new project of mine

Game Design, Story, Game Play.
scott

new project of mine

Post by scott » Tue Dec 05, 2006 4:57 pm

i was working on a big game where you could walk round cities, i now realise this is a bit to ambitious for a "first project" so im anouncing my new game of cock fighting.

the game will be a fighting game but between animals in an arena, your task would be to win tournaments and level up you character, learning new moves as you go along.

i think this game is going to be alot easier than my original one to make.

animals included are

cockerel as martial arts expert
pig as sumo wrestler
cow as ??????
horse as ?????
sheep as ?????

i will think of more farmyard animals and give them special fighting abilities specalised to a sertan type of fighting

hopefully multiplyer will be working properly when i have completed the game.

i am also open to suggestions, im thinking of mabe adding a story line to the reason why you are fighting but unsure about that as it is not a nesesity.
*GD*

LtForce

Re: new project of mine

Post by LtForce » Tue Dec 05, 2006 5:35 pm

scott wrote: cow as ??????
The assasin that poison it's enemies with milk or weapon of mass destruction that can shoot milk for long long distance :)
I just love the idea and with multiplayer you would have thousands of players. Good luck
Lithuanians for Georgia!

psYco

Post by psYco » Tue Dec 05, 2006 5:38 pm

hmmmm sounds cool and you should probably add pitbulls to your list since they ARE the original fighting animals? Oh and I was just wondering are you going for a friendly child like atmosphere with cartoony graphics, a dark and brutal realism or some where inbetween?? A game like this if done in a very HxC way could generate ALOT of contraversy and well this can be seen in two lights, you may get protestors trying to stone your house (the usual proteset to violence) BUT contraversy DOES sell games *cough*GTA any way it sounds fun and good luck mate! :)

scott

Post by scott » Tue Dec 05, 2006 5:42 pm

i thought about the idea of cow having a gun and shooting milk but the hard part would be would to balance the power of a ranged attack

the great thing about this game is that it can be for any age, and for fun because it would be funny and can be played seriously against other epople to better your skilss.

i did have an idea of a leage table for the multiplayer but that would mean a dedicated server and those things cost, but its along time of yet and should wory about that closer to the time.
*GD*

jonas

Post by jonas » Thu Dec 07, 2006 5:56 pm

Sounds like a great idea. That would be kind of fun to run around smacking other animals, a hen is throwing hard boiled eggs, the dog is throwing bones. a most interesting game idea, I would definatly try it.
Jonas

Focused, hard work is the real key to success. Keep your eyes on the goal, and just keep taking the next step towards completing it. If you aren't sure which way to do something, do it both ways and see which works better. - John Carmack

scott

Post by scott » Mon Dec 18, 2006 11:39 pm

you got the idea, not sure of the dog, i thought of it myself but it isnt a farm animal as such but still you get the pont.

has anyone ever tried modeling a chicken well let me warn you, dont bother its a pain in the ass, i got the feathers at the back to look good but the body needs alot of work and it is harder than i originaly thought, but once im happy with the body i can start animating and im sure that wont b too hard to do, im gona pre define the moves on paper so i know how it will move so should make animating it a bit easier.

it is going to be hand to hand combat mostly apart from the cow i think as i want to create a new game for RF in the way of not having it a fps and not using guns.
*GD*

scott

Post by scott » Wed Jan 24, 2007 4:15 pm

unfortunatly this project was short lived, it was a game based on my gf idea and was expecting a little help on it too as she thought of it but then we broke up and i dont want to do this project as it will just remind me of her, something im trying to forget, so if anyone else wants to take up the idea they can or if not mabe in a few years i might consider making it.

so im going back to my original game idea but scaling it down so it is more managable.
*GD*

psYco

Post by psYco » Wed Jan 24, 2007 5:29 pm

oh well i liked the original idea anyway... :D