Medievil
No votes
Fantasy
No votes

Total votes: 10

Mallek

First Design

Post by Mallek » Mon Apr 23, 2007 4:37 am

Hi all. have a look at this poll and tell me what you think, (be completely honest).
The world is for the taking.
All it needs is one person to take it.
I consider my self to be that person.

darksmaster923

Post by darksmaster923 » Mon Apr 23, 2007 4:40 am

i havent seen a WW1 game yet. try that
Herp derp.

Mallek

Post by Mallek » Mon Apr 23, 2007 4:45 am

Thanks for the advice. i was leaning towards that one to begin with because it was anti-stereotypical.

darksmaster923

Post by darksmaster923 » Mon Apr 23, 2007 4:59 am

yes! erm, i mean good. make sure all the rifles are bolt action
Herp derp.

LtForce

Post by LtForce » Mon Apr 23, 2007 4:17 pm

Yeah, I voted on WW I because I haven't seen any games of this type too. But that could be really boring because reaload times were really long back then...and I don't even talk about "accuracy"
Lithuanians for Georgia!

psYco

Post by psYco » Mon Apr 23, 2007 5:59 pm

Well, I voted WWi for two reasons... the first being if i see another WWII game i will have to scream X/

next WWI, well i know NOTHING about it... which leads me to believe that other people might be quite ignorent on the matter like aswell... So I think that not only would it be a unique idea, but it would be fun to reaserch and also it might be quite educational, just to see what weapons they had back there... and what kinda veiachals they had etc...

so basically if a WWI game isnt made then we run the risk of todays kids forgetting all about it, and it might hapen again, okay i dont really know WHAT happend but im sure it was bad...

also i have this really great vision of some comic and interesting game play, I really wanna run at a nazi (or whatever they had back then) and fire over and over, with him firing back and both of us missing completely then meeting in the middle of the battle field and gouging eachother with our pointy rifle atachment bits, :twisted: it would be quite a joyfull massacre :P

well good luck with whatever project you choose... I really hope you make a WWI game tho :) and if you make a WWII game... then your just conforming to conform, when you COULD be conforming to being non-conforming with all us non-conformists who non-conform together to conform... :P

Juutis

Post by Juutis » Mon Apr 23, 2007 7:59 pm

psYco wrote:- it would be quite a joyfull massacre
Well that's exactly what it was. Exept for the joyful part.

Now, I'm not exactly sure about this, history was never my favourite subject in school, but anyway...
Thanks to the new weapons like machine guns and old tactics, the war was nothing but a slaughter. Remember the tactics they used in for example the American civil war in the 19th century? If you have watched Patriot (the movie), you will know. The soldiers just walked toward each other and when got close enough started shooting like hell. Well, the tactics weren't much more sophisticated in WWI... Both sides were camping in trenches and masses of charging soldiers were literally mown down by the machine gun fire. Diseases and bad hygiene killed as much people as bullets. Also, there was hardly any tanks or other vehicles, they were still quite primitive. I think the only cool thing about WWI was the airplanes and dogfights. They didn't have much effect on the outcome of the war but they were definately cool! :D
(I'm sorry if I'm totally lost here, someone with more knowledge please correct me if I'm wrong)

Anyway, yeah I would love to see a WWI game. Especially one where you play as a normal soldier, there are some games like Red Baron but they concentrate on flying and dogfights. It's time to fight the war in a normal soldier's perspective, too! Good luck on this one. :wink:

well good luck with whatever project you choose... I really hope you make a WWI game tho and if you make a WWII game... then your just conforming to conform, when you COULD be conforming to being non-conforming with all us non-conformists who non-conform together to conform...
Ok, I even checked the word 'conform' in the dictionary and still I don't get what you just said. :lol:
Though I think it doesn't matter much.
Pain is only psychological.

psYco

Post by psYco » Mon Apr 23, 2007 9:18 pm

@Juutis: WOW, WWI sounds like quite the war for an interesting game... I think it would be quite unique unlike all those WWII games, also it wouldent be hard in RF since you would really just need to make two teams, some trenches, and a space inbetween... obviously its not THAT simple, but still it would be different :D

okay now still @Juutis about the conforming thing, basically, its like, you know how goths try and be different by dressing black? well they are generally "non-conformists" but, technically there are sooo many goths, and to be accepted in the "comunity" you pretty much have to "conform" to be like them by dressing the same, so you are essentially "conforming" to being "non-conforming" which is what has happend (in my opinion) to the war game, it was a novel idea to start but now its become a little click of conformists in the games world, all of them doing things in very similar ways :?

*DISCLAIMER* I dont mean this in anyway against goths, I love goths, ask most of my frends and they would say im a goth wannabe, (which im not, I just like black loads) but yeah so no offence ment to any goths on the forum :D

WOW okay getting a BIT off topic, sorry... will talk more about this if you want juut on MSN :)

zany_001

Post by zany_001 » Tue Apr 24, 2007 1:07 am

In WW1,there werent any Nazis,but just Germans.They were allied with Austria-Hungary, and Italy I believe,altho i think italy would be wrong. Tanks were just starting to come out,invented and used by the British.The Germans never got past France,so no Battle of Britian.Hitler was a soldier in that war, and that was probably a large part of why he went mad. Biplanes were originally used as scouts,but were eventually used in full dogfights.I cant remeber if America entered,but if they did,then it was later oon in the war. The war started due to a spy shooting Archduke Franz Ferdinand,and his pregnant wife. Then Austria Hungary entered the war on Serbia's side, and everyones alliances came into play until most of Europe countries were in the war.

If you need more detail or info then just ask or google it.
Once I was sad, and I stopped being sad and was awesome instead.
True story.

darksmaster923

Post by darksmaster923 » Tue Apr 24, 2007 4:52 pm

and for weaponry look at http://world.guns.ru its a really good site
Herp derp.

Mallek

Post by Mallek » Fri Apr 27, 2007 6:14 am

wow! thanks for all of the feedback guys. the response is so clearly in favour of WWI, that i have decided to go ahead with it. would anyone we interested in helping me? i'm kinda a newbie at this (still)