sci fi game idea

Game Design, Story, Game Play.
firelord

sci fi game idea

Post by firelord » Wed Jun 27, 2007 11:05 pm

first a little about my self.started programming in basic in the eighties making text adventure games.found rf the middleware software i was looking for to prototype my game ideas.any way my game idea:
the year 2197. we have advanced in space travel and can now reach 5 or 6 solar systems away from earth. a team of scientists have been sent to a planet in the 4th solar system(need to look up what that solar system is called): and have found a entrance deep in the caves of this planet.you are a scientist and have been sent to investigate more.when you get there one of the other team have carbon dated a piece of the entrance and it is over 3 million years old.you go back to the commmand post.the team find away into the entrance and enter inside .that was 15 hours ago and you have lost contact with your team. you decide to invistigate and enter the cave system.there is no sign of your team.you move forward deep inside.there is alien technology every where in this complex.your first task will be to find the main control room, but there is no power,
first mission: find away to turn the power on
once the power is on, you open accidently open 10 prisoner holding cells
in the complex (7th level down in the game)they have alien monsters of some sort in them.thats as far as i got on the main story.
but the aim of the game is to turn on an arc in the complex which in turn opens a worm hole letting the aliens come through the arc you must find away to destroy the arc.(to destroy the arc you must travell through the arc and destroy it the over side trapping your self in an alien world.the end! what do you think any good.
any ideas to make it better.

firelord

sci fi game

Post by firelord » Wed Jun 27, 2007 11:08 pm

oh yes the game will be 3rd person

LtForce

Post by LtForce » Wed Jun 27, 2007 11:16 pm

in my opinion - text adventure games rule!! Anyway, your game idea is used many times before. You should think of something more original, because there are lots of good games in this theme and I don't really think you will be able to make better for your first game so in this case game's idea may save you. Maybe that scientist finds alien war tech in that cave (no alien monsters and stuff - just old and already disappeared civilization) and war between humans start for that technology...But if you want to make simple first game your idea is just perfect
Lithuanians for Georgia!

VilySoftworks

My Opinion

Post by VilySoftworks » Tue Sep 25, 2007 11:01 pm

You have good game ideas. But you need to give the story a conflict. What's the conflict of your game? Make it up. As long as your story has a good conflict, your game will basically be good, regarless of playability and graphics.

My suggestion: expound your story. Make entries and exits throughout your plot but make them all go to a central axis, which will be the theme, your message, to your audience.

Thank you for your attention.

firelord

game idea

Post by firelord » Tue Sep 25, 2007 11:06 pm

this is a old thread and am working on a new game idea and do not really look at this thread any more
thanks for the interest