Looking for a co-programmer for a sneaking game...

Please post all job ads here ONLY
CRxTRDude

Looking for a co-programmer for a sneaking game...

Post by CRxTRDude » Mon May 16, 2011 3:23 pm

Hello. I'm now looking for someone to help me in making my first game implementation of my comic book. Titled "Nikki's Escape" this sneak game is similar to metal gear and splinter cell with some minor differences.
  • The character's female... And she needs to escape by her self.
  • More dynamics such as manipulating of switches...
  • Less gun usage (but the gun is still needed)
  • Video cutscenes are comic like (Created by yours truly and my friend who also helped me on the story)
Now what you would do...
  • Help on the coding of the guards.
  • Suggestions on some game design...
Well, that's about it! Hope that somebody would help me ;-)

My experience: I've been drawing and writing my comic book for all my life. On my spare time, I tinker with the computer. While the other kids like playing Counter-Strike, I have experimented making C-S maps on Hammer. I also experiment with programming, from ActionScript to Ren'Py. But none of those seeked my purpose, until RF came along. I might be very good on basic stuff but AI's and complicated math is still a problem for me. But I learn fast. I always apply and research about these.

BTW: I'll give you full credit on where due. Thanks.
~~THIS IS TEH CRxTRDUDE~~
Cañalita Comics junkie...

Nighthawk_0973

Re: Looking for a co-programmer for a sneaking game...

Post by Nighthawk_0973 » Mon May 16, 2011 6:41 pm

sorry man, I suck at programming C++. Just learning it now. And i doubt paradox and them will help, their kinda already making an entire game engine so...

However if you ask me somethi9ng specific I might be able to work it with non-programming stuff. I know how to insert your cutscenes, are they .avi files? They need to be.

Once they are just do this:

opening level cutscene: in player start/setup, one of those, there is a cutscene, just put your cutscene in the video folder where there is RFSplash.avi, and than set the cutscene to: yourcutscene.avi.

Do the same thing exept with a szcutscene value on the change level entity.

ask me if your confused :D
https://sites.google.com/site/theneverendinguniverse/ <-- Infinite Universe Website. It's a 2D MMORPG I'm releasing into beta near the late summer (I hope :D) note: RF isn't an MMO maker. Not yet anyways.

CRxTRDude

Post by CRxTRDude » Tue May 17, 2011 3:03 am

Well, You don't need C++ in programming it. I just wanted a person whose good at making scripts.

Besides it's not that a complicated script, the AI. Not really blown up like Splinter Cell. Just the simple roaming AI. The problem is the transition of walking in the ScriptPoint, to running at player which I explained here:

viewtopic.php?p=38081#p38081

But then otherwise, thanks.
~~THIS IS TEH CRxTRDUDE~~
Cañalita Comics junkie...

megatop

Post by megatop » Tue Jun 07, 2011 9:35 pm

well im pretty new to reality factory and realy my only script is a pawn script and it works it depends what do you need coded

megatop

Post by megatop » Tue Jun 07, 2011 9:39 pm

also i can delete wepon in script so your player doesnt have a wepon and i can set up a pawn and a few actors