My First Official Game Project!!!

Game Design, Story, Game Play.
BLACK_PHOENIX

My First Official Game Project!!!

Post by BLACK_PHOENIX » Mon Apr 30, 2007 9:45 am

"Devoured by hatred, eaten alive by evil. your mind,your soul is in sorrow.A dark mage had controlled our lands for some time, until he was slaughtered by your raging anger. With your family dead you have nothing to lose. You may have won the battle, leaving with honour and a broken soul. but your destiny is not complete. Evil has returned"

i have begun work on my first full length game. i have created a large document on the engine and structure of the game, and now im working on the story and script. to my advantage i still have three people on my team wich support and help my work.

the story basically goes on about a mage who controlled the land you live in.
he kills your family and you get angry and kill him. order is restored and you become the hero. then were the game comes in is where the mages son comes to your land for revenge. he is the leader of a group who control mighty beasts and he lays chaos on your land. after a meaty part of the game you kill him and regain order and good.

thats a simple template for the game story.

whats still to be written is an actual plot and history and objective forb the main character. i have many things on my mind wich i want to add like the massive blade wich carries evil.and the light and dark powers.

I have many wild ideas and really want to progress further with this game.

i plan on releasing a demo to show some concepts of the look and feel of the game and to show what kind of engine im using.

i wouldnt mind feedback on the story or the upcoming demo to help me create the best action rpg game.

zany_001

Post by zany_001 » Mon Apr 30, 2007 10:04 am

Sound awesome!!!!
Once I was sad, and I stopped being sad and was awesome instead.
True story.

BLACK_PHOENIX

Post by BLACK_PHOENIX » Fri May 04, 2007 11:17 am

Big changes

Its now a trilogy. theres a legend about a chamber wich holds a deamon of great power. it is said that the person who can find the chamber and its key(the blade of the deamon) will be granted any power or thing they want from the deamon.(the deamon was actually evil and was sealed away long ago. it got a curse where it could not get out unless a mortal being used its sword to unlock the chamber, you do not know this from the begining).

your father is the king and he has found the blade.you just joined his army and serve along side him in his royalty. the kings friend/apprentice or vice king is the mage. he also has a son your age(19). your fathers army find the chamber. the king,you,the mage and his son go down to the chamber and you are asked to open the entrance to the deamons chamber. you take the heavy sword and attempt to put it in the keyhole in the ground. suddenly the sword gets sucked in and a massive light beam emits from it. a huge air wave explodes and you black out.

you wake up where you were last time with the sword but everyone is gone. all the walls are darker and ruined. this is where the gameplay starts and where you control the player. probably he first mission would be to escape the chamber and return to ground.

this will be the main plot in the first game. at the end when the mage reaches the chamber again he gets killed by the deamon inside. you then go in and kill the deamon. after the deamon dies, his dark soul goes inside you. then in the second game you have the sinister dark side of yourself which is the deamon in your mind.this gives you the dark abilities that i wanted.

this pretty much fits in with my previous ideas.

so what do you think?

LtForce

Post by LtForce » Fri May 04, 2007 3:45 pm

This sounds quite good. I like that you're not a king and you should do some massive battles(if your engine can handle it) because fighting not as a king but as a simple soldier among other soldiers would rock!!!

P.S.:No offence, but don't you change your plans too often :? ? Because I've seen alot of your new game project threads
Lithuanians for Georgia!

BLACK_PHOENIX

Post by BLACK_PHOENIX » Sat May 05, 2007 5:52 am

thanks!!

thats probably my biggest problem. i keep changing all my ideas and never get anything. im pretty sure that this time ive gotten a great idea into the game. so i think ill stick with this storyline and keep progressing with it without any changes.

im not really worrying about the engine. i can pretty much do anything i want. i have many engines in sight like torque advanced and ogre3d.
im really interested in neoaxis as its getting better and better every release.
i also have an option of using my own engine as it would help me to create the game using an engine specifically made for it. i also have many stratergies and tricks on maing big levels and creatures efficiently so the engine can handle them at reasonable frame rates.