arena type game

Game Design, Story, Game Play.
Juutis

Post by Juutis » Tue Feb 20, 2007 6:09 pm

Sorry, the whole fuss is my bad. I said the wrong command in the first place.
The right command that can be used here is TeleportToPoint(), not TeleportEntity().

Well anyway, it works for me now, at least. Here ya go:

BTW, I added a variable called SPAWNPOINT. So if you want to change the point where the pawn spawns, just change 'SPAWNPOINT [XXX]' in the top of the script.
Attachments
robot.zip
(3.39 KiB) Downloaded 46 times
Pain is only psychological.

incenseman2003

Post by incenseman2003 » Tue Feb 20, 2007 7:31 pm

Juutis,

That is awsome I havent been working with it long enought to figure stuff like that out. I do see the difference in your script and mine. I think I am starting to get a handle on some of it. There is only one issue to solve.

If I the pawn and it can see me when it spawns back in it dies right away. If it cant see me it doesnt die untill I shoot it again. I suppose that level design in relation to where I place the pawn could be one of the answers. I am wondering though. How would I make it stop doing that if I so choose to do so in the future?

Smashing good work Dude!! I mean that.
Patience and tolerance are the keys to the passage of knowledge. Even those that are the most knowledgeable started with many questions.

Juutis

Post by Juutis » Tue Feb 20, 2007 7:45 pm

Allright, good thing it works.

The dying issue should be easy to fix. Just add line 'SetAttribute(HEALTHATTRIBUTE,HEALTH);' to the Death order.
Like this:

Code: Select all

Death[()
	{
        AnimateStop(DIE,DIEHOLD, "");
        TeleportToPoint(SPAWNPOINT,0,0,0);
        SetAttribute(HEALTHATTRIBUTE,HEALTH);
        NewOrder("Spawn");
	}]

incenseman2003

Post by incenseman2003 » Tue Feb 20, 2007 8:19 pm

Juutis,

That is so rockin!!

Works like a charm. I have alot to learn. With people like you to confer with, I am well on my way.

Thanks a ton.

P.S.
While I have your attention, can you tell me how to make an angle indicator that works like the compass bit it would show vertical angle instead if direction?

I will be in need of one soon. If I cant get one going I will have to scrap the entire game concept that I have in mind. Hope it is possible.
Patience and tolerance are the keys to the passage of knowledge. Even those that are the most knowledgeable started with many questions.

Juutis

Post by Juutis » Wed Feb 21, 2007 8:25 am

While I have your attention, can you tell me how to make an angle indicator that works like the compass bit it would show vertical angle instead if direction?

I will be in need of one soon. If I cant get one going I will have to scrap the entire game concept that I have in mind. Hope it is possible.
I'm not sure if it can be done. You had a thread about this, but since nobody has answered, it seems that nobody has figured out how.
What do you mean exactly? I'm not sure I get what you mean. A picture or something would lighten things up. :)

incenseman2003

Post by incenseman2003 » Thu Feb 22, 2007 1:07 pm

Lets say I made a game where the player was flying and I wanted to make an indicator to show thier angle relative to the ground. I would want a hud item to show if they were parallel to the ground or tlited.

darksmaster923

Post by darksmaster923 » Sun Feb 25, 2007 4:53 am

Player Death

When the player dies in a level you have several options of what can happen next. When the player's death animation is started a trigger called PlayerDeath is set to on. This can be used to trigger special effects or special camera sequences when the player dies. As well, you can control what happens after the death animation has finished.

In the PlayerSetup.ini file in the [Misc] section there is an entry called restartafterdeath. If this is true then pressing the ESC key after the death animation is finished will cause the level to restart. If it is false then a trigger called DeathESC is set to on and can be used to activate other entities that will cause the level to end or change to another level. If you press the Space bar after the death animation a trigger called DeathSpace is set to on. This also can be used to trigger other entities. This trigger is independent of the state of restartafterdeath.

Just remember, if restartafterdeath is false then a ChangeLevel entity must be activated at some point or the level will never end and you will be stuck at the point of death. If you choose to ignore the DeathESC trigger then the PlayerDeath trigger must activate a ChangeLevel entity or you remain stuck at death.

hey, you can make the player respawn script to have a die anim. the player health has to be called health. in playersetup.ini put restartafterdeath off and make the script have that if DeathSpace or DeathESC is on, you respawn!
Herp derp.

Juutis

Post by Juutis » Sun Feb 25, 2007 11:44 am

Allright! I had no idea that could work. Good thinking there.

darksmaster923

Post by darksmaster923 » Thu Mar 01, 2007 1:47 am

nvm i had another spawn point in the lvl
Herp derp.