Maybe
57%
Don't know
No votes

Total votes: 7

FragMatic

Front Line Soldiers - Modern Combat [LOCK PLZ]

Post by FragMatic » Tue Jul 17, 2007 8:02 pm

IF YOU READ FURTHER, YOU ACCEPT THAT THIS IS NOT YOUR IDEA.

This game is in the setting of a non-fictional land, in a non-fictional world. They have the normal weapons, though, like the AK-47, M4A1,...
You are the leader of the Omega Squad, the elite soldiers of the Western Alliance. It is war against the Eastern Empire. The reason is: Scientists discovered a chip, who containst all desicions made and tactics used by the greatest rulers of the world. The government knows that this chip may be the key to ruling the world. So, they build up an army, and are planning a massive invasion of the tirans of the East, the Eastern Empire. They send some spies into the grounds of WA, and they steal the chip. So WA sends in its army to get the chip back. This army is just a diversionary tactic, and the ones who must really recover the chip, is your squad, Omega Squad.

Italic: Cutscene
Bold: text that appears on your screen

Intro: (If I can make this, looking for a free program)
You see many soldiers fighting, and the reader says: These are the soldiers of the greatest war, the world has ever seen. More soldiers than the army of Alexander The Great are fighting here today. For one little thing. A piece of vital information.
*Camera switches to a little chip*
This is the chip, that can conquer the world, that can make anyone invincible. You... have to get it back.
*Camera switches to a small squad*
But you're not alone. Lead your squad through the darkest places, filled with blood, from other citizens of this world. You are the elite squadron of the whole universe. You are the Omega Squad.
*Icon of the game appears*
Lead your squad through battles. Lead your squad through the war. Lead your squad to victory. Lead your squad to immortality!
*Icon appears again, with beneath it: Front Line Soldiers - Modern Combat*

"Omega Squad, do you hear me? I repeat, do you hear me? Over."
"We hear you right and clear, Captain. Over."
"We are pinned down in the main street. We need immediate support. Over."
"Affirmative, Captain. We're coming to save your ass. Over and out!"

Take your squad to the main street before the captain dies!

Here, you take lead of your squad of elite troops, the Omega Squad. You must take your squad through the streets of M'Haluh and make sure your team gets out alive.

Many missions are following this one.

Will this game work? Make sure you also visit the topic 'Help needed [Front Line Soldiers]' to help me.
Last edited by FragMatic on Sat Jul 21, 2007 10:52 am, edited 1 time in total.

darksmaster923

Re: Front Line Soldiers - Modern Combat

Post by darksmaster923 » Tue Jul 17, 2007 8:15 pm

let me ask some important questions
FragMatic wrote:Scientists discovered a chip, who containst all desicions made and tactics used by the greatest rulers of the world.
A. Why does it contain all desicions and tactis
B. How did it get this infomation
C. how did they discover it
D. How does the chip work
FragMatic wrote:This game is in the setting of a non-fictional land, in a non-fictional world. They have the normal weapons, though, like the AK-47, M4A1,...
A.What world is it?
B.Why do they have these weapons
(PS: include M16 :P lol )
FragMatic wrote:The government knows that this chip may be the key to ruling the world. So, they build up an army, and are planning a massive invasion of the tirans of the East, the Eastern Empire.
A. Why would they attack
B. How would the governemt rule the world with a chip
FragMatic wrote:You are the leader of the Omega Squad, the elite soldiers of the Western Alliance.
A. Why are you the leader
B. Why do you work for Western Alliance
C. Why is Omega elite
Herp derp.

FragMatic

Post by FragMatic » Tue Jul 17, 2007 8:39 pm

darksmaster923 wrote:let me ask some important questions
FragMatic wrote:Scientists discovered a chip, who containst all desicions made and tactics used by the greatest rulers of the world.
FragMatic wrote:This game is in the setting of a non-fictional land, in a non-fictional world. They have the normal weapons, though, like the AK-47, M4A1,...
A.What world is it?
FragMatic wrote:The government knows that this chip may be the key to ruling the world. So, they build up an army, and are planning a massive invasion of the tirans of the East, the Eastern Empire.
A. Why would they attack
FragMatic wrote:You are the leader of the Omega Squad, the elite soldiers of the Western Alliance.
C. Why is Omega elite
Damn you are a difficult one... I'll try to answer these questions tomorrow

zany_001

Post by zany_001 » Tue Jul 17, 2007 8:41 pm

Assuming your going to be modeling all your charachters yourself,and animating them, then you can use your modelling program to make a video like that. Possibly if your using a low-end program like Milkshape3D, then you might not be able to do that,in which case i could possibly do the video for you if you give me sum models, and i work out a few things about blender.

