Wizard-game

Game Design, Story, Game Play.
Matte

Wizard-game

Post by Matte »

Is it possible to create a game like the Harry Potter games with the diffirence you can choose the spells you use and you can fly a dragon at a high level?
Thx

And also, is it possible to model with blender or anim8or? Anim8or can export to .3ds, .obj, . vtx and .an8
I don't know about Blender but if it is possible, I think it's, after Milkshape, the easiest modeling tool.
Snake (like in MGS)

Post by Snake (like in MGS) »

Hello matte and....

Welcome To The Game Design Forums!!!!! :!: :!: :!: :!: :!: Back on topic, Yes it is possible to model with blender. You just need to convert it. Good luck on the wizard project and if you need ANY help let me know :D 8)
Missing: 1 brain.
Reward: I forget what that was...
Jay
RF Dev Team

Post by Jay »

Yep wizard games are possible - with scripting you can do almost anything. Interesting that you ask, because i have a similar game in the works. You will cast spells to solve puzzles and also to damage your enemies. The damage will vary with your skill. You can also heal yourself or the other party members and so on - but it is surely different from your idea.

Flying a dragon - yes that is also possible. Like i said before, scripting makes almost everything possible. If you really want to capture RFs capabilities, you MUST learn the scripting language and the scripting commands (although there are so many i always have the RF manual opened too when i script thinghs. So i can look up what arguments i needed for that command or that command...)
Everyone can see the difficult, but only the wise can see the simple.
-----
Matte

Post by Matte »

Ok, I will take a look! Thx
ZenBudha

Post by ZenBudha »

Actually I think Pickles made a wizard style game demo a long while back called "Druid" I believe. Do a search and you may find it.
Fear not the textures for the almighty stylus is with thee - Book of Zen
Matte

Post by Matte »

Thx, everybody and if anyone still wants to help, just post here.