Juutis' game thread!!! (Nirhis)

Game Design, Story, Game Play.
Sph!nx

Re: Juutis's game thread!!! (Nirhis)

Post by Sph!nx » Thu Aug 21, 2008 4:35 pm

Very nice skin, Juutis! I also like the feature of the players speed depending on the weight of the weapon. Very nice. Every time I visit this thread you seem to impress me.
Regards Sph!nx

Sven Co-op, DevEd: Development & Editing

Sorington

Post by Sorington » Fri Sep 12, 2008 4:36 pm

I like it much!
Greetings, Sorington

sankha93

Post by sankha93 » Wed Oct 15, 2008 12:57 pm

Look at the cool thing that happened to me while playing Nirhis. I was flying in the air and the enemy was also flying in the air. I walked about in the air and fooled quite a few of them.
ImageImage
sankha93

Juutis

Post by Juutis » Wed Oct 15, 2008 8:28 pm

Yeah, I've that's been happening to a few people. I've never been able to reproduce it so I can't fix it. I've reworked the whole jumping system though and I hope the problem isn't there anymore. I scripted the whole thing instead of using RF's gravity, 'cause it's kinda buggy.
Pain is only psychological.

sankha93

Post by sankha93 » Fri Oct 17, 2008 1:33 pm

Juutis wrote:Yeah, I've that's been happening to a few people. I've never been able to reproduce it so I can't fix it. I've reworked the whole jumping system though and I hope the problem isn't there anymore. I scripted the whole thing instead of using RF's gravity, 'cause it's kinda buggy.
Post that gravity script then.

I will tell you how I did it. The place where you find 1st 3 enemies there is a balcony. After killing them jump on it. From the balcony face towards the crates with some items on top. Then try to jump towards it. Then you will be flying in air.
sankha93

Agentarrow

Post by Agentarrow » Tue Oct 21, 2008 6:52 pm

clipping issue, happens in TT too on large drops, steep ramps, etc. Basically, the player is halfway inside a solid mesh somehow, so they want to fall, but cannot because at least part of them is inside the mesh so it claims that they are standing on it. Fixed by raising ceilings and stuff.
AgentArrow Home
The greater good is but a point of view...

Alextreme

Post by Alextreme » Sat Nov 01, 2008 9:10 pm

It is preciosísimo!

Juutis

Re: Juutis' game thread!!! (Nirhis)

Post by Juutis » Wed Dec 24, 2008 7:29 pm

It's been a while since the last post over here so I guess it's time to give you guys a little update. I've been thinking about this a lot lately and I've come to the conclusion that I'm not gonna create this game with RF. At first my plan was to create a prologue-type game with RF and a longer one with RF2 but it's become quite clear that the first game won't be finished before RF2 is released. So, I've decided to scrap this whole thing and start preparing the game(s) for RF2.

Of course, the fact that I would finish Nirhis after the release of RF2 isn't the only reason why I'm doing this. Naturally, the graphics engine is a big factor here as well as the scripting language. I really want to have some gore in the game and I'm hoping it's easier in RF2 than in RF. Also the idea of merging the two games is really tempting. I know this may sound bad to some of you but I believe it's for the best. I've really put a lot of thought into this.

Anyhow, I don't want my work to go to waste so I'm gonna try to put together another demo game with all the features I've created so far. I'll also upload a model and texture pack with all the stuff I've made for you guys to use in your games.

And to spice this post up a little, I reworked the sniper rifle and here's the result:
(533 polys)

Here's the old model for comparison (588 polys)
http://koti.mbnet.fi/jutkula/sniper.jpg

Merry Christmas, folks. I hope I ain't ruining it for anyone. :)

Destron

Post by Destron » Thu Dec 25, 2008 5:20 am

Excellent model, juutis. :D

sankha93

Post by sankha93 » Fri Dec 26, 2008 9:49 am

That's sad that you are not going to do the game in RF. The sniper is great.

When will you post your textures and model's pack?
sankha93

zany_001

Post by zany_001 » Sat Dec 27, 2008 3:18 am

Wow looking good Juutis! For gore, even in RF it would be fairly easy wouldn't it?Just use a 1poly blood decal that comes from the bullet on contact, for some basic stuff at least, although you might want something more advanced than that.
Once I was sad, and I stopped being sad and was awesome instead.
True story.

Grausam

Post by Grausam » Sat Dec 27, 2008 3:25 pm

Lol. When I started RF, I looked for some demos to get ideas what I could do. "Nirhis"! Wtf, that sounds somehow familiar.. like, finnish? I was right :lol: Nirhataan!!

Juutis

Post by Juutis » Sun Dec 28, 2008 4:34 pm

sankha93 wrote:When will you post your textures and model's pack?
As soon as I finish them. Some of the models still lack animations and stuff. Also, the demo game will be pretty much finished once I get the models done so I'll probably release them at the same time.
zany_001 wrote:For gore, even in RF it would be fairly easy wouldn't it?Just use a 1poly blood decal that comes from the bullet on contact, for some basic stuff at least, although you might want something more advanced than that.
Yeah, I want a little more than that, like dismemberment and stuff. I suppose that would be possible with RF too but very complicated.
Grausam wrote:Lol. When I started RF, I looked for some demos to get ideas what I could do. "Nirhis"! Wtf, that sounds somehow familiar.. like, finnish? I was right :lol: Nirhataan!!
Indeed. :)
Hienoo nähä muitakin suomalaisia täällä.
(For those who don't speak Finnish: It's great to see another Finnish guy around here)

Trougedoor122

Post by Trougedoor122 » Sun Dec 28, 2008 6:23 pm

nice work so far, i love the sniper rifle.

zany_001

Post by zany_001 » Sun Dec 28, 2008 8:43 pm

You could do dismemberm,ent by having seperate forearm and top arm, stuff like that, so if one is injured it falls off, but that would reqiure a redo of every player model, so not wuite applicable i think.

Incidentally I tried to see something wrong with ther sniper rifle just to give some usaeful C&C but I couldn't see anything, so good job on that.
Once I was sad, and I stopped being sad and was awesome instead.
True story.