Really Big Guns : An FPS Parody

Game Design, Story, Game Play.
Voltare

Really Big Guns : An FPS Parody

Post by Voltare » Mon Mar 26, 2007 6:13 pm

You are Super-Secret UnderCover Operative Sam Walker.Your mission is "Generic FPS Stuff".Basically, kill everything you can.

You start in the Overly Fat Director-type Guys' office, where he sends you to a hole in the wall, and you have a conversation there with him ." I don't want to go down there....i might meet something Unreal." "Awww...I'm Serious, Sam---I think you should" " But I might meet my Doom." " Quakeing with Fear, then? Here take this health-pak, I don't want you to have only a Half Life"

You go down the hole, which leads to Extemely Dark Hallway # 1, which then takes you to That-Room-Full-of-Useless-Sci-Fi-Machines.You go down Generic Stairs to Required-Warehouse-Level , where you see a bunch o guys with recorders hanging around the bathroom....you get near, and realise they're recording the guy having a dump( Ungh...Argh....Hngh!) and discussing using those sounds as FPS jumping and running sounds.

After you whap everything here.....you then proceed to The-Crate-Room.A room off this one leads to the first boss.....Forever Bleeding Guy.After you kill him, he starts bleeding all over the place, and you have to leave, or be drowned.You now have a Keycard, which allows you to open a door now!So, you do so....and find yourself on GameConvention Floor!You sneak around in this place, listening to the convo's here" gamer 1 - Quack 16 is the greatest ever!" gamer 2 " No Hail no is the best!" gamer 3 -" Dumb 9 is the best" ( also, Random Magazine Interview Guy is Interviewing Insecure-Game-Dev-Guy #1: " what new stuff do you have in this game?' 'Well, we now have Nose-Hair shaders! Adding just that much more realism to our game! Oh---and Jiggleonics for the female characters , too.......")

You blast everything here , have a Generic Boss Fight, and then Go to Tiny-Outdoors -Area, which you can Blink and miss it.
It leads to DeathMatch Arena!Or, as i like to call it -Whack-A-Noob!Noobs will be running into and getting stuck in walls, falling off everything, running into each other....and you have to whack 'em all!

Long Hallway With ridiculous Monsters is next, which leads to.....well you'll find out.....heh........

Visually, it's going to be similar to the Quake 2 and Half-life games, in all their fuzzy glory!Where the really Big Guns comes in at is this : Ain't no danged way IRL you'll ever pick up and run with a chaingun, so in this game....you get : Railguns to run with and shoot!I'm talking the Biggest FPS Gun Ever: a 1944 German RailGun!If you can run with a chaingun, you can run with this, too......

Critters will be : Required Nazi guys, Ever-Present-Zombies,Those-ugly-Spider-Things,and a few other generic FPS enemies........

Other ideas are being worked out, as is the first level...of which i'll soon have screens.....heh.

Tagline for it---Get yer FPS on.

What ya think?

Juutis

Post by Juutis » Mon Mar 26, 2007 7:31 pm

Hehe, that's funny! I actually laughed out loud a couple of times while reading that. Very funny, indeed! :lol:
And I love it! :D I kinda like all sorts of parody games. I especially like the references in the beginning, 'I'm Serious, Sam--' is the best!
Pain is only psychological.

jonas

Post by jonas » Mon Mar 26, 2007 7:46 pm

lol that's great! that was pretty cool how you used game names in there conversations :D
Jonas

Focused, hard work is the real key to success. Keep your eyes on the goal, and just keep taking the next step towards completing it. If you aren't sure which way to do something, do it both ways and see which works better. - John Carmack

LtForce

Post by LtForce » Mon Mar 26, 2007 8:33 pm

Great idea!
Lithuanians for Georgia!

psYco

Post by psYco » Mon Mar 26, 2007 8:54 pm

WOW FANTASTIC IDEA! Just lovvit! :D There is soooo much to make fun on about FPS's (ahh i love em tho) but it would be aWsome to see this done.. The idea sounds great! should be a blast cant wait! :P

Devoto

Post by Devoto » Mon Mar 26, 2007 11:05 pm

hahaha wow :)

This could be really good. Though you gotta make sure to do it right... if there's gonna be voiceacting it should be actors actually trying to be serious and no old geezer from down the street that you give 10bucks to record some lines :P

GLHF 8)
//Devoto
Graviora manent...

