FPS Horror Idea

Game Design, Story, Game Play.
gamer

FPS Horror Idea

Post by gamer » Tue Apr 10, 2007 3:05 am

It's 2125. Space travel and archeology is a reality. A archelogy team on Mercury has uncovered a artifact nicknamed "The Mindgate" but when Mercs intercept the ship carrying the Mindgate you must go in as a Stand alone spec op and retrive it, but Soon you discover the mindgate is no mere ancient item but really the most disturbing truth of all: The Darkness is living.

So what do ya think. I`m still tweaking the story but I need to know what to tweak.

zany_001

Post by zany_001 » Tue Apr 10, 2007 5:34 am

wats the darkness?others wise sounds cool
Once I was sad, and I stopped being sad and was awesome instead.
True story.

psYco

Post by psYco » Tue Apr 10, 2007 12:34 pm

really likeing the word mind gate... I like phsycological horror, i believe the human mind is the greatest evil in the world, but can also be the greatest good... anyway thats why i like your story of the mind gate, I too would like more detail of "the darkness" good luck with your game.

and WELCOME TO RF :D

Juutis

Post by Juutis » Tue Apr 10, 2007 1:05 pm

I like it. You arouse my curiosity immediately with this 'most disturbing truth of all' and I wish the game was finished already so I could find out what it is exactly. :)
However, if that's the whole background story, I would seriously add something. Some details, history and stuff like that.

And BTW...
psYco wrote:and WELCOME TO RF
gamer

:wink:
Pain is only psychological.

gamer

Post by gamer » Tue Apr 10, 2007 4:02 pm

Ok so The Darkness is like a living form of your fears. It was that was spoken of in an ancient text found in king tut`s tomb in 2015 so a rumor was spreading on earth that the darkness was the end of all existance but no one knew when so the rumors were dismissed even though half the archeology team who discovered it went missing. So all in all the darkness is supposed to be the apocolypse. This is sort of like a prolouge to the game.

O and BTW that was sort of like a summary. Kind of Like the ones you read on the back of the game Package. An eye catcher.Thanks for the feedback guys. :D

psYco

Post by psYco » Tue Apr 10, 2007 10:01 pm

PostPosted: Tue Apr 10, 2007 10:05 am Post subject:
I like it. You arouse my curiosity immediately with this 'most disturbing truth of all' and I wish the game was finished already so I could find out what it is exactly. Smile
However, if that's the whole background story, I would seriously add something. Some details, history and stuff like that.

And BTW...
psYco wrote:
and WELCOME TO RF

Quote:
gamer

Wink
ooooops, my bad, was REALLY early or was is late i cant remember when i commented plus i never actually chekc the date thing... hmm making a note to self.

Devoto

Post by Devoto » Thu Apr 12, 2007 1:03 am

dude...that's an awesome idea.... I love it :o
Work out the details and it can turn out great!

Good Luck :)
//Devoto
Graviora manent...

gamer

Post by gamer » Thu Apr 12, 2007 3:19 am

Thank you very much. Your compliments are more than just feedback. It`s inspiration. Thanks A Bunch :!: :!: :D

gamer

Post by gamer » Thu Apr 12, 2007 3:20 am

Gunner Pink

Post by Gunner Pink » Sun Apr 29, 2007 4:39 am

I like the Idea of SciFi Horror but I can't get past the fact that the horror is Technology based...
I mean you could make this into a fantastic game, where its a FPS Action game but then evlolves into a FPS Horror...
I'm insane! You are all sane and I'm the only INSANE ONE!

I'm Getting married!
YOU SEE!

I'm INSANE!