Abbadon: Paradise of Darkness

Game Design, Story, Game Play.
Sanitarium_Games®

Abbadon: Paradise of Darkness

Post by Sanitarium_Games® » Thu Mar 01, 2007 11:47 pm

Hello people.

I've been writing a video game script since summer '05. The original name was "Dark Island". Now the game is called "Abbadon: Paradise of Darkness". The setting is on a huge island.

When I learn Reality Factory to make island, it'll start being in on more development. But the models are being made. Which I'll explain in a minute.

Here's the game info.

"Two parents, Jack and Sarah Schuyler,
wanted to work things out so they won't get a divorce.
They have two 10 year old boys.
Jack rented a boat for the family for alittle vacation.
The whole family sails off in the middle of the Pacific Ocean for "Peace And Quiet".
The first night, a storm came. Made the boat crash into a unknown island.
When Jack woke up, Jack couldn't find his family.
Jack found blood next to the boat.
As he search for his wife and kids, he started to see unusual things.
Then realized he has to fight his way though
the whole island to find and save his family..."

The game will be horror kind. The player must fight unspeakable creatures though the island to find his family.

You might think the game might be like Resident Evil or Silent Hill...no. It'll have shocking things.

To make you guys understand more, later in the game, you have to cut ALOT of dead bodies tummys to make a long rope made of guts to escape a cave.

One creature is currently being made. Here's the art work, and what is look like so far. I have a modeler to make the models for me.

I'm the writer, level designer(Well, very soon ), and CEO of my own company, Sanitarium Games®.

I have a modeler becase modelling was never my cup of tea.

The art work was from my drawer. He's the co-writer and President of Sanitarium Games®.

Sanitarium Games® only has 4 people total. :lol:

There will be more crazy things like the gut rope. You might think we are sick. Maybe we are, but don't care.

Few questions, what's the best tutorials to start with RF and is there only tutorials that's close to make a island, ocean, and watefall?

How big can I make my own world. Is it unlimited?

Will the engine crashed if there are a ALOT trees and objects?

And if the world can't be unlimited can I connect levels? Meaning like I made each level on it's own file. Can I connect them?

The game will be release in March 1, 2009. Yea, two years for now. Hope you guys will become fans.

Thanks

"Abbadon: Paradise Of Darkness" is currently in development. Will be release in March 1, 2009.

psYco

Post by psYco » Fri Mar 02, 2007 5:54 pm

Well first off welcome to the forums! :D

Its always cool to see new projects starting up on RF :) And your idea sounds quite cool, I love violence in games, and I honestly dont mind even if its only there for the sake of violence, the gut rope sounds cool, but I wouldent really call that shocking, since well you say its MORE grosse(by that i mean aWsomely violently horrifically cool) than The silent Hill series? well living people, who were skinned alive hanging on meat hooks, just strikes me as "worse than gut rope"

anyway It still sounds like a cool concept, and the monster model looks cool, although, in horror games its usally better to go for a not quite symetrical feel... like things with odd limbs are just creepy. I'm, sure you'll grow to love RF and the pace of the work flow, ounce you get to know what your doing its really quite a versatile tool allowing you to do pretty much anything.

Good luck with that, and I hope to see more of this project over the next two years. :)

Sanitarium_Games®

Post by Sanitarium_Games® » Fri Mar 02, 2007 8:20 pm

Thanks.

Saturday night, I'm re-reading the whole script and add more scary things for it.

"Abbadon: Paradise Of Darkness" is currently in development. Will be release in March 1, 2009.

QuestOfDreams
Site Admin

Post by QuestOfDreams » Fri Mar 02, 2007 8:50 pm

Can you please reduce the size of your signature image... psyco's image is already rather large but yours is even bigger. :shock:
oh... and welcome to the forums :wink:

psYco

Post by psYco » Fri Mar 02, 2007 9:20 pm

Oh sorry, I actually was thinking that, I'll crop it down vertically a bit.

