True Existance. getting back on track

Game Design, Story, Game Play.

Should I revamp the whole project like another HalfLife or should I first build som prototype demos.

REVAMP, Some things that should work don't, and there interfering with progress.
No votes
PROTOTYPE, I wan't to see some demos, So what if they don't work very well. Give me an Idea of how this is going to play.
100%

Total votes: 4

paradoxnj
RF2 Dev Team

Post by paradoxnj » Tue Jan 01, 2008 12:37 am

It's always better to refactor than rewrite if it can be helped. Sometimes there is just no other way than to rewrite. I ran into a lot of this with Jet3D. I still am. :roll: I had to rewrite the entire rendering core to take full advantage of DirectX 9's pipelines. The file formats are the same as is the rendering methods. I am finding that I will have to rewrite the rendering method that the BSP uses. It's subtractive and realtime like Unreal is. It's terribly inefficient because it sends one poly at a time to the renderer. I had to write my own poly caching class for it.

As for releasing a demo, don't....first impressions can mean everything. To release something that has known problems is not really showcasing your game at all. This is true especially if the problems are related to features.
Many Bothans died to bring you this signature....

fps
Location: in a magical land devoid of hope, happiness, and sanity.

Post by fps » Tue Jan 01, 2008 6:10 pm

I like this suggestion.
I figured out that the animations that were not plaing correctly are missing because they are on my old computer.
I cant seem to get my files from my new computer to my old computer, it says the burnt disk has used space but wont read it.
also my cd drive keeps opening and closing.
I can't get it to stop.
what do i do???
1 wrote:
for the internet is a cruel and dark place at times, and there's sex and blood everywhere.

2 wrote:
You say that like it's a bad thing.

1 wrote:
You are a bad thing.