heres my FIRST game, it sucks, and i havent finished the menu graphics
plus video settings are at openGL drivers
It crashes at exit, dont know why
http://www.4shared.com/file/12218185/6a22726/setup.html
Herp derp.

Juutis

Post by Juutis » Wed Mar 14, 2007 3:20 pm

it sucks
To be honest... you're right, it does suck. No offence. :)
But hey, at least it's better than my first creations with RF. :wink:

Basically there was one thing I liked, the weapon. I'm not saying 'weapons' because there was only one, the text in the beginning says there is also a Mac10 but I didn't find it even with the editor. Is it supposed to be there? Well anyway, the weapon (Galil?) is cool. It has nice animations and detail. Also the iron sights thing is great. I liked the menu background, too.

Now, I'm not trying to put you down or anything, but the numerous bugs ruin the game. :?
For example, the weapon should be scaled down. It's so huge it goes inside walls. I also had hard time hitting the enemy, the bullets seem to have a will of their own. They just didn't go where the crosshair was pointing at. It was particularly hard when the enemy was near me, I always killed him by shooting from a distance. A couple of times the enemy just respawned immediately after dying and shot me in the face. He just got up from the ground and shot me. Also, it's possible to go through walls by firing the weapon near a wall. The recoil threw me through walls all the time.
There was some other issues too, I'm sure you're aware of them. Without these bugs and glitches, I think this demo would be actually rather enjoyable.

I think you should also remove all the unnecessary stuff from the demo. The demo is 120 MB, and most of the content isn't even used. You have loads of unused stuff like weapons (which look pretty darn sweet, BTW), actors, bitmaps and levels. The install file would be a LOT smaller without them.

Well anyway, it's a good start for a game. I can't wait to play the full version with all those cool weapons and fixed bugs. :D
Pain is only psychological.

darksmaster923

Post by darksmaster923 » Thu Mar 15, 2007 4:02 pm

ya, the mac10 was in the orginal lvl but i am using scipted pickups to try to make a weapon swap. plus every since i put in some scripts its been unstable :(
Herp derp.

Silmeria

Post by Silmeria » Sat Apr 07, 2007 2:04 am

lol just like in games, we all start as noobs. The first games we make will suck (unless you're like a total pro).

darksmaster923

Post by darksmaster923 » Sat Apr 07, 2007 2:15 am

you didnt have to post that....... :(
Herp derp.