Post by Nighthawk_0973 » Wed Apr 20, 2011 7:53 pm

Heres what I can offer:
Images,
links,
colored text,
positioned text,
position and colored text,
and a google search box.

I know JS but it doesn't run on my browser anymore and I didn't really get a good grasp on it so...

Anyways I would love to help (for free) and I can add a piece to the puzzle or do the whole thing for you, post your requests and I'll try my best.
https://sites.google.com/site/theneverendinguniverse/ <-- Infinite Universe Website. It's a 2D MMORPG I'm releasing into beta near the late summer (I hope :D) note: RF isn't an MMO maker. Not yet anyways.

Veleran

Re: Anyone need a web site (HTML) designer?

Post by Veleran » Wed May 04, 2011 7:15 pm

If you ll be still around in the future when i have filled Dark crypt with some patrolling monsters and stuff,you can then help me bring a web page for that free game for describing what the game is about.
Patience,Willow..(i hope you have seen willow the movie).
I use rf since december of 2001,i wont go anywhere.

Nighthawk_0973

Post by Nighthawk_0973 » Wed May 04, 2011 9:57 pm

willow will be patient (I own the movie!)
I use rf since december of 2001,i wont go anywhere.
OMG that is a looooong time. Anybody willing to stick with RF for that long I will stick with. Just tell me what you need, and what you want, I'll be happy to help. Gonna go learn images and possibly videos so I can give you more features.
https://sites.google.com/site/theneverendinguniverse/ <-- Infinite Universe Website. It's a 2D MMORPG I'm releasing into beta near the late summer (I hope :D) note: RF isn't an MMO maker. Not yet anyways.

Nighthawk_0973

Post by Nighthawk_0973 » Wed May 04, 2011 11:59 pm

you can still take your time (a.k.a, I'm not trying to rush your or anything) but just so you know I will be regularly post updates on new things that I learn in html. As for now heres what I've learned:

A bit of CSS, which means I can define more colors.
I would do javascript with you but.... javascript doesn't really work in my browser.......
other than that I can also do:

hightlighted headers.
I can't do downloads... yet. But if you upload it to somewhere like Cnet, than I can use it (links). I'm still working on it but as far as I could tell things where getting a bit too "gonna invade your computer". Because I made it so that people can see the contents of your file/folder, but they could use the window presented to see your whole computers files, if they knew the exact locations.

Veleran

Post by Veleran » Tue May 10, 2011 2:09 pm

Dont want to keep you waiting for months-just the animations the player needs will take a month.
i could finish these anims in a week but it would be unnecessary stressing without any benefit.

For the moment i need to make some basics like the player,few spiders, skeletons and goblins to set up a small dungeon with traps and simple pressure plates and switches puzzles-
or use of a specific attribute pickup inside the invis. model of a trigger-like using holy water near a coffin that keeps spawning a vampire.

If you use other engines you can occasionally check the rf forum and help others in rf various easy things-like small jobs or give tips .So if i ever finish any sample you ll notice,

Nighthawk_0973

Post by Nighthawk_0973 » Thu May 12, 2011 4:35 am

hey, fine by me! I'm just learning even MORE html as time progresses! I've learned background color, text alignment, links but with custom text, and a few other things. I'm perfectly happy to help probably one of the only remaining people on the RF forums. They really are dying... we should try and get RF more popular. The problem is RF isn't good enough to gain that kind of popularity. Maybe RF2 is going to be pretty good for RF developers, hopefully it'll bring this place back from the dead.

Also, I can make you forums, and embed them into your website. Tell me when you want stuff and I'll do my best. For now, edit my MMO, I will. mmhmm.

ericssin

Post by ericssin » Tue May 17, 2011 1:08 am

I still remember when I used to play around with HTML, ah the old good html days, I used to take a piece of paper draw the outline of a webpage and then write the code for that web page, it was like a hobby. When you're done with html you should try php, you can many things with it plus you have thoustands of free premade nice scripts, so you code less :D

Nighthawk_0973

Post by Nighthawk_0973 » Tue May 17, 2011 7:25 pm

meh. I never host my own sites, I'm a free service type of guy. You know, google sites, blogger, I can make forums with them anyways.