. --Just another idea--

realityfactoryusr

Post by realityfactoryusr » Tue Aug 25, 2009 9:53 pm

@Jay- you can download the PDf from here, for whatever reason it cant be added as an attachment in the forum.
http://www.mediafire.com/?sharekey=bc61 ... f6e8ebb871

Jay
RF Dev Team

Post by Jay » Wed Aug 26, 2009 1:18 pm

Great, also really good ideas there! I am starting asap. Now that is going to be a big map!
-----

Matte

Post by Matte » Thu Aug 27, 2009 12:16 pm

Could you please email me the model? or just post it here?

AkillezMight

Post by AkillezMight » Mon Aug 31, 2009 10:00 pm

Ello Jay its 2009 just cruzin this post wondering if you were still availiable to work on an ongoing project. If not maybe you could just be availiable for sum advise. That is if anyonw is still alive in here!
Have you ever scripted an enemy pawn that totally owned, that you had to go back into the weapon ini. and create a bigger gun. Just so the fight will be fair? ' ;0

zany_001

Post by zany_001 » Mon Aug 31, 2009 10:24 pm

Yeah I'm alive. Everyone else, well, they're zombies, so it's debatable as to their aliveness. XD
Once I was sad, and I stopped being sad and was awesome instead.
True story.

realityfactoryusr

Post by realityfactoryusr » Thu Sep 17, 2009 5:33 pm

Were all still alive and the production continues on. Weve finally got a model and its being textured and animated simultaneously. Both tasks are tough to tackle so stay tuned.

JAY- for now the best title I can conceive that related to the game itself is: DERELICT
Judging from the story and ideas, let me know if you have any title preferences. Lets toss around those ideas! And if its not too much trouble can I get your email address, there are a few changes to the overall game that you need to see.

Cheers