Eternal Kingdom ~ Black Phoenix Game Thread

Game Design, Story, Game Play.
Mallek

Post by Mallek » Mon Apr 02, 2007 5:19 am

sounds awesome. cant wait for the demo. by the soundsof it, you have a good team.

BLACK_PHOENIX

Post by BLACK_PHOENIX » Tue Apr 03, 2007 3:51 am

my team is pretty small and ordinary(16 people, 10 on holiday). the main advantage is that everyone is good at almost everything. so basically we have 16 art designers,16 programmers, etc.

and everyone has lots of experience with playing games.

i might release a small demo once ive got at least three creatures and a sample character. that way you get an experience of what the final will be like.

the biggest problem is what engine to use. right now ive got torque and ogre3d/neoaxis on my mind, but i am also thinking about using my own
engine, that way we could fully create anything we want without worring about permission to change the engine.

we are still in the first stages of design so we dont really now what kind of technology we will need to support the game content.

but for now we do know that we will need a really powerfull engine. icryengine2 would be the perfect engine to support what im thinking about doing. unfortunately we wont have access to that for a long time.