NEW MINI PROJECT!!!!!!

Game Design, Story, Game Play.
BLACK_PHOENIX

NEW MINI PROJECT!!!!!!

Post by BLACK_PHOENIX » Tue Dec 26, 2006 10:14 am

apart from my confusing RPG. im finallly writing my story for the FPS game.

it has something to do with human DNA and a mad doctor and alien like monsters. i want to make it real with things that are possible of happening.

the story is still young and fragile but is very much in production.
unfortunately for RF i will be using a more powerfull game engine for this game. the story involves the secret discovery of a new cell/gene/dna. it ends up mutating the human body and destroying the brains mental abilities. the doctor locked up his secret lab and poisoned himself. what happend tothe creatures is unknown.

a group of investigators go and search for any leftovers all they find is.................................................................

so this is my main story. its just an experimental game so i dont want a complicated story. this is mainly to introduce me into a new and more powerful engine. maybe torque or crystalspace.

so... ...what do u think?

LtForce

Post by LtForce » Tue Dec 26, 2006 10:45 am

I bought Torque a few months ago and it rocks!! It's a bit more complicated then RF and you need to know c++ language(you even have to scrit menu, so no C++ - no game). Of course, indie license is 105 dollars but that is soon going to pay of :wink:
Lithuanians for Georgia!

BLACK_PHOENIX

Post by BLACK_PHOENIX » Thu Dec 28, 2006 12:13 am

well it just happens that i know some C++ and Direct x and im still learning.

i want to now one thing about torque.

where do i start?

LtForce

Post by LtForce » Thu Dec 28, 2006 6:23 am

You should read short tutorial first and if you still won't get it you should get complete tutorial(I think it's worth 45 $ :? )
Lithuanians for Georgia!

BLACK_PHOENIX

Post by BLACK_PHOENIX » Wed Jan 17, 2007 10:18 am

"A tournament will show us the real heroes of our world. teams all across the the galaxy will participate in a massive combat tournament. the main prize: 100 million galactic credit points.

you are a human like man. you have two warrior men, 1 stealthy woman and 1 computer/hacker guy. there are different kinds of challenges that will require all the skills your team has. the eliminted teams are thrown into a huge "jail" that you dont know about until you are fooled into losing. one of the teams is secretly working for the organiztaion and planing to "eliminate" all of the other heroes."

there will be a huge weapon sytem that will allow you to create millions of different variations. there will also be an ability sytem for the hacker guy and stealth girl. there will also be access to vehicles and a vehicle upgrade system aswell. your character will also have a upgrade system and armour system that will effect health and ammo. the mission sytem will contain many typical fps types like CTF and DM and will also contain types that are based on high scores and other factors. when you take out someones life they teleport out of the game and dont die. the same goes with you.
------------------------------------------------
| WEAPON SYSTEM |

there are many brands to choose from, each with there own strenghts and weaknesses. the weapon that you buy will be a base weapon.you may then buy a upgrade wich will improve all stats.there are also dual and quad powered guns that use more ammo but are able to hit multiple targets. there will be 12 types of weapons. you can also attach MODS to the weapon. these allow you to further upgrade your weapon with special attachments and various devices. here are some guns

base gun sets(single powered)
Gtech
Hurricane
Duplex
Xforce
GTX
HydroX

Dual powered
Gtech 2
Xstream
G50
G60
G70

Triple powered
Trigon
Nevida
Gtech 3
G80
TX40
Tornado

Quad powered
Inferno
Plasmite
G90
Gtech 4
TX80

I will later explain the stealth and hacking system.

this is the first design concept. what do you think

LtForce

Post by LtForce » Wed Jan 17, 2007 8:10 pm

Amazing!!!
Lithuanians for Georgia!

BLACK_PHOENIX

Post by BLACK_PHOENIX » Thu Jan 18, 2007 6:24 am

there will also be cell powered guns. they use hundreds of cells that keep multiplying , thus giving an unlimited amount of ammo and awsome explosion effects. these guns will be extremely powerful, outrageously expensive and very effective on vehicles.

there will be missions like infiltrating organization buildings and destroying there robot warriors, sneaking through organization headquarters and doing challenges in the arenas and maps set for the tournament. for this you will need excellent stealth skills. you will be able to use abilites and devices that can distract enemies. small rc robots that can pass through air vents or pipes for recon missions. you will also be able to snaek behind robots and pull there power cables out. you can use grapple cams that can explode. various bombs and powders to disable enmies. and you will be able to quietly walk up walls and hide on top of elevator pods for listening to secret organization conversations. and if there is something in the way, thats were you can hack through the electronic system to open a door or move an elevator pod. or you can send a listening virus into one of the organizations pcs and listen in on there secrets. basically you will be the master of all electronic devices. when you attempt to hack you will play a sort of mini game were you enter the world of machine language. 0s and 1s everywhere. you will be a little person or electronic pulse that can shoot and be able to change around the bits that will be located everywhere. im still working on what this will look like but i want it to be close to what real hacking looks like but making it more fun.

the armour system will be very simple. there wont be any stats like an rpg, it will only decrease the amount of damage your opponent will give you. there will be suits that upgrade your defence and there will be a special gravity suit for fighting in 0 gravity zones.

the vehicle sytem will be similar to the weapon system. there will be many different vehicles. there will be a range of ships so that you can fly from planet to planet and have space fights.

the tournament will be held on a seperate planet where all teams will have there own headquarters/base/hangar. here you can buy weapons, suits, vehicles and any other stuff. when not on a mission you can sneak into one of the other teams HQ and be able to do whatever you please. later in the game when two other teams play, you can hack into the arena electronics and control the game. you can change the whole game around depending on who you want to win.

im working on the story and the different missions. soon ill put everything together and ill have the first full concept.

anyone got any ideas on a name?