If you need ideas, names, storyline, whatever...post here!

Game Design, Story, Game Play.
Devoto

If you need ideas, names, storyline, whatever...post here!

Post by Devoto » Thu Apr 12, 2007 12:47 am

Hey everyone, both you who are new to RF and you who have been here since the beginning.

I'm the kind of guy with hundreds (if not thousands) of ideas who just can't find a good way to ventilate them. Well... I just might have found the way now :)

If you feel like you get stuck with storyline, need an idea for a name or just want to get some creativity out of your system this is the place to post!

Maybe this will end some of the name-poll threads that pops up every now and then. It would also be nice if any moderator(admin?) made this one sticky so I can keep helping people. I REAAAALLY need to get some ideas out of my head :?

Looking forward to helping you
//Devoto
Graviora manent...

BLACK_PHOENIX

Post by BLACK_PHOENIX » Thu Apr 12, 2007 4:36 am

well see i also have about 8 game project ideas and all of them are sitting there nagging me to work on them. i just cant think of anything.

the first one is a rpg game wich my team is really strugling with.

right now all i can tell yuou is that there are big massive monsters. and a dark figure inside your mind. you weild a huge blade that expands into many smaller blades that fly around you and kill everything. you have light and dark powers nd basically you have to save the world. i still dont have a good strong story that houses these things but im wondering if you got any ideas to further progress this game.

Devoto

Post by Devoto » Thu Apr 12, 2007 11:04 am

mm...RPG's... they are so easy to work with since you can let your imagination loose all over them...okaaay...lets see here...

To work with things like light vs. dark, and people inside your head you basically only need to sort one thing out and then work from there.
Why does he have a dark figure in is head? Why can he use those powers? Is it something that runs down his family? Maybe a magical artifact? Dark magic? Some kind of accident invovling magic?
There are way to many directions this story can take...

What if the dark figure is some kind of mage trying to control the main character? Maybe he is the killer of the characters family, and now haunts you? It could also be a sinister side of yourself like in the Prince of Persia: Two Thrones.
The magic might be from when he found/forged/was given his blade(s)? Maybe the mage trying to control him is accidentaly letting magic pour through the connection, making you stonger as the game goes on? Maybe dark and light magic can be refueled in different ways?
God I really wish you hade some more details :?

Well... if you make some specifications like.. Is he a royalty? names? enviroment? what kind of setting? etc. etc. and I can throw together a basic story summary and post it later.

I wish you all luck :)
//Devoto
Graviora manent...

Spyrewolf

Post by Spyrewolf » Thu Apr 12, 2007 10:43 pm

if your good inspiration, read Joseph Campbell's Hero with a thousand faces, lots of great story tellers have, used this text,

George lucas read this and adapted for star-wars,

here's a summary on wiki
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Hero_w ... sand_Faces

don't mean to steal your thunder deveto, just thought that this would be apropriate here. :wink:

also have found an intersting, coincidents here's a link applying the theory, it has a few changes but lay's the theory over starwars and harry potter just a bit down the page. interesting stuff

http://www.clickok.co.uk/index4.html

darksmaster923

Post by darksmaster923 » Thu Apr 12, 2007 10:57 pm

well, im thinking with a friend at school, wat about an assassination game? you get to pick an array of weapons, like PSG-1, M82A1, M40, Slienced Mk23 Socom, Slienced HiStandard, C4, Knife, Machete, stuf like tat. it will be more on stealth than shooting
Herp derp.

Devoto

Post by Devoto » Thu Apr 12, 2007 11:07 pm

Spyrewolf: That was some really good reading, thanks for the link :)

When I do my own stories I usually try to jump straight into the action, but that template is great to work from if you ever run out of ideas.

Darksmaster923: That would be like some combination of S.W.A.T 4 and the Hitman series then? It's hard to really justify assasinations and rounding it up niceley is even harder..
Background variations include sniper in the army, kicked from police academy, taught by the best, works for secret government, clone and so on. If you want the main character to be a good guy and not an anti-hero it could be tough to think of the "why". "why" does he kill? For money? Fame? To protect his family that is being held hostage?
I would need at least som frames to work within if you need help with anything. Any way it takes I wish you all the luck and make sure to keep the levels balanced for each weapon you can choose. Different spawning points?

Again.. thanks a lot for the links ^~^
//Devoto
Graviora manent...

darksmaster923

Post by darksmaster923 » Fri Apr 13, 2007 2:19 am

well, i was thinking more along the lines of mercenaries. ever played that? well basically in mercenaries ur a merc hired by the us to go into korea and kill all the, well this should show it
The AN top priority becomes to find and capture or kill Song before he is able to launch the missiles. After two weeks of searching fruitlessly for Song, the AN issues a "Deck of 52," (most-wanted war criminals playing cards - much like the one used in the Iraq War). The Clubs are members of Division 39, a state-sponsored mafia consisting of ministers in the government. The Diamonds are high-ranking military officials. The Hearts are noted scientists credited with developing nuclear, biological and chemical weapons. The Spades are General Song's all-female special forces squad and their male commanders. Song, of course, is the Ace of Spades. A 100 million U.S. dollar bounty is placed on his head, with the bounties on the other members of the Deck of 52 beginning at $10,000.
somthink like that
Herp derp.

zany_001

Post by zany_001 » Fri Apr 13, 2007 2:42 am

ive had an idea about an assassination game for a while now.tehre was going to be an assassins guild that is thousands of years old,and they approach you and ask you to join.they say that to join,you have to prove your worth by killing someone.there are training facilitys and you have to have escape routes,or you will get caught by bodyguards or police.you get paid for each hit ,and can buy weapons from gun stores.there is a big city,like in spiderman two,and yeah thats about it.
Once I was sad, and I stopped being sad and was awesome instead.
True story.