Sanitarium_Games®

Post by Sanitarium_Games® » Fri Mar 02, 2007 9:37 pm

Talking about mines? I edit it if you are.

But can any of you answer this?...

What's the best tutorials to start with RF and is there only tutorials that's close to make a island, ocean, and watefall?

How big can I make my own world. Is it unlimited?

Will the engine crashed if there are a ALOT trees and objects?

And if the world can't be unlimited can I connect levels? Meaning like I made each level on it's own file. Can I connect them?

psYco

Post by psYco » Fri Mar 02, 2007 10:19 pm

The best tute I know of, well that covers ALL the basics and some of the advanced stuff, is the Reality Factory book, found here>> http://www.realityfactory.info/cms/inde ... umentation It's nothing about an island, but its pretty general really...

About the level, well you can have quite a few objects on screen at same time, but i wouldent push it past about 5000 polys or frame rates will suffer, and no im afraid you cant have "unlimited" space, so youll have to make a series of levels, which you link up using level change entities, this is how most games in RF work, you can though make quite large areas, using hint brushes and other techniques.

Well i hope this helps, oh and I think QoD was talking about your sig pic :wink:

Sanitarium_Games®

Post by Sanitarium_Games® » Sat Mar 03, 2007 2:38 am

Ok. thanks for the info.

So mostly I just learn all the basic from the online. Then I should figure out how to make the island myself.

OK, I'll fix my sig...soon. :D

scott

Post by scott » Sat Mar 03, 2007 5:09 pm

if the editor was improved then it could actualy be possible to have unlimited space but you WOULD have to have a FAR CLIP setting so that nothing can be seen past this point, alot of modern day games do it, they normaly put it as view distance.
at the moment if you have too much in the editor and it recompiles every little thing you do even if you tell it not to it just becomes out of the question.
the way round this is to have severl levels and then import into one big one when you done and compile the main game and your done.
when you say unlimited, well it cant be unlimited but it can go as far as you create it, so eventualy the player will come to the end.
i belive i am correct with this information, the only other thing that this will have effect on will be the amount of hard drive space to play the game on as alot of it will be put into 'virtual memory' the advantage of this is you dont have to wait for each level to load once in the game.
a disadvantage is that it will take along time to load the game when you start playing it.
*GD*

Juutis

Post by Juutis » Sat Mar 03, 2007 7:21 pm

I really hate how the editor gets so slow with even medium size levels. Making 'the final touch' to levels is a pain. One thing that speeds it up a bit, however, is restarting the editor when it gets slow. And always disable 'auto-rebuild BSP'.

It's always good to see a new project being started with RF. Especially something like this. To my knowledge RF doesn't have any horror games/demos yet, so it's good to have one of those too.

The model looks great, maybe a bit too high-poly for RF, though. How many polys does it have? Depending on how many creatures you want to have on screen at a time the models should have something like 500-1000 polygons.

Anyway, your project sounds awesome. Can't wait for it to finish... I'm a fan already. :)
Pain is only psychological.

Mark in 2-D

Post by Mark in 2-D » Sun Mar 18, 2007 12:03 pm

I think it sounds great. I'm making a horror/scary game aswell. If you need any help with anything just ask away because all the people on this forum are exstremely nice and are willing to help. Though don't ask me for help cos I'm crap with RF and I only just started using it.

Matte

Re: Abbadon: Paradise of Darkness

Post by Matte » Wed May 14, 2008 5:10 pm

I would change the name Abbadon, since it's the name of a god in GW: Nightfall.

ZenBudha

Post by ZenBudha » Tue Sep 02, 2008 6:22 am

It's also the name of a special character in Warhammer 40K. Don't think anyone owns a license on the name.
Fear not the textures for the almighty stylus is with thee - Book of Zen

Matte

Post by Matte » Wed Sep 03, 2008 2:39 pm

ZenBudha wrote:It's also the name of a special character in Warhammer 40K. Don't think anyone owns a license on the name.
Oh. Ok.

So how's the game going?