sort of...
43%
Not really...
43%

Total votes: 7

Agentarrow

Listen to this...

Post by Agentarrow » Sun Jul 01, 2007 4:43 pm

I have come up with a partial design for a game that anyone can use if they want.
It's called HALF ROBOT, it has no characters or enemies, only a rather small world. You'd have to create most of it yourself, but if you really want a head start. I'll post it on this forum as a reply as long as I can find it when I'm done and ready to post it.

HALF ROBOT

IN THE YEAR 4050, A HERO FROM THE PAST WILL SAVE THE FUTURE.
basically, it's a FPS about people who bring a hero killed in the 21st century back to life as a cyborg to save the future of mankind. Sounds cool huh? I'm almost done, except for the fact that I need someont to tell me some free software i can get so I can make the opening cutscene and to make the menu for the game and if I can't find this to post it when I'm done, I can't help you guys (oh, I can post a file on this right? if not, I'll have to find a way to get it to the good peoplle here on RF. also, if I don't get enough people liking the idea by the time I finish, It'll be cancelled.
(please don't vote more than once)
AgentArrow Home
The greater good is but a point of view...

LtForce

Post by LtForce » Sun Jul 01, 2007 9:07 pm

You should post more, because you only told us about who is main character.
Lithuanians for Georgia!

Juutis

Post by Juutis » Mon Jul 02, 2007 8:48 am

Well, it's not the most unique idea. I think you should tell us more about the storyline and gameplay, this whole save-the-world-as-a-cyborb-from-the-past idea doesn't really make me want to play or develope the game. No offence, but I think even a little child could come up with this stuff. :?
it has no characters or enemies, only a rather small world
Does that mean that the finished game will not have any NPCs? Or the game so far doesn't have them?
If the finished game won't have any, then I wouldn't call it a shooter, since there wouldn't be anything to shoot. I think it would make the game more interesting and unique, though. Then I would play it. :wink:
Pain is only psychological.

Ryan

Post by Ryan » Mon Jul 02, 2007 4:52 pm

Ill have to go with juutis on this one. It just sounds like another "robots save the world" type game. It is such a kicked and worn out game theme (at least i think so) How long have you been using RF by the way? I take it from your posts that each level is a small world. I have tried to make some "world levels" with terrain and such and i got discouraged after a few days since I am still kinda a "noob". Anyhoo, I woud personally like to see somthing more unique.

Cheers mate
Those who have all the answers, are never up to date on the questions.

Agentarrow

more about it

Post by Agentarrow » Wed Jul 04, 2007 11:23 am

It's really just a basic thing that anyone could develop into whatever they wanted, just to help whoever is stuck in their head and want a pre-done base to go off of. I kind of left it as an empty 3D world for them to finish themselves, however I just got a software to do textures and 3D modeling so I might just go and create the characters myself and then it could just be the first level of a long game. But if you want more, There is a group (unnamed, come up with your own name!) that has been secretly been building an army for years, and now they have 1 billion soldiers in space stations orbiting Earth. They are ready to be launched and will destroy all unless they are confirmed to be the new rulers of the planet. Another secret group has been watching this and decide that they will try to stop this madness before the world leaders give up their power. They begin the process of bringing a 21st century war hero back to life via a process that requires only a single cell with his DNA. Aboul halfway through the process, the invasion begins. The lab is destroyed and the hero brought back to life with only two limbs and a not-quite-done head. Quickly getting him on Artificial Life support, they begin an operation at a robotics lab to finish the job. The result is less than perfect, and they have little faith in their new creation. But their new creation is determined to destroy this evil, even if he has to hack down 1 billion soldiers to do it.

not super original, but it's a start. I hope to find out how exactly I'm supposed to get the file as a download so anyone can see it. It's very basic because I didn't want to act like I was just going to create it all for you, just give anyone who is stuck a basic boost to take it how they want, as for menu and cutscenes, I've decided not to do them.
AgentArrow Home

Agentarrow

Post by Agentarrow » Wed Jul 04, 2007 12:08 pm

Ryan wrote:How long have you been using RF by the way? I take it from your posts that each level is a small world. I have tried to make some "world levels" with terrain and such and i got discouraged after a few days since I am still kinda a "noob"
I actually haven't been using it all that long, actually only about three months. Before that I had the old Genesis3D 1.0 made in 1999. With that, I kind of limited myself to space stations because they were easy, but Now I have kind of expanded. In one of my levels for another game, I kind of just left my canyon square. I don't know how to make good terrain, so I kind of just left the terrain basic and HALF ROBOT takes place inside of a building. I have found that if you make each level a small "world" it ends up easier because you can keep your filesizes minimal and edit only the part you want to. Then when you're done, there is a gamebuilder software included with RF that allows you to put multiple projects together and make a game. I have learned, that you shouldn't give up, don't get discouraged or ask someone else to do it just because the going gets tough. (I actually learned that quite recently on the forums) see "more available" in the "feature requests" area
AgentArrow Home

Agentarrow

Judging by the poll...

Post by Agentarrow » Fri Jul 06, 2007 12:47 pm

Judging by the poll, I probably won't post the world. I hope that anyone that likes it will just create what they want from the posts I provided.
AgentArrow Home