Medival Times

Game Design, Story, Game Play.
GameMaker55

Medival Times

Post by GameMaker55 »

(c)GameMaker55
Medival Times
Story
You wake up stranded on a battlefield. The war is over and all your freinds have died. You are know on your own the army you were in has fallen and The Spanish are looking for you.
You get up. You turn around and your horse has fallen. Then you walk away.
You go to the Kingdom of the English there you see the king.
You tell him,"Your majesty, I have no transport or money to get back home (you live in France), can I join the army. I will server you and protect you and the Kingdom of the English."
The King replies,"You must go through trainning. Lets see what you got"
You go to the Army trainning area. There you fight dummies and train your skills.
After you are done you do missions for the King.

--------------------------------------------------------
Story not good. I need help. But if you would like to help me with this game PM me or check out the post Medival Times Dev Team under Jobs.
------------------------------
New game Medival Times
Need dev team.
PM Me.
Jay
RF Dev Team

Re: Medival Times

Post by Jay »

I think the things that are important are the missions for the king...maybe i've got an idea for you: what if the things with the battlefield and trainings arena and the background with the kingdoms are just the pre-history for a much greater quest?

On the first mission for the king, you have to sail out to the sea, transporting some cargo. But then a strong wind blows you out to the sea, your captain dies of old age and you are landing on a strage island where you find some old ruins.
You can either decide:

1. Try to sail back and tell the king
2. Enter the ruins

The things that follow are:
1. You have to sail the ship(the captain is dead, you know...) back to London and tell the king about the island. In hope of finding gold, he decides to send an expedition, making you the leader. This gives you more men that are on your side(poeple that can teach you, poeple that can sell you something and other poeple that can fight along with you). But when you arrive the ruins you see a expedition of Spanish are there too and claim that the ruins are theirs. They set your ship on fire. Now you can either fight against them (because they have a ship and you want the ruins) or coorperate with them (if you try to flee they attack you). Either way you will enter the ruins and after entering, all (English and Spanish) are thrown into another (of course magical, mystical and fantasticl) world. Now English and Spanish, the greatest foes, have to cooperate together to get back into their own world.
2. You enter the ruins and are directly thrown into the other world. The Spanish arrive after you built a camp and made a first explore (They will arrive when you get back to the camp again)

The advandage of the first one is that you have more men, more items and that you can choose your crew from good soldiers, explorers and traders.

The first area you're in will be an ice-dessert. This is the starting point and will show the biggness of the new world. And then there will be kingdoms, forests, grasslands, a lake that is called "Star Lake" and is really a hole in the world(so you see the stars underneath), rivers, a river that will be red and called the "Blood of the mountain", maybe huge towers, a temple of Light that has its own sun, to call a few of my ideas (i can go on forever...)

ahh, i forgot: You are stuck in this world, mybe you get out someday, but i don't know...
What if you meet your missed father that really was from this world? (Your mother was so depressed that he was missed, she died of an broken heart...)

Umm, a bit much, but couldn't stop myself...
Everyone can see the difficult, but only the wise can see the simple.
-----
GameMaker55

Okay I like it.

Post by GameMaker55 »

Cool new story. I like it. Would you like to help me with it?
------------------------------
New game Medival Times
Need dev team.
PM Me.
Jay
RF Dev Team

Post by Jay »

Yes. Check your PM.
-----
jonas

Re: Medival Times

Post by jonas »

I don't mean to pick and I hope you don't take it as picking...
Jay wrote:background with the kingdoms are just the pre-history for a much greater quest?
But what in the world is pre-history??????? :?:
Jonas

Focused, hard work is the real key to success. Keep your eyes on the goal, and just keep taking the next step towards completing it. If you aren't sure which way to do something, do it both ways and see which works better. - John Carmack
SithMaster

Post by SithMaster »

I think maybe use some real history so it seems more real. Also with the ship idea maybe have the ship come under attack and you cant imagine why until you discover gold was being secretly transported. So maybe if you can successfully defend the ship then some can go to you or if an rpg you can take some and later when its counted claim some was taken by the enemy. But i think research in that time era would be benifical so much of the concepting will be done-pictures of what enemies look like and such.
The brightest light casts the darkest shadow.
Burn the heretic. Kill the mutant. Purge the unclean.
Jay
RF Dev Team

Post by Jay »

"pre-history": i meant pre-story(story before the story). Sorry, but i am not a native speaker...

Yes i thought about it, too. I think you will be teleported into the "other world" but this will be a paralell-world of our world(i mean it's not really a change because everything but the landscape is the same; i. e. the landscape is freely thought out, but the historical background will also effect the game)

You will have to sail ships many times before the game will be over. And then sometimes maybe you will be attacked by pirates. Of cource you can buy cannons, but you also need poeple to man them.

the idea with the gold on the ship is cool.
-----
jonas

Post by jonas »

That's O.K. I knew what you ment! Your not a native speaker? Your english is pretty good!
Jonas

Focused, hard work is the real key to success. Keep your eyes on the goal, and just keep taking the next step towards completing it. If you aren't sure which way to do something, do it both ways and see which works better. - John Carmack
revolutiongames2004

Post by revolutiongames2004 »

guys got the ship done