Some of the things like
Lead your squad through battles. Lead your squad through the war. Lead your squad to victory. Lead your squad to immortality!
sound a bit too long,and/or cliche.
Once I was sad, and I stopped being sad and was awesome instead.
True story.

darksmaster923

Post by darksmaster923 » Tue Jul 17, 2007 8:49 pm

FragMatic wrote:
A.What world is it?
A. Why would they attack
C. Why is Omega elite
Damn you are a difficult one... I'll try to answer these questions tomorrow
well its absolutely nessesary becuase u are a game designer.
Herp derp.

ardentcrest

Post by ardentcrest » Tue Jul 17, 2007 8:59 pm

I think it's time to start a new topic and a new site :wink: to help all these newbees and oldbees....

Will start to work on it.
He's a Bot Jim, But not as we know It.

paradoxnj
RF2 Dev Team

Post by paradoxnj » Tue Jul 17, 2007 9:01 pm

IMHO, there are way too many games based on war. What ever happened to a good survival horror game. The only game franchises out there in that genre are Resident Evil and Silent Hill. At least they are the only good ones... Alone in the Dark was a good game for it's time also.

ardentcrest

Post by ardentcrest » Tue Jul 17, 2007 9:07 pm

I love Silent Hill. got all the games. the film and I play the theme to Silent Hill 2 all the time.

Touch me I'm real. ( GOD I WISH YOU WERE )
That is one SEXY LADY..........................
He's a Bot Jim, But not as we know It.

FragMatic

Post by FragMatic » Wed Jul 18, 2007 10:44 am

B. How did it get this infomation >> Someone put it on a chip at the end of the world
C. how did they discover it >> By searching stuff from the old times (archeologists n stuff)
D. How does the chip work > Put it in a computer and your computer will read it... :p
A.What world is it? >> They call it: Home Planet
B.Why do they have these weapons >> Because most players don't like sci-fi games
A. Why would they attack >> To rule the world...
B. How would the governemt rule the world with a chip >> already said that
A. Why are you the leader >> because you are the best of them and you have the most experience
B. Why do you work for Western Alliance >> because you were born there its your homecountry
C. Why is Omega elite >> they are highly trained soldiers who were selected by the president of WA himself

Juutis

Post by Juutis » Wed Jul 18, 2007 11:19 am

The background story is just one big cliché. People killing people to rule the world, ever seen that before? :wink:
I agree with paradoxnj, there are too many games based on war.

However, that doesn't mean that the game is going to be bad. In games like this I don't really care about the background as long as the missions and gameplay are interesting. So I voted 'Maybe'. Although the story is a bit cheap the game itself might turn out to be fantastic. Or the worst ever. Or anything in between.

So, good luck on this project. :)

PS. I like that the weapons aren't made up. But please, make some unordinary weapons too. I'm kinda tired to seeing the AK, M4, M16, MP5 etc... in every game!
Pain is only psychological.

FragMatic

Post by FragMatic » Wed Jul 18, 2007 1:19 pm

Juutis wrote:PS. I like that the weapons aren't made up. But please, make some unordinary weapons too. I'm kinda tired to seeing the AK, M4, M16, MP5 etc... in every game!
Maybe a minigun or a flamethrower? Or an AK with scope?... Any ideas? :D

Juutis

Post by Juutis » Wed Jul 18, 2007 2:09 pm

FragMatic wrote:Maybe a minigun or a flamethrower? Or an AK with scope?... Any ideas?
What I meant was that there are other assault rifles too than AK, M4 and the usual ones. :wink:
Browse some gun sites (for example http://world.guns.ru/) and you may find some really cool guns.

And yeah, flamers and miniguns are always fun to shoot, so they wouldn't hurt the game. :D
Pain is only psychological.

FragMatic

Post by FragMatic » Wed Jul 18, 2007 4:51 pm

Juutis wrote:
FragMatic wrote:Maybe a minigun or a flamethrower? Or an AK with scope?... Any ideas?
What I meant was that there are other assault rifles too than AK, M4 and the usual ones. :wink:
Browse some gun sites (for example http://world.guns.ru/) and you may find some really cool guns.

And yeah, flamers and miniguns are always fun to shoot, so they wouldn't hurt the game. :D
Like Team Fortress, but offline... And in 2010 with RF2 online! :P

This one maybe? http://world.guns.ru/smg/smg13-e.htm

darksmaster923

Post by darksmaster923 » Wed Jul 18, 2007 5:26 pm

Herp derp.

LtForce

Post by LtForce » Wed Jul 18, 2007 6:18 pm

Miniguns are too non-realistic. I have great laughs seeing a guy running with minuguns in both hands ar still shooting accuratly. I don't think that game creaters have ever held a mingun. I've held(and even shoot with it, because my dad is a soldier so he cal let me shoot sometimes) AK-47. And it's not that easy
Lithuanians for Georgia!