Quick new name poll!

Poll ended at Thu Apr 05, 2007 8:21 pm

"The Red Button Story: Hold My Hand I'm Dying"
60%
"The Red Button Story: Love Me Enough To Hold My Hand While You Take My life"
No votes
"The Red Button Story: Burning Is A Fuse To Destruction"
20%
If you want you can give options on how to make the one you choose from above, better
20%

Total votes: 5

Microman171

Post by Microman171 » Sat Jan 06, 2007 9:30 pm

WOW dude you are amazing!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Im making a game based on our school. But we are getting permission from our principle so we can do on our school exactly. But if he says no then we will change the name of things and the people.. We have written a contract so we can put them in our game haha. I should make a website too. Im woking on our weapons at the moment. But I have started our logo thing aswell.
(\/)
(Oo)
(><)

Help this bunny in his world domination by putting him in your sig.

psYco

Post by psYco » Sun Jan 07, 2007 2:07 pm

thanks micro man! we were going to do the same thing but when we showed our headmaster the demo video he got confused and sed no! so we decided to forget him, change the name of the game and just make the school and seceretly get photos of all the teachers and the headmaster, and tell them to go ahead and sue us... our frends were happy to be in the game so they let us use them (we got into the school servers and took all of the school photos so we had every one :) )

@darkmaster: go back and read the whole thread before posting slanderous bull**** on sumones make shift devblog, okay? cause if you HAD red the whole thing like a congruous person would, you would notice that i had sed that i was planning to use the same animated style as the flash cartoon, and forgetting that i have again since then (many times) stated that that idea has been ditched and i now am using my very own graphic style. :evil:

@micro man: oh and good luck with your school game! :D

Microman171

Post by Microman171 » Sun Jan 07, 2007 6:57 pm

Just now Im working on our menu. I think I'll start again because I need a style. When is is all finished I am going to make a screenshot in-game and put that as a picture on the main menu along with the logo (I Finished yesterday).
(\/)
(Oo)
(><)

Help this bunny in his world domination by putting him in your sig.

psYco

Post by psYco » Wed Jan 31, 2007 5:20 pm

Well, I have just now completed the face of the Whitch doctor character the Sangoma, it is the first ever face model ive ever made but I like it :) I havent made the eyes yet, I plan to make them seperately as spheres so they can roll and look around.

Also im about 80% finished with my Desighn Doc, which contains ALL details about game play cutscenes and story, I should be releasing that here as a PDF in a few weeks, its already about 40 pages! Anyway thats been good to kinda get my head around exactly what needs doing and when so ill be able to make some more progress :D

psYco

Post by psYco » Mon Feb 26, 2007 8:24 pm

Okay, well, its been a while (and I just found that the thread was moved to Game Desighn, so thanks to the moderator who took the time to move it.

Well here is 'kinda' the first screenshot, although, I plan to change the textures a bit, this is just a idea of the games style, and im posting it mainly so one day when the game is done I can look back and see this. I threw this level together to test the scripted player I'm using (thank you Juutis) and thats working now, so i hope to start making some real progress soon.

Also im 100% finished the Desighn Document now, (its 50 pages!) I was thinking about posting it here, but It gives away the whole story + ending, so until I take the time to make a censored version, that will stay within the dev team. :wink:

paradoxnj
RF2 Dev Team

Post by paradoxnj » Mon Feb 26, 2007 11:51 pm

Also im 100% finished the Desighn Document now, (its 50 pages!)
And you're below 18...impressive. :) Usually, people your age are just designing as they go. Keep up the good work. You got me hooked. I can't wait to see some more progress screens.

Juutis

Post by Juutis » Tue Feb 27, 2007 11:42 am

And you're below 18...impressive. Usually, people your age are just designing as they go.
Indeed, I've done exactly like that until now. :)
I always thought that 'it's all here in my head, I don't need to write it down'. I even had a storyline figured out in my head, but mind tends to change and mix things. So the story was different every day. 8)

But now I have realized that it is best for everyone to have some documents.

Looking good, BTW. I like the style. :)
Pain is only psychological.

psYco

Post by psYco » Tue Feb 27, 2007 1:04 pm

Thanks Paradox,

@Juutis; yeah I did the same thing with School of the Dead, and it ended up not having a storyline LOL, well when we did the convorsations (where the story really is) we just did it in one day and made it up as we went. But also its really nice to come up with stuff as you go, but you should have a basic outline, just so you have some focus. also thanks.

allen5924

WOW!

Post by allen5924 » Wed Feb 28, 2007 9:11 pm

omg! i love the Scrnshot! wow! i havent been on RF forums in like 4EVERRRR

haha!

dude! i think your idea of All the Textures being DRAWN... is... AMAZING!

well done dude!

oh and my dad took the net away in the morning when he went to work.. i 4got to tell him that you were sending me that file (remember)

oh well.. ill be on, on saturday.... going to Lukas's on Friday....

anyways
cheers bro

zany_001

Post by zany_001 » Fri Mar 09, 2007 10:28 pm

D you still need a baobab tree(like on page two)?and if so, how many polys?
Once I was sad, and I stopped being sad and was awesome instead.
True story.

psYco

Post by psYco » Fri Mar 09, 2007 11:52 pm

No, its cool, thanks for the offer...

Scott kindly made if for us, which really love, also were going to use it in like 5 of the cutscenes, so thanks scott!!! :D Anyway i dont think ive put a pic of it up here now so here one is

zany_001

Post by zany_001 » Fri Mar 09, 2007 11:53 pm

how many polys is it?
True story.

psYco

Post by psYco » Fri Mar 09, 2007 11:58 pm

its 3800 polys but bear in mind that its just for cutscenes, i have a version that i edited off of it, that has 1200 polys, but the cutscene version is actually going to have loads more simulated polys in 3D Studio...

zany_001

Post by zany_001 » Fri Mar 09, 2007 11:59 pm

isnt 1200 polys abit much for an in game tree? i have trees at 150-400 polys
True story.

psYco

Post by psYco » Sat Mar 10, 2007 12:02 am

Well, in my game there are no forrests, just desserts and if youve ever seen a baobab, its always the only one for miles...