Noob starts

Game Design, Story, Game Play.
JoshRyan

Noob starts

Post by JoshRyan » Thu Sep 01, 2005 6:15 pm

Sup, peeps? I'm a noob to RF but I've been working with Torque and Genesis3D for almost 3 years now. Anyways, I haven't begun anything with RF except a download. I'm starting a Thief-like game (short and simple) and will learn the interface of RF while doing so. Anyways, the game is actually Christian. No violence or anything like that. The game's story I will only release once I'm completed which should be by next summer. I have a couple of friends helping...and the online tutorials.

AndyCR

Post by AndyCR » Thu Sep 01, 2005 7:29 pm

sounds great - love the Christian aspect. kind of a sneaking-if-you-would-have-to-use-your-gun-the-missions-lost-anyway game? "true spy"?

ZenBudha

Post by ZenBudha » Thu Sep 01, 2005 9:58 pm

Christian...non-violence...you have read your history books haven't you? lol

Just kidding sounds interesting. First time I heard of Prisoner at War it didn't sound that fun. Yet once I played it I loved the All Stealth aspect of it.

I just think calling a game a "christian" game and calling it a "non-violent" game are two different things. Christian games have christian themes. Non-violent games are non-violent. I mean you could make a game about the crusades that was a "christian" game but not a "non-violent" one.

I'm a christian by the way so I'm not poking fun at them or you. I just don't try to pretend we're really peacefull people. lol

AndyCR

Post by AndyCR » Thu Sep 01, 2005 10:11 pm

never knew that, zen, really glad to hear it...