Prehistoria: Caveman games are cool!! ooga booga!!!

Game Design, Story, Game Play.
Agentarrow

Post by Agentarrow » Tue Sep 11, 2007 3:59 am

you're right scott. And, sorry to change the topic creeper. It is a good Idea, but there was a game that my friend got called Tribes, and that had a free demo that had half of one of the middle levels, and it got you hooked, then you could download a version for five USD that had the full first level and the full middle level from the free demo plus online play with three character selection, then the full version for 35 USD (released later) had all the levels, four online battlefields and twenty character online selection. I was thinking something more like that though. Anyway, back to creepers topic, The animals are hard to model, however you are making a cartoony game, and you could probably make them with sharp, less rounded edges so that they look cartoony. Trees are pretty easy too, If you would like, I could E-Mail you a cartoony tree, in ms3d format.
AgentArrow Home
The greater good is but a point of view...

creeper

Post by creeper » Wed Sep 12, 2007 12:26 am

It's going to be a while before I start learning to model, texture and animate. First I'll have to learn my way around RF, the editors, and the scripting. But at the same time I like to work out details of my "target" game. I have an 8-hour day job,.. so this is going to take a while.

One problem I forsee with Prehistoria is that,.. this game mostly takes place outdoors. Volcanos,.. T-Rex,.. rock formations. And everyone says that RF can't handle outdoor environments. As if the engine chokes if you make a map with a skydome instead of a ceiling.

zany_001

Post by zany_001 » Wed Sep 12, 2007 3:01 am

you can use RF form outdoors, perhaps ask Jay(?) about his RPG, how he did it.It does work just you have to change certin things.
Once I was sad, and I stopped being sad and was awesome instead.
True story.

scott

Post by scott » Thu Sep 13, 2007 12:55 am

make sure you have a far clip plane set, this will kill everything past this point, and at xmas (hopefuly) QoD will bring suport for graphics cards, this will enable very fast processing of unrenderd polygons i belive.
*GD*

creeper

Post by creeper » Fri Sep 14, 2007 12:23 am

scott wrote: at xmas (hopefuly) QoD will bring suport for graphics cards, this will enable very fast processing of unrenderd polygons i belive.
I thought RF already supported graphics hardware. Unless you're talking about the map editor, which uses software renderer only.

scott

Post by scott » Fri Sep 14, 2007 12:26 am

no, rf dont use the graphics cards functions at all, i do belive but stand to be corrected the only use for the grphics card with rf is its memory
*GD*

creeper

Post by creeper » Fri Sep 14, 2007 12:43 am

scott wrote:no, rf dont use the graphics cards functions at all, i do belive but stand to be corrected the only use for the grphics card with rf is its memory

I swear the demos that are available in RF don't use software renderer. It looks 3d accelerated to me. The textures are smooth and I see no pixels. Are we talking about the same thing?

scott

Post by scott » Fri Sep 14, 2007 1:59 am

yea im sure, it uses direct x7, pre grpahic cards ability age, direct x 9 is going to be implemented wich then uses all the features of graphics cards, i think its just because the demos are so good, but please correct me if i am wrong as i have always been led to belive that rf works this way for the last 2 or 3 years.
*GD*