Wii-mote compatible?

Game Design, Story, Game Play.
Devoto

Wii-mote compatible?

Post by Devoto » Fri Mar 16, 2007 12:04 am

I noticed that every time I throw together a small game (mostly fps) I never use more than the w,a,s,d,1-9,space,c and mousebuttons. These could pretty easily be placed on the wii-mote
My question:
Does RF have support fr the Wii-mote? I've no idea what to do to get it to work in my games :?

Gratefull for any kind of answer
//Devoto
Graviora manent...

psYco

Post by psYco » Fri Mar 16, 2007 6:24 pm

Well, Im pretty sure that there is no out of the box support from RF for the nintendo Wii-mote, BUT I know that it can be used on the PC (half life 2 is soo much more fun with the Wii-Mote) so if you can set it up right in the controls, people who plug the Wii-Mote in would be able to play by making the right parts of the wii work in place of the right keyboard keys...

Its always good to see innovation in indie projects

oh and welcome to the forum :D

scott

Post by scott » Sat Mar 17, 2007 2:54 pm

i didnt know you could use a wii control with a pc, that is thw wireless, motion detection controler right, so you could put one on a pc and have the iteractiveness of a wii? or is it just the buttons that work?
*GD*

psYco

Post by psYco » Sat Mar 17, 2007 5:28 pm

Well you have to have a little row of LEDs along the base of your screen (comes with the controll which retails for about £40) then you just install one of the many free cross over apps that can be found on the web (a quick google search should have you knowing how to do it in a few clicks) and then yeah from what ive seen (tried it on a friends PC since he had a wii anyway) and all games and the windows OS work fine with it... There are even alot of flash games coming out that use all of its functionality,

you can even set up different motions to be different keys, eg flick the controll to jump in an fps! :D

Devoto

Post by Devoto » Sat Mar 17, 2007 8:03 pm

Yeh I figured I'd be able to do something like that

I have a pretty good laptop and have two small lamps stuck in the top corners of the screen...you know...the kind you can put on refrigirators?hehe anyways

I'm gonna throw something together in time for easter and see if I can mod the wiimote to it
Wish me luck^^

//Over and Out
Devoto
Graviora manent...

psYco

Post by psYco » Sat Mar 17, 2007 9:37 pm

good luck :wink:

Agentarrow

Post by Agentarrow » Mon Sep 17, 2007 10:19 pm

scott wrote:i didnt know you could use a wii control with a pc, that is thw wireless, motion detection controler right, so you could put one on a pc and have the iteractiveness of a wii? or is it just the buttons that work?
your computer also has to have bluetooth. that's what the remote uses
AgentArrow Home
The greater good is but a point of view...

MakerOfGames

Post by MakerOfGames » Tue Sep 18, 2007 5:26 am

Here is a managed library for the Wiimote that I found a while back.
Wiimote Library
*DISCLAIMER: I have never used the library and do not know if it can cause any harm to your pc*

I looked into attempting it, but I need to focus on creating my game first.

Good luck! I think it would be awesome to use a Wiimote to play any game!
Think outside the box.
To go on an adventure, one must discard the comforts and safety of the known and trusted.