DeAD (My Horror/mystery game)

Game Design, Story, Game Play.

Like the idea?

Yes I'd like to see it come into full fruition!
43%
No I really am not interested
No votes
I think its a excellent idea but your going to have to work for it
43%
Whats Gunner PINK?
14%

Total votes: 7

Gunner Pink

DeAD (My Horror/mystery game)

Post by Gunner Pink » Sat Apr 28, 2007 4:22 am

Okay heres the story of my game:

Keith (Main character) finds himself walking through a valley of grey, bleeding as helicopters speed by searching for something, as he continues he finds himself being taken care of by a mysterious young man in the middle of nowhere...

Then he wakes up, remembering nothing but his name...

He finds himself in the middle of "Lucifer" a City filled with the bodies of the dead, and ruins as far as the eye can see...

Can he unlock the mysteries of "Lucifer" and his past...?
Or become another body owned by the Lucifer City....

As well I wish to have Multiple endings, a leveling system,currency, and a custom weapon system that I've been working on forever (that isn't as complicated as you think)!

This is going to be my Full Length Game Project!

Gunner PINK Games
Last edited by Gunner Pink on Tue May 01, 2007 2:50 am, edited 2 times in total.
I'm insane! You are all sane and I'm the only INSANE ONE!

I'm Getting married!
YOU SEE!

I'm INSANE!

LtForce

Post by LtForce » Sat Apr 28, 2007 7:53 am

Sounds cool
Lithuanians for Georgia!

Anonymu$

Post by Anonymu$ » Sat Apr 28, 2007 5:06 pm

Cool one!
fill the idea good...
Wish you luck!
:)

Gunner Pink

Post by Gunner Pink » Sun Apr 29, 2007 2:00 am

Thanks!

Currently I've changed the main Characters name to Keith, and there will be a leading Lady named Chrissy.

I'm Getting married!
YOU SEE!

I'm INSANE!

Josh7356

Post by Josh7356 » Sun Apr 29, 2007 9:11 pm

Sounds freaky and mysterious. I like the idea! I say go for it. The only problem that I might see is the leveling system. Would you only be able to upgrade weapons and things like that because having a certain level character doesn't seem to do this game justice. This sounds like it would make a good quick paced action game with unknown danger lurking around every corner just waiting to jump out at you. Making it too rpgish might slow down the gamplay and excitment. Just my personal opinion. It might work if you do it right.

Gunner Pink

Post by Gunner Pink » Sun Apr 29, 2007 9:41 pm

The RPG System is not exactly nessisary, I don't want to make it totally RPGish and the weapon upgrade system has nothing to do with the Levelling system.

Think Dead Rising where the RPG system is there, but its not nessisary to defeat any enemy because I don't want people to be like "I need to be this level to get past this enemy" and then hunt for enemies to defeat because that would kill the horror/mystery aspect of the game.

I'm thinking the Levelling system will just be for Melee Weapons though, that way the game won't be at a snails pase for those who are ones to go around and level everything up in a game!

The upgrade system, will most likly be along the lines of Parts you can equipt onto your weapon and remove but only 1 part at a time like Scope, Ammo Compacity, Bullet Types, and things like that.

I also don't want the game to be something where your running around spounging up ammunition!

I'm Getting married!
YOU SEE!

I'm INSANE!

darksmaster923

Post by darksmaster923 » Sun Apr 29, 2007 11:26 pm

modding guns is going to be hard to do
Herp derp.

zany_001

Post by zany_001 » Mon Apr 30, 2007 12:39 am

Lucifer sounds evil,like i think its one of Satans names.sounds cool,if u have the determination to pull it through,then good on u.
Once I was sad, and I stopped being sad and was awesome instead.
True story.

Gunner Pink

Post by Gunner Pink » Mon Apr 30, 2007 2:36 am

Hell yeah!
And Lucifer is supposed to sound evil, its a city that was put under quarentine after a mysterious disaster.
It was not always called Lucifer though, but the Government named it that and illegally dumped bodies and prisoners in the area.
most survivors had gone insane from exposure to the harsh conditions of the city...

Yeah the Gun Mods arn't going to be easy but I've been working on it for a LONG time!

I'm Getting married!
YOU SEE!

I'm INSANE!

Josh7356

Post by Josh7356 » Mon Apr 30, 2007 2:54 am

Nice to hear that you got this leveling system all worked out. You seem to have thought this through pretty well. Can't wait to hear more info.

Gunner Pink

Post by Gunner Pink » Mon Apr 30, 2007 3:18 am

Yeah I've actually tryed it with a bunch of old projects I ditched when I was younger, but I eventually came up with an Idea on my school project SRIA with RF, and it worked well... the game was just a school project though I couldn't do anything with it!

I'm Getting married!
YOU SEE!

I'm INSANE!

psYco

Post by psYco » Mon Apr 30, 2007 10:31 am

Well the idea sounds awsome, at first I thought it might be a bit of a "oh its been done before thing" but the idea of the government kinda using it as a wasteland for prisoners and bodies is quite a unique idea, also all the decomposing bodys disease would run rife making it quite a disturbing place, I like the idea and hope u run with it :D

Gunner Pink

Post by Gunner Pink » Tue May 01, 2007 3:00 am

I'm trying to make something unique, but not too unique to the point where its overdone and a mess (Ahem* Enter the Matrix which was a MESS!).

I'm trying to develop something that I personally like, and trying to make the story make sense at the same time!

I've actually wrote a huge story for this, and went over it and made myself explainations for EVERYTHING to cover everything and get rid of plot holes!

As for the Weapon System:

I'm dulling it down, I don't much want to make this a game where your running around trying to get better parts...
I kind of want it to be that the player is going along and finds a part for a weapon and it just helps them along the way slightly or adds a new edge to combat.
I'm trying not to diminish the Horror Aspect of the game!

The Currency System:

I'm making money to be used in Vending Machines, and things like that because really whos going to be very alive in that city and willing to sell things?

I'm Getting married!
YOU SEE!

I'm INSANE!