RPG

Game Design, Story, Game Play.
FragMatic

RPG

Post by FragMatic » Mon Aug 20, 2007 7:38 pm

First, I was planning TO: OC, but a friend asked for making an RPG. Is this possible with RF, and have u guys got any tips for my 3D modeling of creatures?
And can we make continents like in MorroWind or not?

Destron

Post by Destron » Mon Aug 20, 2007 11:58 pm

First, what's TO:OC?

Anyway, as to your question about morrowind maps:
I believe that you can make continent-like maps with RF. Although technically possible, I defenitely wouldn't suggest making the whole thing into one level. Plan out your game world and split it into chunks that you can make separately. You'll notice that in Morrowind (which I'm currently playing :P), that when you're traveling through the country, every once in a while you'll hit a "loading environment" message. If you try put the whole world into one game map, it'll take forever to load and won't work on systems which have less memory.

If you're wondering how to model, creatures, just use Google and search for modeling tutorials. The internet has a surplus of tutorials for different 3D programs, chances are you'll find something for your software. :)

FragMatic

Post by FragMatic » Tue Aug 21, 2007 9:35 am

Thanks!
TO:OC would be Team Omega: Omega Crisis. Then with RF 2 I would make an online game too. It's a game with a minigunner, soldier, medic,...

Destron

Post by Destron » Tue Aug 21, 2007 5:02 pm

Ah.
Oh! And if you're planning on an RPG/Adventure game, it would be totally incomplete without character/NPC interactions. Check out S.c.u.r.f. - I haven't tried it myself, but people seem to like it. :)