If you need ideas, names, storyline, whatever...post here!

Game Design, Story, Game Play.
mackietf024

@topic

Post by mackietf024 » Wed Aug 15, 2007 1:00 am

its similar to uhmm..let me see...its like granado spada with less graphics.^_^
and im planin on a modern age scenario with the characters looking like normal working people.^_^

Agentarrow

Well, Here's an Idea for anyone who wants it.

Post by Agentarrow » Wed Aug 15, 2007 3:44 am

My team pitched this idea, but I decided someone might like it.
Basically, it's an RPG, where the main character is split into four spirits by an ancient gemstone. The stone splits into a bunch of pieces sent flying across the country, and you go to a wizard to try to mend your soul back to one spirit, however, he says he needs the stone to mend you, so you must travel the country, getting the stone shards, and fighting off demons, and monsters, and other warriors that want the stone for destructive purposes. The spirit you play as depends on the environment, here's the four spirits. Winter, Big, and strong, weilds a huge battle axe, however is not very accurate with long range attacks,and is slow to attack. Spring, kind of slow, not super powerful, but incredibly accurate. Wields two giant boomerangs that strike foes almost every time. Fall, fast, but not powerful or accurate with long range attacks. He wields dual daggers. and can slash incredibly fast, he has a much larger attack variety than the other characters. Summer, Evenly balaned, no strong or weak points. He is used most often and wields a sword Then, you get re-sealed for the last level of the game where someone steals the stone so the wizard equips you to go to battle and destroy the stone so no one can use it for evil purposes. Re-sealed, Fast, powerful, and accurate. Has two swords made from light, yet strong metal by the wizard.
AgentArrow Home
The greater good is but a point of view...

Agentarrow

Post by Agentarrow » Wed Aug 15, 2007 4:03 am

darksmaster923 wrote:
not necessarily, in Neverwinter nights they divided the city into districts, and you could do that.
Or you could fog, Do what it says in Dan Valeo's manual and have it so that you have the level as big as it will go, and then it will just fill in as it needs to, that way it doesn't need massive loadin or anything. However the best Idea is to fog and divide. My team is tossing around Whispers In the Darkness, which is religous, but in a huge city, and you can read about it if you want when my site relaunches (keep hoping, it'll be around August 22nd) Fogging helps a lot with large levels
AgentArrow Home

Agentarrow

Post by Agentarrow » Wed Aug 15, 2007 4:16 am

BLACK_PHOENIX wrote:i would be thankful for any feedback and/or help with this game. i see that this community has great pottential to create something big.

anyone who has lots of time a good internet connection and a reasonable pc send me a pm or email(greg_zdunek@yahoo.com.au)

yes thats right my real name is greg. and of course i will need your real first name if you join the team.
Hehe, greg, I'd join your team, but I have my own team to lead. Anyway, Darkmaster923 dug up that my first name is Brandon.
About your game, it has great potential, Your character's blate, can be white on one side, and black on the other. For part of the game, like the end boss, you could base it off one of my posts I wrote, just visit this topic:
http://www.realityfactory.info/forum/vi ... sc&start=0 psYco didn't like it, however, you might. You don't have to follow it word by word, but it is a good base. If you want to contact me, E-Mail me Agentarrow1@gmail.com A cool phrase is "From darkness, comes forth the light" and one I think I read on the forums: The brightest light casts the darkest shadow. (the first one might be used in WitD) If you want to test your game, your team can E-Mail a test to me, I fully realize that it is fully your idea and won't use it in any of my games, I already have test copies from Scorch and Trougedoor122 so I am trustworthy.
AgentArrow Home

darksmaster923

Post by darksmaster923 » Wed Aug 15, 2007 6:30 am

dug up? i dont remember digging up anything, including first names. plus i dont like to dig. grounds too hard and i dont like shovels. and how do you bury first names?
Herp derp.

Agentarrow

Well, maybe dug up was the wrong thing...

Post by Agentarrow » Wed Aug 15, 2007 7:48 am

AgentArrow Home

mackietf024

wow sounds great agent arrow.^_^

Post by mackietf024 » Wed Aug 15, 2007 3:31 pm

if its ok i would like to modify some parts of your idea and come up with something new.^_^

Agentarrow

By all means.

Post by Agentarrow » Wed Aug 15, 2007 5:10 pm

I don't really care, heck I wanted people to modify it so that it's their idea and not mine that they are using.
AgentArrow Home

darksmaster923

Post by darksmaster923 » Sat Aug 18, 2007 5:04 pm

hmm..i had a gameplay idea for horror games that the area is pitch black, cant see anything but you have a small flashlight and a handgun. creatures etc will attack you from where you cant see them like if your looking one way theyll attack you from behind or the side so you cant see them.
Herp derp.

Destron

Post by Destron » Thu Sep 13, 2007 6:18 pm

darksmaster923 wrote:hmm..i had a gameplay idea for horror games that the area is pitch black, cant see anything but you have a small flashlight and a handgun. creatures etc will attack you from where you cant see them like if your looking one way theyll attack you from behind or the side so you cant see them.
that's cool for maybe 15 minutes of a game, after that it gets annoying. trust me on this. :P

Snake (like in MGS)

Post by Snake (like in MGS) » Tue Nov 13, 2007 11:29 pm

Black Pheonix- If you would like more ideas, try playing the games Jak 2 and Jak 3.
Missing: 1 brain.
Reward: I forget what that was...

Agentarrow

Post by Agentarrow » Wed Nov 14, 2007 3:39 am

Black Phoenix isn't on much... I e-mailed him and did't get a reply for a month so don't expect anything too soon, and this is an old dead topic sorry to say...
AgentArrow Home

BLACK_PHOENIX

Post by BLACK_PHOENIX » Wed Dec 12, 2007 3:49 am

this is an old dead topic sorry to say...
Not anymore.
Black Phoenix isn't on much... I e-mailed him and did't get a reply for a month so don't expect anything too soon
Ive been very busy for the past few months, and i no longer use that email address.
Last edited by BLACK_PHOENIX on Sat Nov 07, 2009 3:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.

zany_001

Post by zany_001 » Wed Dec 12, 2007 4:38 am

noice,noice.i would help but i got my own projects to do.
Once I was sad, and I stopped being sad and was awesome instead.
True story.