My first level

Game Design, Story, Game Play.
bernie
RF Moderator

My first level

Post by bernie » Sat Jul 08, 2006 5:23 pm

The level is far from complete but here is a screenshot of the altar and stained glass window in the chapel of my castle.
One of the Main Hall.
And one of the kitchen.
Attachments
chapel.jpg
In the chapel
(76.74 KiB) Downloaded 389 times
main hall.jpg
The main Hall
(79.95 KiB) Downloaded 399 times
kitchen_2.jpg
The Kitchen
(59.08 KiB) Downloaded 405 times

LtForce

Post by LtForce » Sat Jul 08, 2006 7:14 pm

Very nice!!! I really like that chapel, and a friendly suggestion: change texture of main hall's ceiling, because it looks more of a floor
Lithuanians for Georgia!

steven8

Post by steven8 » Mon Jul 10, 2006 1:47 pm

bernie, that looks awesome!! I see you have customized the HUD!! One of my sticklers in the beginning was how to customize the HUD. Actually, to be honest, I knew so little then I had to research quite a bit to find out what HUD meant. :roll: I did not know. I was going nuts!! :D Finally, Jean Louis told me over at his website.

What do your numbers top and bottom indicate?

I love what I see here. Did you create the character in the hall yourself? It looks great.

I agree that you might want to change the texture on the ceiling of the main hall. Perhaps a light stipled texture? Or just a stone texture that might match the floor above?
Steve Dilworth - Resisting change since 1965!

bernie
RF Moderator

Post by bernie » Tue Jul 11, 2006 9:28 am

The HUD is experimental ... a long way to go yet. The figures are top left Oxygen ( not yet used) bottom left Stamina. The bar on the right is health. The HUD does seem complicated to work out but it's low on the list of priorities. Textures is another problem for me too but I'm working on it. I also need to sort out how to texture terrain and get it into RF.
Good point about the ceiling in the main hall I'll have to work on it.
The soldier in chainmail is a modified Virgil character ( still working on it ).
Here's a shot of one of my spiral staircases (all my own work). There are four of them in the level.
Attachments
staircase.jpg
Inside a spiral staircase
(48.82 KiB) Downloaded 328 times

steven8

Post by steven8 » Tue Jul 11, 2006 9:40 am

I love spiral staircases. That looks great!! Did you do that in RFEdit? Remember, you can change the angles of your textures in the (oh man, I can't think of the name.) mode - brush mode? - daggnabbit. Anyway, you select a brush, press PageDown, and the brush turns purple, then use the left and right arrow keys to cycle through the surfaces on your brush until just the one you want is purple, then you can tweak the x and y angles of your texture to make it follow the angles of your staircase.

That's Virgil? He looks great. Classic fantasy character!!

steven8

Post by steven8 » Wed Aug 02, 2006 5:45 am

Hey, bernie, how is your level coming along?

bernie
RF Moderator

Post by bernie » Wed Aug 02, 2006 9:13 am

Things are stuck a bit at the moment. I had a virus and it took 3 days to clear up. The latest mutation of the VUNDO virus is a B****** to get rid of. Im clear now but I was reluctent to even start the computer that has RF on it. I have 2 computer networked. This one has win2k pro on it and it's the main one and I use only this one on the Net. The other one is New and runs XP pro SP2 and doesn't have and NEVER will have Internet access. The trouble is they share keyboard and Monitor. So until I am 1000 percent sure I'm clean it doesn't get switched on.
The next step on the game is to mess with hint brushes and try to get the frame rate up a bit. It runs on average at about 35 fps at the moment and in some places its down to about 20 fps. After that I want to try and put in a terrain and a few different enemies (at the moment I've only got the one model running as half a dozen or so enemies using different scripts).
I also am a bit short of time this year as we haven't had as much rain as usual lol so iv'e been chatching up on the jobs in my garden laying a patio and such.

steven8

Post by steven8 » Wed Aug 02, 2006 9:30 am

Mine, I hate viruses. The sad part is, the people who make these things are more than likley very smart. They just don't know what the right thing to do with their brains is. :?

That danged rain is just plain undependable. This year, we have had about 5X more than normal. I keep waiting for my grass to die so I won't have to mow anymore, but this rain just keeps it growing like crazy!! :roll: Dagnabbit!

chec13

Post by chec13 » Sun Jan 21, 2007 6:21 am

not very good graphics but it looks like a game with an interesting story
obi 1 has talk u well but i still can figure this out

Juutis

Post by Juutis » Sun Jan 21, 2007 9:50 am

Uhm.. You know, these threads are old. This one has the last post in August last year, the other is almost two years old. I don't think it's necessary to bring these threads up again if you have nothing to say. :roll:
Pain is only psychological.

psYco

Post by psYco » Sun Jan 21, 2007 1:19 pm

awww! I was just looking at this and thining how cool it looked! That sucks, I wonder if this game ever got finished, i really really liked the chapel! :)