Voltare

Post by Voltare » Tue Mar 27, 2007 4:20 am

heh.....thanks....got the idea after playing a Half-life deathmatch a few years ago......but...thanks to hurricanes ivan, dennis, katrina and a recent harddrive crash, i've had to start over completely.So, I turned to my best idea.....And, the kind of game it is, RF will be perfect for it.

psYco

Post by psYco » Tue Mar 27, 2007 5:55 pm

Oh I happend to have a sick idea while thinking about your game... And I think it would be aWsome if you had the G-man from HL and then have him standing around, but like you can walk up to him, cause hes not well hidden and then he trys to run away, but really badly, or mabey he tries to hide behind a light post or his brief case... That could be a cutscene tho... :? ANyway I just laffed wheen I thawt of it and thawt since your doing a game like that i'd throw it out there... :lol:

Voltare

Post by Voltare » Tue Mar 27, 2007 6:09 pm

i'm gonna have someone like the guy from the doom3 trailers---that guy with all that armor on? well....mine's called Too Much Armor Man.....and he has so much armor on, he can't move.....heh.( and, of course...Tomb Raider gets skewered as well)

Also gonna make fun of Ragdoll Physics, a character falls of a building, and bounces around and just keeps on bouncing...........

psYco

Post by psYco » Tue Mar 27, 2007 6:15 pm

HAHA THAT SOUNDS SOOOO AWSOME!

Jay
RF Dev Team

Post by Jay » Tue Mar 27, 2007 10:26 pm

Voltare wrote:Also gonna make fun of Ragdoll Physics, a character falls of a building, and bounces around and just keeps on bouncing...........
HAHA THAT'S SO COOL! :lol:

You could also make fun of the so called 'cool shaders' that made some poeple and monsters in some games look like plastic. Maybe you make a showcase like in those museums where you see those showcases with 'The Evolution of human' and the last (after homo sapiens) is one that looks like plastic. (showcase might not be the right word, i mean those big ones with the stuffed animals and such)
Everyone can see the difficult, but only the wise can see the simple.
-----

Devoto

Post by Devoto » Tue Mar 27, 2007 11:02 pm

http://www.vgcats.com/comics/?strip_id=224

Check it out and you might find some inspiration :)

//Devoto
Graviora manent...

Voltare

Post by Voltare » Wed Mar 28, 2007 3:23 am

mostly....it's about fps's.....but a lot of the video game industry will be poked fun at as well.....vgcats included.(for the fun they made of legend of zelda:ocarina of time, my fave game ever, heh.)and yeah, on the game convention floor, random interview guy talks with vid game dev, Jack Semidodge (work it out.....) about his newest shader, Nose-hair.

oh, and in the whack-a-noob area, they all speak L33T.(ROFLCOPTR,LOLERSKATES, etc.)

Game models are as follows;
universal woman for office worker girls(3), streetwalkers in the whack-a-noob area(4) , and female soldiers scattered around the bf& bf2 hummer anti-driving area(ever tried to drive one of those????ARGHHHHHHHHHHHHH)

universal human for many of the male characters, including main character, other office guys(5), generic warehouse dudes(5) , punk-types (10) in a street area, zombies (24) scattered around and others.

universal monster(the small version) for a horde of midget baddies that attack in a long hallway area( this area makes fun of the random melee weaponry found in fps's, heh....you whack 'em with a wet towel......)

ww2 british and ww2 german for soldiers in the bf2 paordy area, as well as nazis(20).

custom models for : fat director guy, too much armor man,jiggly female (cara lroft, heh, based on the dimensions of ice-t's girlfriend, coco lee),Jack Semidodge, random interview guy,gamers 1 thru 4.These will take the longest to do........

Voltare

Re: Really Big Guns : An FPS Parody

Post by Voltare » Tue Jul 22, 2008 7:32 am

Ok. Project restarted. :D

Sorington

Re: Really Big Guns : An FPS Parody

Post by Sorington » Wed Jul 23, 2008 8:24 pm

oh! nice! I like this project!
Greetings, Sorington