BLACK_PHOENIX

Post by BLACK_PHOENIX » Fri Apr 13, 2007 7:44 am

@darkmaster923: wow good to see we all have the same idea.coz one of my projects is an assaination game. i was going along the lines of smoking aces and shooter the movies. we could start working on a RF team project.

@Devoto: sorry i couldnt really remember everything from the game but im starting to get new ideas. when you said something about a mage it gave me a great idea for the characters history.

maybe the darkness comes from when the mage killed your family long ago when you where a child and the anger and evil built up in you. or the mage killed everyone exet for you. like in harry potter. you were to strong for his powers so he put a dark spell on you. or the blade that you use gives the powers.

my main idea is when the mage kills everyone you loved and you find a blade and kill him with it. when you kill him his dark energy flows into you.

anyway about details. the chracter is basically cloud from ff7 mixed with prince of persia and god of war.
the enviroment is fantasy also like ff7 and Pop/GoW yet with a touch of technology and magic.
the setting is in a chamber water thing(via purifico from ff10) with you sleeping in it. and you get flashbacks from when the mage killed your family and when you slaughter him. along the game you will learn of what happend. then you get this dark thought of evil inside and you wake up.
a friend walks in and says that you have to come with him.

so thats the begining. along the game you will find out what happend after the battle of the mage, how you got to that chamber and who your friends are, and about evrything else.

i dont really know what kind of details you want but i was digging through my art collection and found some pics:
Attachments
Scan10001.JPG
friend
(26.23 KiB) Downloaded 18 times
Scan10002.JPG
maybe another friend or you
(34.51 KiB) Downloaded 34 times
Scan1.JPG
mage
(42.24 KiB) Downloaded 21 times

BLACK_PHOENIX

Post by BLACK_PHOENIX » Fri Apr 13, 2007 8:03 am

(its only three pics per post)

these are all manga so just imagine them a little more releastic
Attachments
Scan10003.JPG
boy with axe
(38.12 KiB) Downloaded 23 times
Scan10004.JPG
small guy with orb
(40.44 KiB) Downloaded 23 times
Scan10006.JPG
monster
(58.66 KiB) Downloaded 37 times

Devoto

Post by Devoto » Fri Apr 13, 2007 12:58 pm

heh those pic are from "learn to draw manga" or somehing like that right? :P

That is a story I would really like to work with...hmm....evil flashbacks.....blood and gore.....violence.....yum yum family entertainment right? :twisted:

@zany: That kind of game would be awesome but not doable in RF I think.... you will have to put in massive amount of loading sections since it cannot draw that big distances.. RF2?(please give it to us now! :o )

Good luck Black_Phoenix and if there's any special part you need help with just ask :wink:
//Devoto
Graviora manent...

darksmaster923

Post by darksmaster923 » Sat Apr 14, 2007 12:02 am

Devoto wrote:heh those pic are from "learn to draw manga" or somehing like that right? :P

That is a story I would really like to work with...hmm....evil flashbacks.....blood and gore.....violence.....yum yum family entertainment right? :twisted:

@zany: That kind of game would be awesome but not doable in RF I think.... you will have to put in massive amount of loading sections since it cannot draw that big distances.. RF2?(please give it to us now! :o )

Good luck Black_Phoenix and if there's any special part you need help with just ask :wink:
//Devoto
not necessarily, in Neverwinter nights they divided the city into districts, and you could do that.

BLACK_PHEONIX maybe when im done with my game
Herp derp.

BLACK_PHOENIX

Post by BLACK_PHOENIX » Sat Apr 14, 2007 2:36 pm

yes those pics are from one of those books.

i would be thankful for any feedback and/or help with this game. i see that this community has great pottential to create something big.

im glad to hear that you(devoto) are happy to help and work on this game.

one thing i must point out is that we are not using RF. so dont worry about any factors of the game that rely on powerful engines.
Last edited by BLACK_PHOENIX on Sat Nov 07, 2009 3:44 pm, edited 3 times in total.

mackietf024

noob nid ideas

Post by mackietf024 » Tue Aug 14, 2007 5:53 am

ello pips.^_^ finaly i got here in rf,looks very sweet and promising.uhmm.im just a newbie and i was wondering if you can give me pointers or ideas on how to make a game similar to online games such as tantra or ran without the online concept.^_^ (online is not for rf yet,but hopefully soon it will.^_^ im hoping multiplayer comes first.^_^) thanks for the replies.^_^

scott

Post by scott » Tue Aug 14, 2007 4:13 pm

sorry i never played the game, whats it about, or is it similar to anything else?
*GD*