Quick new name poll!

Poll ended at Thu Apr 05, 2007 8:21 pm

"The Red Button Story: Hold My Hand I'm Dying"
60%
"The Red Button Story: Love Me Enough To Hold My Hand While You Take My life"
No votes
"The Red Button Story: Burning Is A Fuse To Destruction"
20%
If you want you can give options on how to make the one you choose from above, better
20%

Total votes: 5

AndyCR

Post by AndyCR »

Yeah, excellent picture!
allen5924

woah!!

Post by allen5924 »

@ Jason:
that pic is aWesom.. i thawt u did it :shock: lol...
cool!! i c u figured that using auto levels in Photoshop makes pictures taken by a camera look betta coz it speads out the colours (mathematically) and spreads out the balance between black and white... if photoshop showed a histogram before and after u "auto level" a pic.. u'll c that the graph will be more spread out!!!..

ok soz bout the OFF topic.. lol.. i always like explaining stuff har har.. lol.. but i dont think u actually understood anything i said.. hahahahha.. oh well...
jonas

Post by jonas »

lol it might help if you didn't have so much ... :wink:
Jonas

Focused, hard work is the real key to success. Keep your eyes on the goal, and just keep taking the next step towards completing it. If you aren't sure which way to do something, do it both ways and see which works better. - John Carmack
psYco

Post by psYco »

Ok well here is the ''theme'' song or atleast the song that will play in the menu! (its not 100% done but im not sure theres much more i can do with it)

here is the link, tell me what you think (any suggestions are wealcome)

http://files.filefront.com/RBS_3mp3/;60 ... einfo.html
jonas

Post by jonas »

Very interesting sounding.
Jonas

Focused, hard work is the real key to success. Keep your eyes on the goal, and just keep taking the next step towards completing it. If you aren't sure which way to do something, do it both ways and see which works better. - John Carmack
paradoxnj
RF2 Dev Team

Post by paradoxnj »

Nice song. Did you record this yourself? Some constructive criticism:

The vocals should be a little lower in volume and should have some reverb or delay on them to provide depth and some more "spookiness".
psYco

Post by psYco »

I have a new version already, its at hosted.filefront.com/hellblazerjj and is called "RBS 4" But please tell me more about this reverb and delay, im COMPLETELY new to sound! (I use audacity)
psYco

Post by psYco »

Ok well Im thinking about a new style... Now this model wont even be in hte game (except for the gun) But its the only completed model I have and so Im using it to test the new effect! Its like a bit of a cell shading meets art type thing, basically im using high rez photorealistic textures with this effect added on. I call it "Dark Strokes" Please tell me if you like it, since im not sure if I wann do it yet since it looks a lil weird but please try and imagine the ENTIRE game world looking like this, since I (if I decied to do it) will apply the "Dark Stroke Tequnique" to all my textures.

Juutis

Post by Juutis »

The texture looks, well... different. :)
I like the look of it on that model. But will it work on the entire world? That's totally another question.

I think it COULD be awesome, a very unique looking game. On the other hand, it could become just a weird and blurry mix of colors, where you can't tell where the floor ends and wall starts. It's hard to say... maybe you could build a little room with these textures and post us a screenshot. Then we could see how it looks like when it's applied to everything.
Pain is only psychological.
steven8

Post by steven8 »

I love it. Most of you guys may too young, but it seems to remind me of the popular Sandman comics DC put out way back when. in the 80's I think.
Steve Dilworth - Resisting change since 1965!
psYco

Post by psYco »

YAY my game is gonna look like an 80's comic!!! :D (when I read that back to myself it sounds a bit like sarcasm but its not!)

Oh and yeah good Idea, Juutis! thanks Ill try do a room by tomoz!
steven8

Post by steven8 »

Oh, I do sarcasm. . .but that wasn't an example. The Sandman books had a very unique look to them. . .and they were MASSIVELY popular!!
Steve Dilworth - Resisting change since 1965!
paradoxnj
RF2 Dev Team

Post by paradoxnj »

About the reverb/delay. Delay causes an echo and reverb simulates a type of environment (e.g a hall or a room) giving the sound some depth. I'm not sure how to do it in Audacity, but in Cubase (that's what I use ;) ), you just load up a reverb or delay plugin, attach it to a track and mess with the settings until it sounds correct. Try a hall reverb first. If you add delay, just mess with the attack and decay settings until you get it to repeat and gradually decrease in volume.
psYco

Post by psYco »

Well im on holiday so I have no work to do and Im going to a gig for the whole day tomoz so I just set out and worked my ass off and I did the level! I would post the level but it uses its own TXL file and some sound that you have to have for it to work so im just gonna post sum screens! =)

Juutis

Post by Juutis »

Well, the textures don't look too messy or blurry to me. So I guess the style is gonna work really well, and I think you should go for it. :D

I'm on holiday too, btw.. 8)
Pain is only psychological.