Destron's Game Thread

Game Design, Story, Game Play.
darksmaster923

Post by darksmaster923 » Wed Aug 22, 2007 4:58 am

nice weapon.
sorry to be a pain but you might want to slant the end at a 45 degree angle so its not so boxy
Herp derp.

Destron

Post by Destron » Wed Aug 22, 2007 6:17 am

Thanks for the tip, I'll get to that in a bit.
Right now I added some ironsights and switched the bottom of the chamber around.

Agentarrow

You aren't that bad

Post by Agentarrow » Wed Aug 22, 2007 6:57 am

You're definately better at modeling than me, but then again, I've only had a modeling program for about a week. I like your weapons. they are very wll thought out. The turret, although you could have fewer polys, It would still work fine if you're lazy like me. :twisted: I am currently terrible at scripting, so if anyone would like to help me, I'll gladly accept help. Anyway, I like your ideas Destron. They are very good. The story... you didn't post it yet did you??? nope, didn't think so. Oh well, I do like it and if you want some help on the story, I wrote a book (never did find a publisher) anyway, I'm flowing with Ideas, Just say the word. PM, E Mail, or post, whatever floats your boat. ( if you don't like your boat) Now I'm just rambling so I'm gonna stop.
AgentArrow Home
The greater good is but a point of view...

darksmaster923

Post by darksmaster923 » Wed Aug 22, 2007 5:27 pm

i never could get the hang of wings. but anyway...
i actually perfer the chamber on the left side. then you can see the bullets fly out.
2 suggestions
to make the gun less boxy try extruding and scaling the top like this (warning text art)

and teh 2nd suggestion
ur iron sights are like this(more text art)

_ _
/-\ | | /-\
/ \_|__|__/ \

add a box on the rear sights
like this (OMG TEXT ART! im a text artist! :P)
__
/-\ __|__|___ /-\
/ \_Box here / \
Herp derp.

Destron

Post by Destron » Wed Aug 22, 2007 5:35 pm

That makes absolutely no sense to me, sorry. xD

darksmaster923

Post by darksmaster923 » Wed Aug 22, 2007 5:37 pm

i hope you got the first suggestion.

the second sugesstion is to add a box to teh rear sight

|| ||
||____|_|___||
||Addboxhere||
||__________||
Herp derp.

Destron

Re: You aren't that bad

Post by Destron » Wed Aug 22, 2007 7:25 pm

Agentarrow wrote:You're definately better at modeling than me, but then again, I've only had a modeling program for about a week. I like your weapons. they are very wll thought out. The turret, although you could have fewer polys, It would still work fine if you're lazy like me. :twisted: I am currently terrible at scripting, so if anyone would like to help me, I'll gladly accept help. Anyway, I like your ideas Destron. They are very good. The story... you didn't post it yet did you??? nope, didn't think so. Oh well, I do like it and if you want some help on the story, I wrote a book (never did find a publisher) anyway, I'm flowing with Ideas, Just say the word. PM, E Mail, or post, whatever floats your boat. ( if you don't like your boat) Now I'm just rambling so I'm gonna stop.
Meh, I've only been using Wings3D for about a week or two, and I'm still learning the tools. I'm not an awesome modeler, I just know how to model guns. ;)
Personally, I don't think it's really well "thought-out", I just let the process breathe a bit and progress. I start with simple primtives and keep editing them until they turn into what I want. :P
I'm really worried about modeling and animating characters and creatures, especially humans.

Agentarrow

Hmm

Post by Agentarrow » Wed Aug 22, 2007 8:07 pm

Well, I only model vehicles. (it's a sad fact) :oops: Anyway, I hope to start on something organic soon. I'm not too bad with MS3D, but not yet good at organic things. As for weapons, I haven't started any, but I could brobably start soon and i'm just rambling again.
AgentArrow Home

Destron

Post by Destron » Wed Aug 22, 2007 8:20 pm

Hehe, I should get to work on some vehicles. The cool thing about modeling for a sci-fi game is that you don't have to keep too close to real-life objects.
:lol:

I'm going to need to some crashed/bashed cars for my project, so that should be fun. :)

Agentarrow

Fun Fun Fun

Post by Agentarrow » Wed Aug 22, 2007 8:38 pm

yeah, crashing and bashing is fun, something I might do later (with another game) is that, since the game is inside a computer, and all the vehicles ard data, when you crash a car at high speeds, The crash will literally be stretching and cramming the data. like, when it crashes, I can heve part of the car stretch outwrd and cram backwards.
AgentArrow Home

MakerOfGames

Post by MakerOfGames » Fri Oct 05, 2007 4:15 pm

I really hate to post this info for you Destron, but the game name fracture has been taken. Its a game in production for the ps3 and xbox 360
"http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fracture_(video_game)"
(I couldn't get the link to work right so its just the url)

Nice models btw!
Think outside the box.
To go on an adventure, one must discard the comforts and safety of the known and trusted.

Destron

Post by Destron » Fri Oct 05, 2007 4:57 pm

:oops: :cry:

(swears under his breath)

I had a great logo worked out and everything, too...

well, that's life. :roll:

...thanks for the info, MoG.

MakerOfGames

Post by MakerOfGames » Fri Oct 05, 2007 5:19 pm

I have had this happen to me too. With my first "game company" name. I had a great logo and everything and refered to it amung my friends for about a year. Then I choose to google it just to see if it was taken, and IT WAS!!! :evil: So that ended that name for me. I had to think up a new one. It wasn't easy either. Because of that experience I now google names before I decide use them.

I know what it's like and thats why I hated to tell you, but I had to.
Think outside the box.
To go on an adventure, one must discard the comforts and safety of the known and trusted.

steven8

Post by steven8 » Fri Oct 05, 2007 9:55 pm

I find Wings 3D very difficult to use. Your models look great, Destron!!
Steve Dilworth - Resisting change since 1965!

Destron

Post by Destron » Fri Oct 05, 2007 10:37 pm

Well, *cough*
They were in my Wings3D folder and I forgot to back them up when I reinstalled windows... :lol: