Take and hold
33%
Other(post it!)
11%

Total votes: 9

Destron

Post by Destron »

Destron wrote:Hey DarksMaster -

Can I have a copy of one of your hudgun models with a uv-map? I wanna see what I can do with it...
which 1?
How about the UMP?
I don't really care, whatever's best for you.
darksmaster923

Post by darksmaster923 »

zany_001 wrote:for the bit about the arms and guns flying forward when you fire, it didnt happen on the training level, and there was a crosshair on the training level,and it happens for all the machine guns, and sort of for the pistols.

also i went through your script folder to turn off the console, but it didnt seem to do anything.there isnt a console on training level either, and the othere lvlvs except for the training one goes quite slowly.
you mean the lvls lag? well they are more intense on the graphics card but i get like 100+fps

ill go send you an uzi destron. ill post it up on my forum when i have the chance. banana?
Herp derp.
zany_001

Post by zany_001 »

well i can play games like UT2003 at really fast speeds, but your game started alright and slowed down.i think it might be something to do with the console.the training level seemed the best because there was a cross hair, and the guns diidnt fly fowrward like on thje other levels.this is in 1024x768 res.
Once I was sad, and I stopped being sad and was awesome instead.
True story.
darksmaster923

Post by darksmaster923 »

zany_001 wrote:well i can play games like UT2003 at really fast speeds, but your game started alright and slowed down.i think it might be something to do with the console.the training level seemed the best because there was a cross hair, and the guns diidnt fly fowrward like on thje other levels.this is in 1024x768 res.
weird. i havent had those problems so itll be hard to fix.
Herp derp.
darksmaster923

Post by darksmaster923 »

guys..........
you forgot to tell me that the license agreement was sound effects...................

and i downloaded the installer and installed it to see if the installer messed things up. in my version(not installer) the arms dont fly forward and theres a crosshair, but not in the uploaded installer version.
im having a word with gerhart :P
Herp derp.
darksmaster923

Post by darksmaster923 »

*insert Scream here*
O.M.G
My bots are so stupid its driving me nuts.
Theyre just running into walls and in circles!
this is really pissing me off, help me before i destroy this project
Herp derp.
Scorch

Post by Scorch »

HEy dark... the guys arms on the fp are really skinny... did you mean to have it like that or was it a mistake?
Just another day in the world of random!
Scorch

your demo...

Post by Scorch »

Hey dark i dowloaded your demo......................................................................................................and it lagged waaayyyy too much.... i couldent do the training part...
Just another day in the world of random!
darksmaster923

Post by darksmaster923 »

the arms seem kinda fat to me.........
and it was laggy? what computer u use cuz it runs over 100 fps on my computer
Herp derp.
zany_001

Post by zany_001 »

my comp is 3 ghz, wid a 128 mbyte graphics card, and 512 megs o ram, and it lagged for me too, but that might have been the console being on.
Once I was sad, and I stopped being sad and was awesome instead.
True story.
scott

Post by scott »

well it worked for me, it seemed to use 350mb ram, my system is currently running at 375mb and it went up to just over 700mb ram usage, 1 1.6 cpu, it registered as half cpu usage (daul 1,6ghz cpu) not lag for me, how ever i never got very far indeed.

well as a profecional games tester, my job is to look out for bugs,so means i see alot more than most people so dont be offended by them all, just thought to give them you so you knowthese are a few i have seen after a few min

first one, in the first room, the door opens the wrong way or the texture is maped in reverse, it opens at the hinges and swings at the handle
(this one not a bug but could look better) the tiles on the side of the wall where the door opens, you can see its tiles twice next to each other, could be a bit neater.
walking into the first room on your right, an enemy soldier, no weapon, just repeating an animation and cant kill it.
after climbing the laders to the top level, jumped onto the wooden beem, died, respwaend at the beggining, went back to the laders, killed the enemy soldier, noticed bullet holes apearing and dissapearing on the far left wall with no enemys in view, went to the laders to climb up, the climbing buttons were now inverted, i had to press 's' to climb up, wich was difficult when you reached the top as it ment you fell back off if you wasnt careful, climed up to the second floor again, tried to kill the enemy on the ground floor again, i died, respawned, was low on ammo, went back to the menu started single player up and the game creashed and couldnt restart the demo, the restarting the demo will probably sort it self out once i restart my pc.

the level design wasnt too bad, good use of lighting, nice animations, will give more feed back when i get through the game more.
*GD*
darksmaster923

Post by darksmaster923 »

im taking a loonnggg break from my game?
why u ask?
because i dont feel up to creating a dozen levels right nao,
Herp derp.
darksmaster923

stuck

Post by darksmaster923 »

im stuck in a big fat pothole...........
My game started being weird, but it is unstable....................
randomly, the enemies wont hurt me but theyll hurt me allies...
Herp derp.
steven8

Post by steven8 »

Looks really good, darkmaster. For the beach texture, I'd throw in maybe patches of scrub grass and maybe some rocky areas, just to break it up.
Steve Dilworth - Resisting change since 1965!
darksmaster923

Post by darksmaster923 »

havent posted here in a while!
anyway, i havent made too much progress. i am currently finishing up 1 more map (trench war)
Herp derp.