Protea Team: Claustrophobic -new project-

Game Design, Story, Game Play.
psYco

Protea Team: Claustrophobic -new project-

Post by psYco » Mon Nov 13, 2006 5:19 pm

Well this is my new project! Ive just completed the intro vid its just gonna be a side project kinda like a bit arcady but with a HxC (<Hard Core) storyline that loosly holds the endless levels together.

The game will utilize destructable enviroments (well as best as RF can make em)

Just watch the intro I think it explains the game the best!
here is the You Tube link:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EXXfxQU3dks

BLACK_PHOENIX

Post by BLACK_PHOENIX » Sun Nov 19, 2006 10:46 pm

so what kind of style r u looking for.

i recommend aiming for a F.E.A.R look

i woulnt mind helping

psYco

Post by psYco » Wed Nov 22, 2006 6:20 pm

Im terribly sorry it has taken me soooooo long to reply I read the post on my PSP and was therefore unable to reply rite then and so I have forgotten over and over again.

Well as far as the look im going for summink a bit less graphically advanced since its not really gonna be a 'Thriller HxC FPS' but more of a 'Gold Digger from DOS, with creepy atmosphere and a slightly arcadey feel with more of a story line'

(wow thats a mouthfull of a genre :lol: )

And as far as helping out, im sorry but im gonna go this one alone since its more of a 'cash in' project to sell on manifestogames.com to tide me over financially for my next project, witch im planning to be out in 2011 or one year after RF2's release (witch ever comes first)

You MAY if you want be able to help out there tho, if you want? What kind of skill and or knowlage do you have of Blender and/or making 3D CG cutscenes? As always with me it would be probono work, but I may be able to help out with a project of yours if theres summink that you arnt so skilled in and i may be more knowlageable, or simple 'anyone can do it but its really souldestoyingly boring' jobs im good at those :D

Any way get back to me.

Josh7356

Post by Josh7356 » Fri Dec 22, 2006 1:07 am

Pretty good intro. I have only seen a few problems. You kept the text on the screen a little too long ,and the video in the background was pretty boring. Remeber, the average adult attention span is 8 seconds. Maybe find a better video to go in back of the text ,and don't keep it on for so long. Anyway, good luck. Sounds like it would make a decent game. Destructable environments are always fun. I haven't played anything too similar either ,so I'm pretty sure that your idea is original.

psYco

Post by psYco » Fri Dec 22, 2006 10:08 am

Oh yeah this project. Well thanks for the possitive feedback, but i think this project is going to be pushed back quite a lot, to a time when i have alot more time. Its a pity since i kinda liked this idea, and doing something based on truth has always appeald to me. But my attention keeps getting dragged off to my primary project and like not failing my january exams.